• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bills

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
It really is our only option. TEs can't block, Boyle seems done, Faalele needs help.

I don’t get why Boyle is on the active roster if he’s done like this. Is there really a chance he gets better as the year goes on? Let’s hope so

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
not sure the ravens can ever run a flea flicker with lamar because the defence is never ignoring him in the run game so you get very little net benefit from running a flea flicker vs a general option play
Would have to be from under center. But also extremely valid point about the fact there are always eyes on Lamar even in the run game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Would have to be from under center. But also extremely valid point about the fact there are always eyes on Lamar even in the run game.
Although if a defense saw a rb pitch back to Lamar Jackson… you might have 11 defenders coming downhill instinctively in a collective “oh shit” moment, even if its not all 11, one safety biting is all it takes

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t get why Boyle is on the active roster if he’s done like this. Is there really a chance he gets better as the year goes on? Let’s hope so
$$$ I think it costs more to cut him
Correct, this year, cutting him costs more than keeping him.

Would note that they did a bit of a restructure earlier this season to clear some cap space this year anyway. They took $1M of his salary this year and converted into a 2023 roster bonus, and they took $250K of his current year salary and turned it into incentives.

Basically, he took a $1.25M pay cut this year that he could earn back with good performance.

Realistically though, I don't see any scenario where he's back next year. They clear $7.3M in cap space by moving off of him, and only $2M in dead money. He'd have to take like a gigantic paycut to stay, perhaps down to close to the league minimum. Also possible they just think the injuries have taken a toll and they want to go younger (namely, Kolar), which is what I suspect they will do.