• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Bengals Edition

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I really hope we can keep Devin Duvernay in Baltimore for a long time. I would love to see him be used more like Deebo but he’s gotten tons better as a WR. He should’ve had a bigger game against Cincinnati. A 100+ Yard game is coming. Dude is a stud and it’s hard to find a guy like him. What a steal he has proven to be. So happy we bet on him.

Tank

Hall of Famer
What’s the key? He had some bad throws for sure , and Roman had to get really creative yesterday to keep our offense on schedule. Feels like our skill players aren’t winning their match ups enough.
I think the key is not personnel, it's between his ears. He gets flustered at times and just loses focus.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm talking about when the season ends. I don't think Houston or Campbell is coming back tbh. Maybe I'm wrong.
Draft. Ojabo, Bowser and Oweh doesn't sound bad as a base. Pierce is still under contract as well and have Jones, but definitely think DL gets double dipped in the draft.

Oh crap... I didn't even realize Hayes was still on the team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

idk what ramey's talking about lol

this kind of mobility and ability to cover ground in your vertical set while staying perfectly square while also being able to anchor vs speed-to-power is ELITE

the signs of what we've seen from the 1/3 of the snaps that he played on sunday suggest we're looking at maybe the best possible outcome for Stanley's return - he's shown all the skills that made him a top 3-5 pass protector in the NFL in 2019 and 2020

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor

this kind of mobility and ability to cover ground in your vertical set while staying perfectly square while also being able to anchor vs speed-to-power is ELITE

the signs of what we've seen from the 1/3 of the snaps that he played on sunday suggest we're looking at maybe the best possible outcome for Stanley's return - he's shown all the skills that made him a top 3-5 pass protector in the NFL in 2019 and 2020

THANK GOD. I hope this holds up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
THANK GOD. I hope this holds up.

the small sample size is obviously really important context
but... given the pitch count, i'm not sure we could have hoped for a better first outing

and it's not like he was against scrubs either... he was up against hendrickson and hubbard who've had a ton of pressures to start the year (entering week 5 the bengals were 3rd in pressures iirc)

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
the small sample size is obviously really important context
but... given the pitch count, i'm not sure we could have hoped for a better first outing

and it's not like he was against scrubs either... he was up against hendrickson and hubbard who've had a ton of pressures to start the year (entering week 5 the bengals were 3rd in pressures iirc)
Agreed. Like I posted somewhere, I was dead wrong being against him even playing Sunday. Super impressed by what we saw. Very tempered in my enthusiasm still though. Fingers crossed.......

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

he was the best in the league in 2019

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

His movement looked different on that particular film, he looks crazy twitchy and that anchor was stronger than I think I’m used to seeing from him

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Lol can we talk about Lamar just making an insane throw around that defender

I think Stanley may be slightly reinvented as a player ie worked on upper strength for a while when he recovered. I was very scared of Lawson and Hendricks for him and it's not like he did insanely well but he showed signs.

Admittedly I never thought he would look the same or be nearly as good- and while it is still early too tell, Sunday was promising.

I wouldn't mind only playing Patrick this next week on death field..

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And by this offseason, I expect EDC to address the pass-rushing department. He just has to.
It feels like the entire front seven needs to be retooled. We have a couple solid pieces but as a group they're the ones that never seem to really put it all together. We could really use some smarter ILBs (I'd kill for another Mosly) and DTs that can get penetration on passing plays.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
It feels like the entire front seven needs to be retooled. We have a couple solid pieces but as a group they're the ones that never seem to really put it all together. We could really use some smarter ILBs (I'd kill for another Mosly) and DTs that can get penetration on passing plays.
It’s just been stop gaps and failed projects kinda mushed together. Continuously bringing back players is funny. Mad and Jones r core pieces. Odafe and objo with bowser works decent. Add a piece there but retool the line and Inside backers

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
We all knew this game would decide if the sky was falling or if we’re still a top dog.

Credit to Greg Roman for improving his plays after last week and using dev duv properly.
I truly believe the ravens are perfectly build and on scheduel this year to get hot at the right time. We know this team will only get better

Can we also talk about Marcus peters bouncing back from trying to kill harbs to having one of the most dominate games I’ve ever watched a corner play? He had a 16 yard sack Lmao. He fucked chase up and is still surely that guy.

What a great game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We all knew this game would decide if the sky was falling or if we’re still a top dog.

Credit to Greg Roman for improving his plays after last week and using dev duv properly.
I truly believe the ravens are perfectly build and on scheduel this year to get hot at the right time. We know this team will only get better

Can we also talk about Marcus peters bouncing back from trying to kill harbs to having one of the most dominate games I’ve ever watched a corner play? He had a 16 yard sack Lmao. He fucked chase up and is still surely that guy.

What a great game
I need us to extend peters long term so I can go buy his jersey and not have to worry about him leaving.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

What a great game
Agree, let's continue to get players back and stay healthy, and hopefully Lamar comes back into good form leading into the playoffs. I'd like to avoid having to play a division rival in the playoffs because those games are usually obnoxious and sometimes the better team doesn't always win.