• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 College Football Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well I tell you that Aub/Purdue game is butt ugly. I wanted to check out Derrick Brown.

Also it sucks that some WVa players are sitting out. I'm really hating that trend!!

The Iowa St should be interesting. A guy to watch out for is Hakim Butler (WR) besides everybodys favorite in Montgomery.

I mean it sucks during bowl season that lots of the guys we want to watch aren’t playing but I don’t begrudge these guys prioritising their future career when they aren’t getting any financial or career gain from playing in those bowl games - especially given some of these bowl games are ultimately meaningless

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean it sucks during bowl season that lots of the guys we want to watch aren’t playing but I don’t begrudge these guys prioritising their future career when they aren’t getting any financial or career gain from playing in those bowl games - especially given some of these bowl games are ultimately meaningless

Yeah don't nessassarily disagree but right now I'm watching the WVa QB laying down a shitstorm here and the HC is trying to pull the rest of his hair out. Its actually kinda funny but sad at the same time. I feel for the rest of the team.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tonight's game is also important for Kyler Murray's (lately also going by calamari) career. If he plays a decent game he'll probably declare for the draft. But Saban had almost a month to prepare his defense which makes me think OU won't stand a chance

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tonight's game is also important for Kyler Murray's (lately also going by calamari) career. If he plays a decent game he'll probably declare for the draft. But Saban had almost a month to prepare his defense which makes me think OU won't stand a chance

Murrays career might be in baseball. He got selected by the A's in the 1st rd and signed a deal with them.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gardner-Johnson - declared for the draft and then went and performed like that in a bowl game (the first pick was an awesome defensive play with the bait of the qb and then the range to close and make the pick)
That was a beautiful play by Gardner-Johnson. Donnie Brown also called an awful game, Florida checked into a run everytime they saw a 5 man box and the wolverines couldn't stop it at all.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Gardner-Johnson - declared for the draft and then went and performed like that in a bowl game (the first pick was an awesome defensive play with the bait of the qb and then the range to close and make the pick)
He looked good today, I was always iffy on him as a prospect but he made a statement today.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This year it was SEC championship game
So this year will have max 2 good games lol, because bama OU won’t be good, and there’s a real good chance bama Clemson won’t be good, Trevor Lawrence is no Deshaun Watson and Clemson doesn’t have a mike Williams to dominate a bama defense.

Honestly everything needs to change about college seeding. I get that Georgia lost and Oklahoma won, but Georgia played bama to the wire and Oklahoma beat Texas, big difference there, there’s no question who the better team between Georgia and Oklahoma is, and it wasn’t a playoff elimination game. Georgia was easily a top 3 team in the nation but just so happened to be in Alabama’s conference. It’s bullshit. Georgia would likely roll every team in these playoffs other than bama who they’ve still proven they can hang with.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So this year will have max 2 good games lol, because bama OU won’t be good, and there’s a real good chance bama Clemson won’t be good, Trevor Lawrence is no Deshaun Watson and Clemson doesn’t have a mike Williams to dominate a bama defense.

Honestly everything needs to change about college seeding. I get that Georgia lost and Oklahoma won, but Georgia played bama to the wire and Oklahoma beat Texas, big difference there, there’s no question who the better team between Georgia and Oklahoma is, and it wasn’t a playoff elimination game. Georgia was easily a top 3 team in the nation but just so happened to be in Alabama’s conference. It’s bullshit. Georgia would likely roll every team in these playoffs other than bama who they’ve still proven they can hang with.

Clemson wont get this lucky either

If they want more nfl prospects to play and they want more bowl games to be meaningful then they expand the college playoffs to 6/8 teams and 3 rounds - that way you get 5 or 7 meaningful games at the end of the year that players will want to play in

Georgia were one insane comeback away from beating Bama - there's absolutely no way they shouldn't have got another crack at them in the semi-final as #4