• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Jaleel Scott and Jordan Lasley

Simba

Staff Member
Was there anything else on the maturity side of things or just being caught with fake ID while trying to buy some booze? I mean, who hasn't done that?

Seems like a lot of different things with him. Lots of team-imposed suspensions for unidentified reasons so hard to say exactly what. He definitely seems like a kid that needs a kick in the ass as he's apparently been this way since high school. Hopefully the big bucks of the NFL will make him realize but we know it does the exact opposite for some.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lasely is really damn explosive and makes a ton of big plays in all the games i watched. His best tapes for me are his last 2 gamez of the season, especially kansas st. If anyone wants to say he produced cause of Rosen watch the kansas st game where Rosen didnt play

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like the TY Hilton comp. Thats definetly his potential which is nice. I think bes a more explosove Daesean Hamilton yet less consistent (if he wasnt consistent enough already)

Another thing i noticed on tape was how in nearly every game it seemed Rosen would target Lasely early and often

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
there is something i really hate... when i suddenly find myself thinking every single player drafted is good, and im reaching that point... originally i was not big on scott, i had watched him before, but not closely, and mostly only highlights, i thought allen lazard and auden tate were essentially the same guys but better, after a much harder look, i feel i was wrong...

hopefully this isnt the homer in me, but with a closer look it appears he has by far the best movement out of those guys, i lump these guys together because theyre all the long and strong physical possession/redzone receivers in the mid/late rounds and off the top of my head i cant think of another guy i would strictly lump into that category, but the thing about scott is, of those guys he has the best chance to break out beyond that category. scott is closer to the brandon marshall type, big as fuck and will kick your ass for the ball, but still has surprising movement skills, whereas the other 2 are more like a kelvin benjamin or even worse a jaelen strong, just big and stiff and will rely purely on winning jumpballs. scott wont be breaking away like ridley, but he will be able to gain enough of a step with looser hips and quicker feet than those others, to go up and get it with less of a challenge than those others who simply wont be able to separate in the least bit.

his hands are also deadly consistent, he just catches the damn ball, through 3 games i havent seen a drop, a bobble, a double catch, a late-secure catch(as in he catches but it rolls around for a good 2 or more steps as he struggles to secure it ie. the lee evans drop or corey clement SB TD). i am far more sold on his ability than i was at the time that we drafted chris moore or tandon doss.

not anointing him at all, im just admitting that i was wrong about him, and no longer look at this draft as another shitshow regarding our attempts at drafting a wr

rossihunter2

Staff Member
there is something i really hate... when i suddenly find myself thinking every single player drafted is good, and im reaching that point... originally i was not big on scott, i had watched him before, but not closely, and mostly only highlights, i thought allen lazard and auden tate were essentially the same guys but better, after a much harder look, i feel i was wrong...

hopefully this isnt the homer in me, but with a closer look it appears he has by far the best movement out of those guys, i lump these guys together because theyre all the long and strong physical possession/redzone receivers in the mid/late rounds and off the top of my head i cant think of another guy i would strictly lump into that category, but the thing about scott is, of those guys he has the best chance to break out beyond that category. scott is closer to the brandon marshall type, big as fuck and will kick your ass for the ball, but still has surprising movement skills, whereas the other 2 are more like a kelvin benjamin or even worse a jaelen strong, just big and stiff and will rely purely on winning jumpballs. scott wont be breaking away like ridley, but he will be able to gain enough of a step with looser hips and quicker feet than those others, to go up and get it with less of a challenge than those others who simply wont be able to separate in the least bit.

his hands are also deadly consistent, he just catches the damn ball, through 3 games i havent seen a drop, a bobble, a double catch, a late-secure catch(as in he catches but it rolls around for a good 2 or more steps as he struggles to secure it ie. the lee evans drop or corey clement SB TD). i am far more sold on his ability than i was at the time that we drafted chris moore or tandon doss.

not anointing him at all, im just admitting that i was wrong about him, and no longer look at this draft as another shitshow regarding our attempts at drafting a wr

I think for me I absolutely love the haul we brought in and a lot of my reservations are answered by the bulk of the haul and the way it complements itself

I worry that Jaleel Scott won’t be able to separate against corners on the outside and he doesn’t always use his length well - that’s negated by the fact that I know for sure jordan Lasley will be able to separate but I worry about all those drops even if not all were on him there’s still a dread that fills me because of our troubles with drops obviously with perriman but tbh the whole corps last year too

And while I don’t love deshon Elliott i thought a team would take him on day 2 so I can’t turn my nose up at that value

Anthony Averett is a guy who’s handsy and a bit undersized but he’s probably a better athlete even than Marlon and I had a round 2 grade on Averett - to get him in the 4th is great value

