• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 1st half, The Refs and The Collapse

Simba

Staff Member
You're right, how could I possibly think that gaining two whole first down in the entire 3rd quarter might have played some part in our lose. I get that our defense is absolute fucking garbage but Roman's play calling absolutely played a part in this loss
Or maybe you know... execution. Will always blow my mind how often coaches get blamed when the players are out there fucking up clear as day

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm actually astonished that a ton of us think this game is on Harbs. I'm at a loss for words. It's not that hard.

Queen - terrible play and huge missed interception
Oweh - Had his best game of the year and was still awful. Couldn't stop Allen on 4th when he had multiple opportunities. WAS ALSO THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LET THEM SCORE.

Bateman - THREE dropped passes
Linderbaum - THREE flags
Lamar - Missed Andrews for easy TD. Missed Davis for easy TD. Threw the int when going to Duv. Threw a pass right into the facemask of a DL. Didn't swat the ball down on his other tip.

That's just a few examples. Both sides of the ball but the defense in particular were GARBAGE.

Now here's the thing, this issues on offense have not been there this year and I expect them to go away. The problems on defense have been there all year and I don't expect them to go away.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm actually astonished that a ton of us think this game is on Harbs. I'm at a loss for words. It's not that hard.

Queen - terrible play and huge missed interception
Oweh - Had his best game of the year and was still awful. Couldn't stop Allen on 4th when he had multiple opportunities. WAS ALSO THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LET THEM SCORE.

Bateman - THREE dropped passes
Linderbaum - THREE flags
Lamar - Missed Andrews for easy TD. Missed Davis for easy TD. Threw the int when going to Duv. Threw a pass right into the facemask of a DL. Didn't swat the ball down on his other tip.

That's just a few examples. Both sides of the ball but the defense in particular were GARBAGE.

Now here's the thing, this issues on offense have not been there this year and I expect them to go away. The problems on defense have been there all year and I don't expect them to go away.
was it a bad call on Harbs. You bet it was, but this game was far from his fault.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Not excusing the O but that was a piss poor defensive performance in half 2 and there's really no debate about that. Blame the O as much as you want but there's a consistent issue with this team this year and it's not on that side of the ball.
Don’t disagree there’s issues on D, but again you have to score points to win games. If don’t score the last 40 minutes of any game I’m guessing you lose 9.9 times out of 10.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbaugh didn't lose this game. I already posted this. The defense is atrocious, Queen and Oweh in particular contributing negatively every week. And somehow this was Owehs best game lmao. And then whereas Lamar has helped to get into 30s, he fucked up 2 huge occasions. The Andrews should be TD and the Duv int. It's not that complicated

i mean the duv INT not even that big a mistake - it cost us 18 yards... duvernay was open and if faalele doesnt get beaten straight away by lawson off the edge he makes that throw

the andrews miss looms large at the end

Simba

Staff Member
Don’t disagree there’s issues on D, but again you have to score points to win games. If don’t score the last 40 minutes of any game I’m guessing you lose 9.9 times out of 10.
And you have to stop a team from scoring on you too. They didn't do that.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
was it a bad call on Harbs. You bet it was, but this game was far from his fault.
With regards to the first sentence, I won't disagree with anyone who believes it was a bad call. I personally would have done what Harbs did, but I understand why others disagree. But the key is your second sentence. This game was lost by the players massively. Not even close to Roman or Harbs fault. I could understand blamimg MM because he's yet to put up a good defensive performance.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i mean the duv INT not even that big a mistake - it cost us 18 yards... duvernay was open and if faalele doesnt get beaten straight away by lawson off the edge he makes that throw

the andrews miss looms large at the end
Less about the yards but the backed up field position. They weren't running well at all.

Simba

Staff Member
The coaching thing is just wild to me. Think Harbaugh was outcoached at the end for sure but don't think that was the death knell.

The death knell was players missing assignments. I watched Lamar miss open receivers. I watched Zeitler and Faalele completely whiff on blocks. I watched Bateman let 3 balls hit his hands. I watched Queen have multiple guys dead to rights and he missed. I watched Oweh lose contain multiple times. I watched Clark and Peters cover each other instead of any Bills WR.

But sure, blame Roman or MM. Makes sense.

Have we seen the O improve from last year? Is GRo making the adjustments this year? We can all agree that's a Yes. They did sputter the second half but were on pace to be one of the Top Os this year.

Now... the D is it better then last year? I mean we are getting more turnovers.... but are we still giving up tons of yardage? Are we still blowing leads (big ones at that)?? Yes, the answer is yes. We are trending to be one of the worst if not thee worst passing D in league .Are we making adjustments idk because I'm not to informed in that area I'll leave that to you folks like Ross hunter and Rmcjacket
Lol.

Are we massively overrating some players on the D... yes, yes we are.
Again the loss today was both on the D and the O. But damn I'm just tired of Harbaughs stubborn ass.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The coaching thing is just wild to me. Think Harbaugh was outcoached at the end for sure but don't think that was the death knell.

The death knell was players missing assignments. I watched Lamar miss open receivers. I watched Zeitler and Faalele completely whiff on blocks. I watched Bateman let 3 balls hit his hands. I watched Queen have multiple guys dead to rights and he missed. I watched Oweh lose contain multiple times. I watched Clark and Peters cover each other instead of any Bills WR.

But sure, blame Roman or MM. Makes sense.
From an all around executional perspective I think this was the Ravens worst game this year. Way worse than Miami. At least Miami was just Marlon was out and JAD and Hamilton were running around confused. This was everybody

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The moment I saw Carmelo Anthony root for us, I knew we were in trouble. Especially when Benny The Butcher was in attendance as well rooting for the Bills too.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With regards to the first sentence, I won't disagree with anyone who believes it was a bad call. I personally would have done what Harbs did, but I understand why others disagree. But the key is your second sentence. This game was lost by the players massively. Not even close to Roman or Harbs fault. I could understand blamimg MM because he's yet to put up a good defensive performance.

if we'd taken the 3 and lost 27-23 you bet there'd be a bajillion fans complaining about how we knew the defence couldnt stop them and that we took the game out of the hands of our MVP QB in a critical moment when historically we've trusted him in those situations

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
if we'd taken the 3 and lost 27-23 you bet there'd be a bajillion fans complaining about how we knew the defence couldnt stop them and that we took the game out of the hands of our MVP QB in a critical moment when historically we've trusted him in those situations
THANK YOU

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

But you would expect coaching to assist in solving rather than exacerbate problems, wouldn't you? Harbs and the OFF did little to help things today. The DEF allowed 23 against a top team and our OFF has scored 28+ and gotten a free pass. The problem that existed in the Dolphin game of being unable to get a first down is the same as today. You can't give a pass to them today.

Harbs' decision at the least cost us OT. He insists on being aggressive when a good coach knows prudence is the way.