• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 College Football Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
the 4th and 11 call could've been Harbaugh's call.(Justin Tucker fakes). Fromm played a great game, those Fields snaps weren't working all season, at least in the games I watched why does their OC think it's a good idea to run them against bama?
They did it vs LSU and lost that game, too

Reactions: cdp

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Would have been something to see the committee go crazy if Bama lost and they had to not put them number one.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
So far today, there is no surprise upsets in any of these big championship games, although Northwestern could still pull out win.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Alabama's QB Depth is incredible. Tua who is likely the first overall pick in 2020, then Jalen Hurts comes off the bench and they make the 14 point comeback. Most NFL teams would kill for that kind of depth(looking at you 2011 Colts) in today's NFL where teams all of a sudden go into tank mode because they lacked a reliable backup.

I don't see how we don't see ANOTHER Bama-Clemson Championship Game when its all set and done.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
My top 4 prediction 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Notre Dame 4. Ohio State
I feel Georgia is the fourth best team but two loses is too much to overcome.
I feel Ohio State had the worst loss against Purdue, but IMHO they have more quality wins than the Sooners and the Sooners defense is not very good.

Last edited:

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
My top 4 prediction 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Notre Dame 4. Ohio State
I feel Georgia is the fourth best team but two loses is too much to overcome.
I feel Ohio State had the worst loss against Purdue, but IMHO they have way more quality wins than the Sooners.
After watching Maryland play Ohio State I see no way the Buckeyes deserve to be in the playoffs.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
my wishful prediction: 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Notre Dame 4. UCF

my realistic prediction: 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Notre Dame 4. Oklahoma

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I understand that Oklahoma beat an average Texas team and Georgia lost to Alabama, I get it, but...

Those were not playoff games, they were not elimination games, and Oklahoma is not a better team than Georgia, and that 4 seed is a goddamn travesty. I think it’s purely because nobody wanted to see bama and Georgia play 2 consecutive games, but Georgia is by far the better and more deserving team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I understand that Oklahoma beat an average Texas team and Georgia lost to Alabama, I get it, but...

Those were not playoff games, they were not elimination games, and Oklahoma is not a better team than Georgia, and that 4 seed is a goddamn travesty. I think it’s purely because nobody wanted to see bama and Georgia play 2 consecutive games, but Georgia is by far the better and more deserving team.

and given the story of that game georgia definitely deserved another crack at bama but heyho it is what it is

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and given the story of that game georgia definitely deserved another crack at bama but heyho it is what it is
Exactly. Georgia is #3 to me honestly, if they didn’t lay an egg vs LSU they could be #2. I’m not sold on ND and don’t think Oklahoma is gonna be the least bit competitive

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Exactly. Georgia is #3 to me honestly, if they didn’t lay an egg vs LSU they could be #2. I’m not sold on ND and don’t think Oklahoma is gonna be the least bit competitive
I think Georgia is better than Clemson.
Two losses and not winning conference championship were always going to take them out of the picture.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Maryland hires Mike Locksley as their head coach. Should help to keep some of the local talent from the DMV in the area as he’s a local guy.

Last edited: