• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Hayden Hurst and Lamar Jackson

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
those are the 2 ive seen already. purdue was his best display of pro potential. are there any other "iconic" games by him? i wanna see him in the big moments as much as possible, he seems to respond pretty well from what little ive seen
Oh ya 2016 UVA game. He made a game winning TD with like 30 seconds left i think

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually just watched that 2016 UVA game. Showed a lot of patience and was poised in high pressure situations. Handled it with ease as a 19 year old

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lamar Jackson is the best selling Ravens Jersey on the Team Offical Website and on NFL Shop.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
what were lamar jacksons signature games? not necessarily his big stat games, but high profile, really tight dramatic games that may have put him in the spotlight?
Where he ridiculized the highly touted FSU defense is the one that made me know his name.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I am extremely excited about Lamar Jackson, just as everyone is. I watched tape of him after the pick and really warmed up to the idea of him. However in those videos they posted, not a single throw he made this weekend that was filmed wasn't extremely wobbly. That is really concerning to me. They are in shorts.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I am extremely excited about Lamar Jackson, just as everyone is. I watched tape of him after the pick and really warmed up to the idea of him. However in those videos they posted, not a single throw he made this weekend that was filmed wasn't extremely wobbly. That is really concerning to me. They are in shorts.
That worries me too. This is the AFC north lol, wobbly balls will run away from you often when our famous weather starts up

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That worries me too. This is the AFC north lol, wobbly balls will run away from you often when our famous weather starts up

My hope is that it gets solved concurrently with when they build up his footwork etc.

Watching those small snippets the best spiral he threw was on a roll out/move the pocket type play where he threw rolling to his right while moving and that was a perfect arrow - his footwork is naturally better when throwing on the move so my hope is that sorting out his footwork from under centre helps him deliver the ball better

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My hope is that it gets solved concurrently with when they build up his footwork etc.

Watching those small snippets the best spiral he threw was on a roll out/move the pocket type play where he threw rolling to his right while moving and that was a perfect arrow - his footwork is naturally better when throwing on the move so my hope is that sorting out his footwork from under centre helps him deliver the ball better
I absolutely believe that is what is going to solve this issue along with his accuracy issues. Looking forward to watching him progress over the offseason and the years in our offense, whatever that may be.

Baltimore sun article says only a few of his passes were wobbly. It's a problem you'd like to see corrected but I've seen him throw plenty of spirals to know it's not an overwhelming problem.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I absolutely believe that is what is going to solve this issue along with his accuracy issues. Looking forward to watching him progress over the offseason and the years in our offense, whatever that may be.

When the ravens preseason home games were announced as 1 and 4 it seemed like locals were jobbed out of seeing starters but you’ve gotta believe that you’re gonna see a hell of a lot of jackson in that 4th game if nothing else

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching Jackson's 2016 Clemson tape is absolutely must see.
It's encouraging to see how much he progressed as a pocket passed from 2016-2017 but man....this game is signature for me...just breathtaking stuff with the game on the line. You see his competitive fire early...how he responds.

This guy will not shrink in big moments. Louisville very well should have won this game if TE cuts fourth and twelve throw inside.

what were lamar jacksons signature games? not necessarily his big stat games, but high profile, really tight dramatic games that may have put him in the spotlight?
If you want to get at Jackson as a pocket passer, the Marshall game may be the best example. With the premise that he didn't necessarily face a top 5 front 7 he did a good job stepping up in the pocket, reading coverages (see: the TD pass on that out route; the nice throw with plenty of air on that fade at 2:20; if you stop the vid at 4:00 you'll see the WR didn't even break his post route and Lamar is already delivering with anticipation). There's pretty much everything, not only vertical throws, and he did really limit his scrambles that day.
I just wish they wouldn't cut out the plays, which are just as useful to understand what kind of player one is.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
for everyone worried about the wobbly balls - it does seem like the jackson highlights on br.com were just bad examples - there's a new mini-feature about inside the rookie minicamp and jackson throws some absolute beautiful darts in that footage - and on the lasley highlights too

so the wobbles are still an issue but the prevalence of them is not as dramatic as it first appeared (i know that was reported by the journalists who saw the practices but it still worried me)