• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Roster

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What do you guys think the roster is going to look like going forward? Usually there are 1 or 2 late cut guys we steal, but we'd have to think the majority of our team is set. If you want to start making your predictive depth charts that would be cool. I'll try soon as well.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
QB
Flacco and Jackson

RB
Collins, Dixon, Allen

FB
Ricard

TE
Hurst, Boyle, Andrews, William's

WR
Crabtree, Brown, Snead, Moore, Lasley, Scott

OLINE
Stanley, Lewis, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Hurst, Bozeman, Siragusa

WOLF PACK (28)

SAFETY
Weddle, Jefferson, Elliot, Clark, Levine

CORNERS
Smith, Humphrey, Young, Canady, Carr, Averret

LINEBACKERS
Mosley, Onwuasor, Young, Suggs, Bowser, Judon, Williams

DLINE
Williams, Pierce, Henry, Urban, Davis, Wormley, Kafusi.

Oops I'm at 55. Don't know who I would cut. This seems like a solid roster to me. Think we'll do better than expected.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Way too early for this but

There will be 3 QBs on the roster, add RGIII
Kaufusi, Levine, Davis cut
Ricard, one WR may not make it
Jimmy Smith , Siragusa start on IR
Clark, Carr , Boyle not safe
Vince Mayle and Sieler make 53

What about J. Hill, ZDS?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
QB: Flacco, RG3, Jackson

RB: Collins, Dixon, Buck

FB: Ricard

WR1: Crab, Scott

WR2: Brown, Moore, Lasley

WR3(slot): Snead, White

TE1: Hurst, Andrews

TE2: Boyle, Maxx

LT: Stanley, Hurst

LG: Lewis, Siragusa

C: Skura, Bozeman

RG: Yanda, Eluemenor

RT: Brown Jr, Hurst

wow... that OL really doesnt look bad at all.

WOLB: Suggs, Bowser

ILB1: Mosley, Correa

ILB2: Bradley(makes a leap), Onwuasor, Young

SOLB: Judon, Williams, Smith

DE: Urban, Wormley

NT: Pierce, Davis

DT: Williams, Henry

CB1: Jimmy, Carr

CB2: Humphrey, Averett

CB3/Nickel: Young, Hill

FS: Weddle, Elliott

SS: Jefferson, Clark

Dimebacker: Levine, Clark

this is actually an exciting roster. say young and averett do well, averett could have been a third round pick, if he cleans up his hands and his grabbies, he can be a steal, he reminded me of cary williams from the first time i watched him and ill gladly take that in the fourth. Kenny Young looks like a more excited arthur brown on film, which means he plays fast, VERY fast, if he is passionate about football unlike brown and can process things mentally, he could be the coverage answer at ilb we need. worst case, our starting roster has 1 weak spot on defense, at ILB2, and we have some good depth everywhere but the LB

on offense, just adding a RT and having another depth piece in bozeman, and getting back siragusa healthy will make our OL a lot less terrifying for us, we no longer have to worry about 5 players changing position if one starter gets hurt, thats huge, having a backup at their natural position at all 5 spots, except for LT and hopefully stanley stays on the field.

and for the future... boy how different things look. we once again neglected to address the WR corps properly, but we have weapons, hurst and andrews are excellent additions and assuming lamar becomes the starter he will love those guys, but we are gonna need a real deal legit weapon at wr for jackson if we ever expect him to play well. the defense in general is set for the future, we still need a future FS, ILB, and maybe a CB, but we should be set overall. now on offense, we have to hope collins continues and can do this for a good few years, we have to replace yanda and find a C, but we still need future WRs, i dont believe in the ones we drafted, but hell maybe they surprise.

this is the first time ravens fans have reason for excitement in quite some time. i like it.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

this is actually an exciting roster. say young and averett do well, averett could have been a third round pick, if he cleans up his hands and his grabbies, he can be a steal, he reminded me of cary williams from the first time i watched him and ill gladly take that in the fourth. Kenny Young looks like a more excited arthur brown on film, which means he plays fast, VERY fast, if he is passionate about football unlike brown and can process things mentally, he could be the coverage answer at ilb we need. worst case, our starting roster has 1 weak spot on defense, at ILB2, and we have some good depth everywhere but the LB

on offense, just adding a RT and having another depth piece in bozeman, and getting back siragusa healthy will make our OL a lot less terrifying for us, we no longer have to worry about 5 players changing position if one starter gets hurt, thats huge, having a backup at their natural position at all 5 spots, except for LT and hopefully stanley stays on the field.

