• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bills

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Correct, this year, cutting him costs more than keeping him.

Would note that they did a bit of a restructure earlier this season to clear some cap space this year anyway. They took $1M of his salary this year and converted into a 2023 roster bonus, and they took $250K of his current year salary and turned it into incentives.

Basically, he took a $1.25M pay cut this year that he could earn back with good performance.

Realistically though, I don't see any scenario where he's back next year. They clear $7.3M in cap space by moving off of him, and only $2M in dead money. He'd have to take like a gigantic paycut to stay, perhaps down to close to the league minimum. Also possible they just think the injuries have taken a toll and they want to go younger (namely, Kolar), which is what I suspect they will do.
I think it's pretty obvious the TE room next year is probably Andrews, Likely, Kolar, and probably one more guy. Could be Oliver, but I assume they'll look for a guy in the draft they think can come in and block whether he can catch or not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it's pretty obvious the TE room next year is probably Andrews, Likely, Kolar, and probably one more guy. Could be Oliver, but I assume they'll look for a guy in the draft they think can come in and block whether he can catch or not.

it will also partly depend on how they view kolar and likely and whether they can improve as blockers - we've seen a bunch of guys drafted as receiving tight ends here who've taken great strides as blockers at the position

Simba

Staff Member
it will also partly depend on how they view kolar and likely and whether they can improve as blockers - we've seen a bunch of guys drafted as receiving tight ends here who've taken great strides as blockers at the position
Ed Dickson says hello

Kolar has almost no blocking skill based on the tape but it very projectable there

JAAM

Hall of Famer

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Next two are big ones. As expected, Bengal fans are chirping again, they think they’re gonna shut down Lamar because they’ve done good against the gauntlet of QBs they’ve faced so far. Getting an insurance win against the Bills would be nice because falling to 3rd in the division would really suck

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Next two are big ones. As expected, Bengal fans are chirping again, they think they’re gonna shut down Lamar because they’ve done good against the gauntlet of QBs they’ve faced so far. Getting an insurance win against the Bills would be nice because falling to 3rd in the division would really suck
I actually hate the Bengals so much. I lt didn't used to be this way. I used to only care about Pittsburgh and the Ohio teams never mattered. But now I basically can't stand Burrow and the Bengals and don't care about the other 2. I know other people don't see it similarly to me on this one, but Joe Burrow infuriates me and is so hate-able. And the Bengals fans are awful too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I actually hate the Bengals so much. I lt didn't used to be this way. I used to only care about Pittsburgh and the Ohio teams never mattered. But now I basically can't stand Burrow and the Bengals and don't care about the other 2. I know other people don't see it similarly to me on this one, but Joe Burrow infuriates me and is so hate-able. And the Bengals fans are awful too

i respect the steelers even though i cant stand them - but i respect them as rivalries and i think mike tomlin is awesome
the bengals really piss me off
and right now i hate the browns

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i respect the steelers even though i cant stand them - but i respect them as rivalries and i think mike tomlin is awesome
Totally I respect the Steelers. I can't bring myself to care about the Browns their an idiot franchise. But the Bengals piss me the fuck off.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What's the Bills secondary going to look like? I know they were banged up against Miami last week. Any shot at Lamar lighting them up?

Yo. I’m not the only one! Bengals have absolutely passed up the Steelers for me and it happened so rapidly. I do blame Burrow. Fuck that guy lmao

Simba

Staff Member
Ronnie with a DNP today but they're calling it a rest day. Being that Friday is a walkthrough, I don't think it bodes super well for his chances.

Weekly inactives guess (haven't been right yet...)

Copeland gets added to the 53. Webb/Seymour (if healthy on the latter) and Sharpe get the elevations, which puts us at 53 and means we need 5 inactives

RB: Davis
TE: Boyle
OL: Stanley and Mekari
OLB: Houston

If Webb comes up, Proche could be down again and maybe you add some extra cover at DL in Isaiah Mack.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Heard there might be 20mph winds, rain, and all that good stuff. Sigh.. why can’t these heavyweight matchup be in perfect weather lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Heard there might be 20mph winds, rain, and all that good stuff. Sigh.. why can’t these heavyweight matchup be in perfect weather lol
In years past Id say this works out in our favor. Unfortunately, outside of Lamar, we have zero run game this year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yep... same here. I was actually happy for Cleveland when they won the playoff game in 2020, yeah most of it was because they beat the Steelers but their fans have waited so long for success. Going through so many GMs, Head Coaches and QBs in 20 years, yet they had such a passionate fan base. Then the Watson trade happened and everything went out the window with Cleveland for me. The Bengals for me is their fans have become insufferable since they got Burrow, and then they try to hate on Lamar, nah not happening. Another reason to hate Miami..... Miami just had to beat Cincinnati in 2019 which secured the first overall pick and Joe Burrow to the Bengals.