• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
That was such a refball game it’s insane. The refs need to feel some repercussions, if the league won’t do anything about it then…

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sucks that justice hill pulled his hammy

but sucks even more that it might have robbed him of a huge play - he got 15 yards or something on that carry and the last 10 were after the hammy had gone...

he might have housed it

on the plus side if he did pull the hammy, unless it's a full tear, it's probably not a long-term absence

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The only reason these losses sting the way do is because the manner in which we lost. Had I said at the start of the season we go 2-2 nobody would have cared that much. Plenty of season left.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Just not sure what The Ravens could have done differently that would have been better. Hope Batemans ok but his drop passes here and there has been such a drive killer at times. I get it was raining though

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I do think The Ravens are missing that big back that could make those goal line touchdowns though. It sucks Mike Davis not that guy but if Gus Edwards comes backs and plays like his old self then that could help this offense alot in short yard situations. The Ravens may need to also possibly sign a veteran wideout especially if Bateman is out next week

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now some positives.

The direction of the defense.

Dobbins and (can’t believe I’m going to say this) Hill learning when to use his speed.

Going to be curious what moves if any we can make later on in the year to help our defense

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do think The Ravens are missing that big back that could make those goal line touchdowns though. It sucks Mike Davis not that guy but if Gus Edwards comes backs and plays like his old self then that could help this offense alot in short yard situations. The Ravens may need to also possibly sign a veteran wideout especially if Bateman is out next week

What’s the word on Gus?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The only reason these losses sting the way do is because the manner in which we lost. Had I said at the start of the season we go 2-2 nobody would have cared that much. Plenty of season left.
To me it's the fact that we are far from being one of the most physical, teams in the league. We are being manhandled.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We should try to let Ricard do it on short yardage situations.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
To me it's the fact that we are far from being one of the most physical, teams in the league any longer. We are being manhandled.
This. I miss those days when 3rd or 4th and short and I felt very relaxed knowing we were money on those downs. Now? I cringe every time we're in these short yardage situations.

Simba

Staff Member
This. I miss those days when 3rd or 4th and short and I felt very relaxed knowing we were money on those downs. Now? I cringe every time we're in these short yardage situations.
The LB group just flat out sucks right now. DL guys are winning their battles but the LBs aren't there to clean it up like they used to be. Some many wrong reads.