• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I know I was talking shit about Bengals by 20 but really think we win this one. We'll see.

Edit: nvm I thought Peters was playing. We're F'd in the a

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The contrast in score predictions when reading RSR and other ravens forums versus any bengals forums is just unreal to me. They haven’t looked that great, probably worse than us if we’re being honest, yet 95% of predictions have them winning
They are getting better and we are getting injured even more. I don't know how we can be too optimistic about this one.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The contrast in score predictions when reading RSR and other ravens forums versus any bengals forums is just unreal to me. They haven’t looked that great, probably worse than us if we’re being honest, yet 95% of predictions have them winning
Well, I mean, I have the Bengals winning this game. I just think it'll be a close game and not a blowout because we don't get blown out that often. And while we're a bit banged up, we're not "that" banged up.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
we're getting there...
I'm not sure there's too many people more optimistic than me at this point. Injuries are unpredictable, but we get Bateman and Houston back, I think we're going to go on a long, long run here for the next few months.

We lose on Sunday, and everybody will say the sky is falling. We get some guys back, and I can easily see us winning like 7 of our next 8 after that. I think we'll be an underdog in two, maybe three games, the rest of the year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not sure there's too many people more optimistic than me at this point. Injuries are unpredictable, but we get Bateman and Houston back, I think we're going to go on a long, long run here for the next few months.

We lose on Sunday, and everybody will say the sky is falling. We get some guys back, and I can easily see us winning like 7 of our next 8 after that. I think we'll be an underdog in two, maybe three games, the rest of the year.

it's just thoroughly demoralising that every single week we're losing another guy

and really frustrating that we keep seeming to lose guys at positions we're already thin

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's just thoroughly demoralising that every single week we're losing another guy

and really frustrating that we keep seeming to lose guys at positions we're already thin
And oddly, the betting sharps absolutely LOVE us in this game. I've not seen a betting handle yet of Pros who wants to take Cincy in this game.
I'm devaluing us on the injuries alone, but I think we may be overselling Cincy here based on past outcomes vs 2022 outcomes. This teams been healthy for a month and still looked very pedestrian in most games.

Literally only reason I like Bengals is a) they're healthier, b) they've torched our secondary in the past and c) they've had 10 days to prepare. The latter part I think is a bit lost in this.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ronnie Stanley better be playing this Sunday. Why talk to reporters 2 weeks prior just to keep on ghosting. Might as well stay Casper then. Don’t tease us with a good time!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ronnie Stanley better be playing this Sunday. Why talk to reporters 2 weeks prior just to keep on ghosting. Might as well stay Casper then. Don’t tease us with a good time!
I'm tempering expectations. He's an elite player when healthy, but I think we probably need to stop pretending like he's just going to walk out on the field after like 2 years and dominate. I dare say he may not even be an every-snap player the first week or so. I could see them rotating between he and Mekari, similar to what they did with Tyre.

I expect the first few weeks of him coming back to be "rougher" than we would expect.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Now granted, they haven't played the strongest of opponents, but the Bengals defense has been very solid so far (at least from what I've seen). I listen to AFC North Talk on YouTube every week. If we can't run on them in the first half, I think we get blown out.

I expect Andrews to be blanketed. Duvernay............well we'll see. Maybe Robinson will step up as well, I dunno. Two more keys: clean up the OL penalties that really hurt us against the Bills and Lamar just needs to do what he does best. Last season, I recall at least one time where Lamar just stayed in the pocket when he had green in front of him.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm tempering expectations. He's an elite player when healthy, but I think we probably need to stop pretending like he's just going to walk out on the field after like 2 years and dominate. I dare say he may not even be an every-snap player the first week or so. I could see them rotating between he and Mekari, similar to what they did with Tyre.

I expect the first few weeks of him coming back to be "rougher" than we would expect.

I know. I’m not expecting All-Pro level of play in his first game back. I just want to see him back to start the process

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Line was -3.5.. shit still hasnt changed since they ruled bateman out wtf.. was gonna take bengals +9.5… idk now lol. Something fishy

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, I mean, I have the Bengals winning this game. I just think it'll be a close game and not a blowout because we don't get blown out that often. And while we're a bit banged up, we're not "that" banged up.
Well if we can’t beat the Bengals at home we’re not winning anything this year

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Hill, Bateman & Houston out , the rushing , receiving and sack leaders on the team.
Lamar will have to ball out for us to win. He can do it but will our D get out of the cellar on Team D stats ?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Well if we can’t beat the Bengals at home we’re not winning anything this year
giphy.gif