and for the future... boy how different things look. we once again neglected to address the WR corps properly, but we have weapons, hurst and andrews are excellent additions and assuming lamar becomes the starter he will love those guys, but we are gonna need a real deal legit weapon at wr for jackson if we ever expect him to play well. the defense in general is set for the future, we still need a future FS, ILB, and maybe a CB, but we should be set overall. now on offense, we have to hope collins continues and can do this for a good few years, we have to replace yanda and find a C, but we still need future WRs, i dont believe in the ones we drafted, but hell maybe they surprise.

this is the first time ravens fans have reason for excitement in quite some time. i like it.
I like this roster a lot. I'm unsure about Tim white making the team. However, I wholeheartedly agree that there is really reason for excitement. I do however believe that outside of Lamar, Lasley is going to be the steal of this draft. Guy could've been a second round pick if he cleaned up his act and had even just slightly better hands. One year under Smokey will do him good.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of C+ B- players

thats the problem with us. We have no elite players. the wolfpack and Yanda? how much longer are we going to milk a 2007 draft pick?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Way too early for this but

There will be 3 QBs on the roster, add RGIII
Kaufusi, Levine, Davis cut
Ricard, one WR may not make it
Jimmy Smith , Siragusa start on IR
Clark, Carr , Boyle not safe
Vince Mayle and Sieler make 53

What about J. Hill, ZDS?

Agree with 3 qbs. Don't think Levine is cut. I don't think there is any way that we go with less than 6 wrs and I think Moore is one. Jimmy yes, don't think Siragusa. Maybe Clark, but I'd say that Carr is safe considering the injury concerns and that position with Young coming back from injury. I would assume Boyle is safe for some reason, but that's me and can't really argue that. Don't think Mayle makes it. J Hill probably gone and damn you ZDS. The olb and DL situation will be interesting with a new DC. Hope to see these 2nd year guys steal some reps and hopefully roster spot(s).

I'll try for the hell of it.

ST-3
Tucker, Koch, Cox

QB- 3
Flacco, RG3, Jackson

RB - 3
Collins, Dixon, Allen

FB- 1
Ricard

TE- 4
Hurst, Andrews, Boyle, Williams

WR- 6
Crabtree, Snead, Brown, Moore, Lasley, Scott

OL- 9
Stanley, Hurst, Brown, Siragusa, Lewis, Yanda, Skura, Eluemunor, Bozeman

DL- 6
Williams, Pierce, Henry, Urban, Wormley, Davis

LB- 9
Mosley, Onwuasor, "Levine", Young, Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Smith

CB- 6
Smith, Humphrey, Carr, Young, Canady, Averrett

S- 4
Weddle, Jefferson, Elliot, Clark

Smith starts on IR.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
A lot of C+ B- players

thats the problem with us. We have no elite players. the wolfpack and Yanda? how much longer are we going to milk a 2007 draft pick?

I agree to an extent. We don't really have skill players that demand respect. Speed is good, but if they can't catch or your qb can't connect it means nothing. Same if they're not being schemed open. On defense I think we have guys who haven't been utilized and might see a HUGE jump with some guys if given the right opportunity.

Weddle, Jimmy, Humphrey, Young, Suggs, Williams and Pierce are guys who don't fall into that average player category, to me. Then on offense I'd go Collins, Yanda, Stanley and Crabtree. Ew. Not for nothing, I really don't trust Brown, yet, but he could turn out to be a real x-factor.

QB
Flacco and Jackson

RB
Collins, Dixon, Allen

FB
Ricard

TE
Hurst, Boyle, Andrews, William's

WR
Crabtree, Brown, Snead, Moore, Lasley, Scott

OLINE
Stanley, Lewis, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Hurst, Bozeman, Siragusa

WOLF PACK (28)

SAFETY
Weddle, Jefferson, Elliot, Clark, Levine

CORNERS
Smith, Humphrey, Young, Canady, Carr, Averret

LINEBACKERS
Mosley, Onwuasor, Young, Suggs, Bowser, Judon, Williams

DLINE
Williams, Pierce, Henry, Urban, Davis, Wormley, Kafusi.

