• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 College Football Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Kyler Murray won the Heisman last night, has had to apologize for tweets he made when he was 14/15 years old and now is deciding to not play Pro Football. Murray's agent had this statement:

"Kyler has agreed and the A's agreed to a baseball contract that gave him permission to play college football through the end of the collegiate season," Boras said this week over the phone. "After that, he is under contract to play baseball. That is not a determination to make. It's already done."

tbf this was reported weeks ago (the baseball not the tweets) which is a shame because he'd probably be a late 1st rounder in this upcoming draft at worst given the dearth in qb quality in the class...

and being a heisman qb he'd get a lot of sponsorship stuff financially straight away

JO_75

Hall of Famer
tbf this was reported weeks ago (the baseball not the tweets) which is a shame because he'd probably be a late 1st rounder in this upcoming draft at worst given the dearth in qb quality in the class...

and being a heisman qb he'd get a lot of sponsorship stuff financially straight away

Yeah I know, but it's now official so to speak.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Kyler Murray won the Heisman last night, has had to apologize for tweets he made when he was 14/15 years old and now is deciding to not play Pro Football. Murray's agent had this statement:

"Kyler has agreed and the A's agreed to a baseball contract that gave him permission to play college football through the end of the collegiate season," Boras said this week over the phone. "After that, he is under contract to play baseball. That is not a determination to make. It's already done."
It's been known for quite some time that he's not going to play on Sundays.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watched some of the NDST vs SDST game last night plus the Div !!! championship but Easton Stick the QB really stood out to me. Really good spiral and touch on his throws and kinda reminded me of Tebow on his runs. Could be a good backup to Lamar if we want to maintain the style of football we're playing. He's not near as good with the hiding of the football in his fakes tho lol.

A few bowl games on today. Smaller colleges mainly tho. Does anybody know a site that tells you who is draft eligible/who to watch in these games??

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Justin Fields is now listed in the ncaa transfer portal. If I was him I'd go to OU.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Army playing Ravens ball - up 14-0 vs Houston after 1st quarter.
Had 8 min drive ended with rush TD. Passing 1/1 for 9 yards!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Still unclear to what extent but 2 LSU players have been involved in fatal shooting in Baton Rouge earlier today.

They were in front seats of a car in which the person at the back seat (confirmed not an LSU athlete) was fatally shot. One of them, according to anonymous source, is a RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire. They called the police and waited at the scene, now held in custody for questioning.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_3b213d20-061e-11e9-a56d-5f3140265c1e.html

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
DT Dexter Lawrence and two other Clemson players failed drug tests earlier this month for banned substance (ostarine - muscle growth product):

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...emson-tigers-dt-dexter-lawrence-positive-test

They say their status is unclear for playoff game vs Notre Dame???? What the fuck is unclear about that??
Another example of the NCAA prioritizing money, ratings, and winning over integrity. Let this be some team ranked in the 20s or unranked and there wouldn't be any unclear statuses.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I tell you that Aub/Purdue game is butt ugly. I wanted to check out Derrick Brown.

Also it sucks that some WVa players are sitting out. I'm really hating that trend!!

The Iowa St should be interesting. A guy to watch out for is Hakim Butler (WR) besides everybodys favorite in Montgomery.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Well I tell you that Aub/Purdue game is butt ugly. I wanted to check out Derrick Brown.

Also it sucks that some WVa players are sitting out. I'm really hating that trend!!

The Iowa St should be interesting. A guy to watch out for is Hakim Butler (WR) besides everybodys favorite in Montgomery.
Great matchup, huh? WTH?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Nothing else left but watch Isaiah Buggs again tomorrow.
Brown will probably go too early.