• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My notes:
1. I would have kicked if I were Harbaugh. I understand the decision to go for it, I just didn't like it. Your defense was the best unit today, and the offense didn't do literally anything in the 2nd half. It felt like an admission that John didn't trust the defense to stop Allen from going down the field for a TD.
Ultimately, I could live with losing 27-23. By not converting, you're basically conceding the game in my eyes.
2. Not much for moral victories, but I think its pretty clear that we're competitive with the top of the AFC. Buffalo is as good a team as there is in the league, and we led by 17 and lost by 3. A couple calls, play calls, executions in a different direction, and we win.
Doesn't change the fact that we're 2-2, but I see a lot of supposed "good" teams in this league that look a lot worse than us on a week-to-week basis, so I'm not overly concerned. Still got some tough games on our schedule, but we've got some much easier competition coming up in the next 4-6 weeks. I think we've got a shot to go on a run.
3. Linderbaum, Oweh, and Bateman had rough games. Not what you're looking for from 3/4 of your last first round picks. Especially in a big game.
4. While the run game didn't quite get going (albeit against a really good run D), there's a lot I liked about Dobbins and Hill. Hopefully Hill's injury isn't serious, but I think this was a good step forward for the run game overall.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think any coach should be getting fired. I get the frustration, but what good does that really do at this point?

Honestly , until MM has quality players he shouldn’t be on any sort of chopping block. If you really look at the defense it’s a lot of older guys or players coming off a serious injury. He has no pass rushers and no linebackers worth a damn. What do you expect?
I really don't even know who or why you fire anybody after a loss like this. The only one would be Harbs, and that's obviously not happening.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It sucks that the two teams that lead the AFC have the tiebreakers over us.
Look at it like this, barring a massive injury plague, the Bills should win the division. We're already done with the AFCE. As for our division, anything less than 4-2 and I believe we're in trouble unless we every non division game left.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The two things speculated are a) a Stanley retirement, which I highly, highly, highly doubt and b) Jimmy Smith formally retiring, which seems more like it.
Jimmy needs to read the room if this is true

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jimmy needs to read the room if this is true
He may need to play CB. Peters was about to punch John and pull an A.B.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
remember the catalyst in 2019 on defence wasnt just the MP trade, it was also the acquisition off the street of Bynes and LJ Fort
Yep. Fort is still FA, who knows in what condition after that injury.

So low key and underrated guy for us. Had even better 2020 season until he got injured.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Is Bateman okay?