Oops I'm at 55. Don't know who I would cut. This seems like a solid roster to me. Think we'll do better than expected.

Will Siragusa be ready? If not, that would eliminate one person, other than that it’s a tough call on who else to cut. Agree it’s a pretty solid roster.

What about Tim White and Adeboyjo and Posey?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping that some of our UDFA's will be gems.
WR from Western Illinois is interesting.

Agree with 3 qbs. Don't think Levine is cut. I don't think there is any way that we go with less than 6 wrs and I think Moore is one. Jimmy yes, don't think Siragusa. Maybe Clark, but I'd say that Carr is safe considering the injury concerns and that position with Young coming back from injury. I would assume Boyle is safe for some reason, but that's me and can't really argue that. Don't think Mayle makes it. J Hill probably gone and damn you ZDS. The olb and DL situation will be interesting with a new DC. Hope to see these 2nd year guys steal some reps and hopefully roster spot(s).

I don't think we'll carry both Boyle and Ricard on the team. Ricard appears to have much more value (better blocker, 2-way player, no off the field stupid stuff).
Mayle for ST, he played well last year, Levine had tough injury.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

You have 54 there by my count, without LS/K/P

redrum52

Hall of Famer
WR from Western Illinois is interesting.

I don't think we'll carry both Boyle and Ricard on the team. Ricard appears to have much more value (better blocker, 2-way player, no off the field stupid stuff).
Mayle for ST, he played well last year, Levine had tough injury.

Kept him cause of versatility. Couldn't find who we actually play on ST so that would have changed my picks a little as well too. Was inclined to leave Levine off but feel like he's a favorite of Harbs. Making this list reminded me about how much Harbaugh seemed to hate Antwan Barnes.

Simba

Staff Member
It's really tough right now, but unfortunately, we know injuries will play a part. Notes on guys not on the list at the bottom.

QB (2): Flacco, Jackson
RB (3): Collins, Dixon, Allen
FB (1): Ricard
WR (6): Crabtree, Brown, Snead, Moore, Scott, Lasley
TE (4): Hurst, Andrews, Boyle, Williams
OL (8): Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Lewis, Siragusa, Eluemunor
DL (6): Williams, Pierce, Henry, Urban, Wormley, Davis
OLB (5): Suggs, Judon, Smith, Bowser, Williams
ILB (4): Mosley, Bradley, Onwuasor, Young
CB (6): Smith, Humphrey, Young, Carr, Canady, Averett
S (5): Weddle, Jefferson, Clark, Elliott, Levine
ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

QB: I think RG3 has a real shot as they develop Lamar. I have him off now on shear numbers but an injury somewhere and I think he's got a real good chance to make it.
WR: I wouldn't overlook Tim White as he may be the primary returner. One of Scott or Lasley could get the PS or IR treatment if they struggle.
OL: Bozeman might be dependent on whether or not Siragusa is ready for the season, and if either he or Lewis gets cross work at C. Senat to the PS.
DL: Sieler to the PS.
DB: I think we could end up going 1 less here but that's predicated on a likely injury. Hill starts the season on PUP.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
A lot of C+ B- players

The difference this year is that our C+/B- players are young and have room to grow. The last few years we've had C+/B- players who were old and maxed out.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If by veterans you mean Perriman, Correa, Kaufusi - yes
No, I mean it's possible guys like Davis, Levine, ZDS, Allen(if we bring in a good looking UDFA) and who knows who else, could very well lose their roster spots. I don't know what we'd do with all these other rookies otherwise. It's obvious this team wants to get younger.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
No, I mean it's possible guys like Davis, Levine, ZDS, Allen(if we bring in a good looking UDFA) and who knows who else, could very well lose their roster spots. I don't know what we'd do with all these other rookies otherwise. It's obvious this team wants to get younger.
I think purge is happening. Have Levine, Kaufusi and Davis cut in the post above. Possibly Boyle.
ZDS might be in danger if Wink doesn't like him as much as Pees. (fingers crossed)

Lot would depend on health, obviously.