• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

Tank

Hall of Famer
...but he took it out of the DEF's hands when he opted for going for it and not taking the points. This is what makes no sense to me with these "analytic" decisions Harbs makes. He might be placing confidence in one area of the team - the OFF by doing it, but he's taking away from SpTeams and clearly saying we have little confidence in our DEF. I'm uncertain how 2/3 of the team would be behind such a decision when from what we see - as this isn't the first time this has come up - those decisions - particularly in make or break situations - fail. I'm not so certain the players always agree and Peters' reaction could speak volumes about that.
I wouldn’t read too much into the Marcus thing, he’s an emotional guy and his team just lost a game that slipped through their fingers.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I guess, perhaps, but I don't think you can deny that it could be interpreted as a lack of confidence and that could be deflating too. I just think it was a bad decision. I seem to always be on the side of taking points while others are ok with not. Which is ok. It's all just opinion.

i think outside observers could take it as a lack of faith in the defence (like it obviously was when harbs went for 2 against the steelers and the packers last year) when the analytics didnt actually necessarily support that aggression

but i doubt any of the players would take it that way - those guys always have way too much belief in themselves to take it any other way than as harbs having faith

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The game was lost thanks to a lack of execution. Defense had some opportunities to stop a few more drives. Both Queen and Oweh had some horrible angles and missed opportunities in the backfield. Queen also had a shot at another INT

Lamar missed some guys he should have hit.

Bateman had a terrible case of drops today.

That’s execution. The Ravens came out like gang busters again and looked like the most dominant team on the field.

Greg Roman and MM are the least of the concerns today

Tank

Hall of Famer
in the longer version of this clip on wired - i always love the way lamar then asks marshal yanda who's about to trudge off and put his helmet away and yanda laughs like he's unhinged and all in

at that moment you can see he fell in love with lamar
If memory serves I think their lockers were next to each other.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think you misunderstood me. He needed to TRUST the DEF and take the FG. But he put his trust in the OFF instead; which is what he does. I think he should have taken the points and trusted the DEF. If nothing else changed, the game goes to OT. But that's making additional assumptions. Who knows? I take the points and hope the DEF can hold. I think it's a weakness of Harbs' that he goes to the well so often and meets with similar failure.
I resect your opinion. I still would have gone for it, but I understand your perspective.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Alright I'm over this loss (not really lol) our division sucks and we should win it by a few games.
North is most definitely down this year. If we beat the Bengals we’re sitting pretty

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think any coach should be getting fired. I get the frustration, but what good does that really do at this point?

Honestly , until MM has quality players he shouldn’t be on any sort of chopping block. If you really look at the defense it’s a lot of older guys or players coming off a serious injury. He has no pass rushers and no linebackers worth a damn. What do you expect?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I shall start calling you Nostradamus. Lol
I don’t think any coach should be getting fired. I get the frustration, but what good does that really do at this point?

Honestly , until MM has quality players he shouldn’t be on any sort of chopping block. If you really look at the defense it’s a lot of older guys or players coming off a serious injury. He has no pass rushers and no linebackers worth a damn. What do you expect?
I expect his ass to get out there and tackle, tackle, tackle!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I mean I guess credit to Buffalo's defense for what they have done in the second half all season. Still doesn't change the fact we made no adjustments and failed to score any points in the second half.

JAAM

Hall of Famer