• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Hayden Hurst and Lamar Jackson

this is exactly what i was hoping for. i think tua is bound to be seriously special, like future first overall... i specifically was hoping we rode it out to the bitter end with joe and we had a 3-13 type of season in 2020 and ended up drafting tua.
I’d take Jake Fromm over him anyday

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
this is exactly what i was hoping for. i think tua is bound to be seriously special, like future first overall... i specifically was hoping we rode it out to the bitter end with joe and we had a 3-13 type of season in 2020 and ended up drafting tua.
3-13 can still happen, with or without Joe.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d take Jake Fromm over him anyday
you havent seen enough of tua to say this.

but i know this, in that championship game tua showed more balls than i have ever seen from a qb, ever. in that situation, to come in completely unrattled at halftime, and play the way he did, totally poised and confident as a true freshman who hadnt started a game yet, is impressive.

Fromm played well, but he looked rattled compared to tua.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
you havent seen enough of tua to say this.

but i know this, in that championship game tua showed more balls than i have ever seen from a qb, ever. in that situation, to come in completely unrattled at halftime, and play the way he did, totally poised and confident as a true freshman who hadnt started a game yet, is impressive.

Fromm played well, but he looked rattled compared to tua.
Enough of Fromm neither, for that matter.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Hi Folks. Long time reader but decided to bite the bullet and actually sign up to this community and see if I can add to the conversation.

I also do not understand fans like you Ray Ray. You keep saying we gave up 2 2nd rounders bad move, were doomed but you do realise we moved up 20 spots as part of that yeah? We moved from No. 52 to No. 32 while dropping back 7 spots from No. 125 to No. 132. I dont call that us 'losing' 2 2nd rounders. We jumped a massive 20 spots from round 2 back into round 1 at the cost of a 2nd next year and 7 spots in the 4th this year.

I say welcome too.

The niceties extended, be apprised that RayRayRaven has been on the advant garde of our current franchise decay since its inception in 2012-2013. The fall from grace the Raven's have experienced has not only been discussed objectively by RayRay, it has also been anticipated and projected. RayRayRaven literally despises this draft, but I know he also welcomes it, because it brings closer the day that he has longed for ever since our franchise was attacked from within.

I would advise you to scan the threads for his posts, first read them, and thereafter read the other posts in those threads. In short order you'll understand the issues obscured by the forum's pontification and realize being a fan is one thing, but knowing how to win is something else and that for the time being, knowing how to win has been lost.

I don't have to advise against reading anyone that suggests ignoring RayRayRaven's posts, because reading their blather will in short order open your eyes to the correctness of the clairevoyant that is RayRayRaven. Now, for this time being, let us move forward in agreement that French is only as good as the understanding of a thing.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I say welcome too.

The niceties extended, be apprised that RayRayRaven has been on the advant garde of our current franchise decay since its inception in 2012-2013. The fall from grace the Raven's have experienced has not only been discussed objectively by RayRay, it has also been anticipated and projected. RayRayRaven literally despises this draft, but I know he also welcomes it, because it brings closer the day that he has longed for ever since our franchise was attacked from within.

I would advise you to scan the threads for his posts, first read them, and thereafter read the other posts in those threads. In short order you'll understand the issues obscured by the forum's pontification and realize being a fan is one thing, but knowing how to win is something else and that for the time being, knowing how to win has been lost.

I don't have to advise against reading anyone that suggests ignoring RayRayRaven's posts, because reading their blather will in short order open your eyes to the correctness of the clairevoyant that is RayRayRaven. Now, for this time being, let us move forward in agreement that French is only as good as the understanding of a thing.
Hahahahaha I'm dead

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I say welcome too.

Small price to pay for a franchise QB. If bust, we only lost one 2nd rounder, which we can't use properly, anyway.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think his narrow base is his main problem. Smooth delivery overall although it does get away from him on occasion. I know it's not the only thing to work on, but I think the main focus should be on his mechanics and footwork. I feel like that's when his accuracy gets away from him the most.

The one thing that does kind of concern me about him is that for a mobile QB, he doesn't throw well on the run. They're going to be working hard on the mechanics in the pocket and I hope that the mechanics on the run don't slip through the cracks.
I went back and watched three games with express attention to his accuracy on the run,(Purdue,Miss.St. and Clemson).
I see the exact opposite to what you describe. I lose count of how many dead on and accurate throws on the run during the first four minutes of Purdue.

The tendency is the same in the other two. He's pretty exact on the run throughout. I'll resume watching some more but I see him as borderline deadly accurate outside the pocket in those three contests.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
The little RB flares and .screens are effortless and always in stride and catchable when thrown by Lamar. This is to be expected generally from a professional quarterback but you'll notice a lot of quarterbacks miss these throws or at least misplace them enough so as to make their back work too hard to make the catch and get up field.

Lamar doesn't miss these throws. He doesn't aim them or take anything off. As I stated, it looks effortless and he uses perfect touch.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I went back and watched three games with express attention to his accuracy on the run,(Purdue,Miss.St. and Clemson).
I see the exact opposite to what you describe. I lose count of how many dead on and accurate throws on the run during the first four minutes of Purdue.

The tendency is the same in the other two. He's pretty exact on the run throughout. I'll resume watching some more but I see him as borderline deadly accurate outside the pocket in those three contests.
That's what I saw. Most qbs see good accuracy take a hit when throwing on the run, Jackson seems to have decent accuracy that stays when he throws on the run.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's what I saw. Most qbs see good accuracy take a hit when throwing on the run, Jackson seems to have decent accuracy that stays when he throws on the run.
Yeah, I just watched a fourth game and his accuracy on the run is not a problem. It's a strength. He gets flushed in the Red zone and is really accurate in tight window throws inside the ten.

His accuracy is most suspect when he is flat foote in the pocket. It is also in these instances where he can stare too long and allow defenders to break on the ball.

Some have questioned his intelligence. I do not. I see him as having high football intelligence. He knows when to give up on a pass and run. He knows when to throw instead. He gets rid of the ball out of bounds when he needs to. He protects the ball terrifically in the pocket, despite being bludgeoned.

Just finished Florida State and loved that he basically lead two winning drives....two balls thrown to the end zone perfectly with the game on the line.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
he is not a 1 read and run guy. i see him going thru at least 2 reads or getting pressure before starting to scramble....seems like some ppl just say what they hear instead of watching tape.

he needs to widen his base a bit, and his accuracy should im prove

Don’t watch that NC State game it was awful then again he had no time at all in the pocket. He was harassed on just about every play

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
he is not a 1 read and run guy. i see him going thru at least 2 reads or getting pressure before starting to scramble....seems like some ppl just say what they hear instead of watching tape.

he needs to widen his base a bit, and his accuracy should im prove
He doesn't either scramble much, most of those runs were actually designed or option plays

Watching him in the miss st. game and holy shit @ this guy’s ability to avoid sacks. Dude literally almost broke three tackles just to get back to the LoS. He definitely had his fair share of struggles this game but I like how he responded in an uphill battle. First 2 picks were bad overthrows and the 3rd was by the receiver dropping the ball. The entire offense around him is absolute shit. Like 1 v 11 bad.

Last edited: