• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to the Ravens, Jaleel Scott and Jordan Lasley

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lasley's hands are... Weird. Have him go over the middle to catch balls in stride and he's going to be textbook about that shit. Make him stop on a dime the concentration drops pick in. Not a jumpball guy either.

His hands aren't bad... They're just not good. He's not Greg Little.

I actually fully expect him to contribute this year. I could see him get a starting spot. He's that talented with the ball in his hands

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lasley's hands are... Weird. Have him go over the middle to catch balls in stride and he's going to be textbook about that shit. Make him stop on a dime the concentration drops pick in. Not a jumpball guy either.

His hands aren't bad... They're just not good. He's not Greg Little.

I actually fully expect him to contribute this year. I could see him get a starting spot. He's that talented with the ball in his hands

I think he’s gonna get snaps maybe in relief of John brown but I think he may end up getting more of his snaps as a slot receiver as a different style of slot to willie Snead

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

1:59 sold me. chopped feet off the line to cause hesitation on press, faked a fade, won the Inside with the fake, sharp cut immediately after seeing his inside leverage, good recovery by the cb, but a spectacular catch by Scott after using some real savvy to win inside leverage on a catch he needed to make.

That's boldin shit, some real savviness from Scott there

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Apparently we added this guy to the 90, I think he'll compete for KR/PR role

It's like something out of a comedy sketch. He makes opponents look absolutely ridiculous trying to stop him.

I have two questions...

How does returning in college translate to returning in the pros?

Are there usually many (if any) changes a returner would have to make or anything that will affect him differently once he gets to this level?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's like something out of a comedy sketch. He makes opponents look absolutely ridiculous trying to stop him.

I have two questions...

Are there usually many (if any) changes a returner would have to make or anything that will affect him differently once he gets to this level?
Punt returns seem to handled the same way. The only real change is the level of competition.

Lasley may be the steal of our draft.

I have two questions...

Nah not really, talent level is just overall higher in the pros.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

I have two questions...

It translates fairly seamlessly. And Grant actually has offensive value as well. He has a very rich injury history and thats scary but he looks to be a pretty decent receiver as well. Not as one dimensional as I thought he would be when I first saw his name on this forum.

The only problem is he isn't fast...like at all. He ran in the 4.6s at his pro day. Unless he was working through an injury or something...which could be the case. He missed a lot of time this past season.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The only problem is he isn't fast...like at all. He ran in the 4.6s at his pro day. Unless he was working through an injury or something...which could be the case. He missed a lot of time this past season.

it feels like that must be it because he looks fast on film - his best production is from 2016 too so i feel like this might be a flier on seeing if a guy has the athleticism post-injury to be as effective as he was pre-injury because he runs around and flies by people on his 2016 tape