• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bills

Tank

Hall of Famer
Apparently the weather is going to be horrible this weekend. Lamar doesn't usually play well in the rain. Maybe the rain can help equalize the pass rush by bringing the Bills down. I don't think our pass rush could be worse lol
I think he’ll learn and adjust, he’ll have to. As we know, AFC North games in the 2nd half of the season are typically played in less than optimal conditions. Not necessarily rain, but wind and cold.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think he’ll learn and adjust, he’ll have to. As we know, AFC North games in the 2nd half of the season are typically played in less than optimal conditions. Not necessarily rain, but wind and cold.
I could be wrong but usually we've lost those swirling winds or downpour games. Think Buffalo and NE. The one exception was that crazy game against the 49ers. Lamar just looks like he has it in him though this year. Like GRo called one half of bad plays week 1 as he was trying to figure out the team. That lingered into a tiny bit of bad situational play calling at the goalline in Miami, but literally otherwise has been masterful. When Lamar, GRo, and the OL are working together you can't stop him. He's a bad man

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Did you really want David or Drake to have 20??
I cannot express how much I hate Mike Davis. Honestly Mike Davis is probably my least favorite player on this team and you have to go back to Leveon Bell to find someone I equally hate. Just a coincidence they both play RB, I'm talking about all positions. Going back further probably Gino Gradkowski lmfao

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Did you really want David or Drake to have 20??

I cannot express how much I hate Mike Davis. Honestly Mike Davis is probably my least favorite player on this team and you have to go back to Leveon Bell to find someone I equally hate. Just a coincidence they both play RB, I'm talking about all positions. Going back further probably Gino Gradkowski lmfao
You know something? Until he plays like a competent RB, he will be known as Mike DAVID, not Mike Davis.

And speaking of RBs who piss me off, Latavius Murray had my blood boiling every time he went down immediately after contact LOL.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You know something? Until he plays like a competent RB, he will be known as Mike DAVID, not Mike Davis.

And speaking of RBs who piss me off, Latavius Murray had my blood boiling every time he went down immediately after contact LOL.
That was almost every carry. He had no leg drive and thus couldn't break a tackle. That being said, he had some decent runs last season for us and to this point has been better than Mike (David). Of course it's hard to be worse.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching Lawrence and Parsons yesterday made me sick to my stomach.
I think the problem with Oweh is thinking too much on the field and the game not slowing down quickly enough for him. He has all the athletic traits to be successful but needs to figure out that animal that resides between his ears. Confidence erodes with a lack of success. He should let the game come to him and not try too hard.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Our pass defense is TERRIBLE this year wow. I just checked the stats, not only are we the worst in yards, the grouping of other bad teams have allowed 800-893. We have allowed 1060. Puke

Auslander716

Practice Squad
Hey Ravens fans! Bills fan here. I posted a few times in the past - I don't join other NFL clubs message boards but Ravens fans are still my favorite fans to tailgate with (and I love downtown Baltimore). Wish the game was in Buffalo! I'd make the trip but I have a wedding the night prior and I'll be too hungover to drive 6 hours.

Anyways - that Miami game was weird. The Bills killed themselves on offense. Underthrows. Drops. The heat definitely played a factor as half the team was hooked up to hydration IVs on the sidelines.

I expect a Baltimore win. We are BEAT UP. No excuses, though. Allen will still be out there.

Rookie CB's Benford and Elam have been outstanding. Benford will be OUT w/ a broken hand. Micah Hyde is out for the season. Tre White will not be back. CB Dane Jackson MIGHT be back. Bills also are hosting free agent CB Xavier Rhodes today. WR and special teams ace Jake Kumerow has a high ankle sprain (OUT). Allen's hand is something to monitor but he will play. Poyers status is undetermined.

Take advantage of the depleted secondary. Start Bateman / Duvernay in your PPR fantasy teams.

I'm at work - that's all I have for now! Cheers.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why do we always end up playing the bills in awful weather?

Lamar bulking up this off-season seems to have put some more zip on his passes so maybe that will help? Sucks that we haven't been able to watch these two teams face each other in good weather yet though.