If anything the pick I didn’t like from a value standpoint is Hayden hurst - don’t get me wrong I like the player and I love the fit but I said when the pick happened that I felt a little deflated because I like he wasn’t a top 15 player and I had a couple of them left on the board - but that was negated by the fact that the 15th player on my board got taken at 32 by the ravens too

So I would guess that’s part of why you feel good about all these guys because we had so much ammunition and we got so many guys you like that the weaknesses and things you don’t like about some of the guys are overshadowed

And take into account the fact too that harbs agrees with you

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
J.Scott seems to have some solid hands and good body control to high point jump balls. When the pick was made I was hoping for D.Cain but it appears the team was looking for boom or bust potential with these two WRs.

Lasley - from everything I’ve read would have been much higher pick if it weren’t for red flags. I’m not thrilled about drop rate, but if he can get some deep balls or draw PIs like Torrey then whatever.

I was really hoping they’d finally add WRs with good route running since it’s clearly something the coaching staff fails to develop over the years.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
J.Scott seems to have some solid hands and good body control to high point jump balls. When the pick was made I was hoping for D.Cain but it appears the team was looking for boom or bust potential with these two WRs.

Lasley - from everything I’ve read would have been much higher pick if it weren’t for red flags. I’m not thrilled about drop rate, but if he can get some deep balls or draw PIs like Torrey then whatever.

I was really hoping they’d finally add WRs with good route running since it’s clearly something the coaching staff fails to develop over the years.
Scott actually has the traits to become a good route runner and Lasley is a pretty good route runner so we could've done much worse in that department.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know this has all pretty much been said to this point, but I'll kind of repeat it. I had some time to look into Lasley a bit more today and this might actually be one of my favorite picks in the draft. The drops are certainly there, as well as the reported maturity concerns. However, it's known that he's a big play waiting to happen. What I like most though is the swag. The guy just oozes confidence and even though you might have some pains to go along with it, he just brings some excitement.
Yep, I love watching Lasley and if I had a 7th round pick in the forum mock, I would have taken him. Glad @Lost_In_Translation had a chance.

I have a feeling that Lasley is going to surprise in the NFL. Great pick

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i got something weird... in madden, i drafted a 5th round WR, his name was will LADLER, he was in the speed category and had superstar development...

few years into development he went up to like 91 overall, he had 96 speed, and his awareness, route running, release, and jumping were all really high, but his catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, and strength, were all really low, and he constantly dropped easy catchable balls, and couldnt catch a ball with even the slightest bit of contact, but he constantly got open deep, and when he caught YAC route like slants and drags he broke long ones often.

thought that was weird how lasley has such a similar name and skillset as a randomly generated 5th round prospect i got on madden. illuminati confirmed

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i got something weird... in madden, i drafted a 5th round WR, his name was will LADLER, he was in the speed category and had superstar development...

few years into development he went up to like 91 overall, he had 96 speed, and his awareness, route running, release, and jumping were all really high, but his catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, and strength, were all really low, and he constantly dropped easy catchable balls, and couldnt catch a ball with even the slightest bit of contact, but he constantly got open deep, and when he caught YAC route like slants and drags he broke long ones often.

thought that was weird how lasley has such a similar name and skillset as a randomly generated 5th round prospect i got on madden. illuminati confirmed
Lmao, it's either illuminati or you're a little paranoid after watching too much tape

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

So you developed a receiver and didn't upgrade any of his catching stats...?

donnydanger

Practice Squad

Not sure if I should post this here but this guy is an UDFA the ravens signed. Now I know it’s a highlight tape but man this guy looks good. Anyone know anything about him. Andre Levrone

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Not sure if I should post this here but this guy is an UDFA the ravens signed. Now I know it’s a highlight tape but man this guy looks good. Anyone know anything about him. Andre Levrone

He's a deep threat that scored a lot, but his hands are only average at best and he will have the occasional drop. Accorind to NFL.com's profile he does have okay route running and will really compete for the ball, plus he ran around 4.4 in his two 40 attempts during his pro day. He's intriguing if he can develop. At worst could be a better version of Jacoby and a decent WR3.

Also this from PFF:
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/945376354199130112

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

This made me lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
a lot of people are saying to take the good with the bad, but dude, i dont want a drive stalling because some jackass drops a wide open pass that hits him square in the hands, or once again a pass bouncing off his hands and into a defenders.

the guy is a risk to have on the field, a HUGE risk. i dont care about his potential, that makes it even scarier because that means he will get opportunities that he shouldnt get. lasley is the one pick i really did not like.