• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Face the music: This whole damn team is mediocre and has been for years now!

It doesn't matter what they do to so-call "improve" the roster. From year to year, from draft to draft, from Mini camp to mini camp, from Training camp to training camp, from OTA's to OTA'S from the Preseason to preseason, from trades to trades, from cuts to cuts, from releases to releases, from waivers to waivers and from signings to signings, this team is STILL mediocre and to even say that is a stretch!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

It doesn't matter what they do to so-call "improve" the roster. From year to year, from draft to draft, from Mini camp to mini camp, from Training camp to training camp, from OTA's to OTA'S from the Preseason to preseason, from trades to trades, from cuts to cuts, from releases to releases, from waivers to waivers and from signings to signings, this team is STILL mediocre and to even say that is a stretch!

Saying its a stretch is a stretch.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well I just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading this shit

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Fuck it. I'd trade a draft pick for Ali Marpet, he's a FA next year, and the buccs likely cannot afford to keep him. They'll have to pick between him and Kwon Alexander, and we're going to have more room. They took Jensen from us, we take Marpet from them. Put him at C. Then bench bad Hurst, and start Brown and the line will be fine this season and moving forward.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
The entire line, including yanda was wrecked by The bengals front. He(Yanda) looks atrocious on this drive: (In fairness, it is the only drive I've really watched closely to this point).

The entire line, including yanda was wrecked by The bengals front. He(Yanda) looks atrocious on this drive: (In fairness, it is the only drive I've really watched closely to this point).

The trenches on both sides of the ball was so bad in this game. Pierce looked like the only competent player in the trenches. Idk how the bengals found a run game with Hopkins, Redmond, and Bobby Hart as starters. These guys were just awful last week against the Colts and even last season.
Watch Brandon Williams 2nd quarter 5:57. Dalton got the ball out quick but Williams just got destroyed lmao.

Fuck it. I'd trade a draft pick for Ali Marpet, he's a FA next year, and the buccs likely cannot afford to keep him. They'll have to pick between him and Kwon Alexander, and we're going to have more room. They took Jensen from us, we take Marpet from them. Put him at C. Then bench bad Hurst, and start Brown and the line will be fine this season and moving forward.
Think we’re going to have to spend draft picks in next years draft to fix oline woes. Not impressed with any free agent o linemen next season

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Think we’re going to have to spend draft picks in next years draft to fix oline woes. Not impressed with any free agent o linemen next season
Were gonna need to pick an OL in day 1 or 2 for the next 3 fucking years to fix this, by the time a few draft picks can start to pan out, Yanda will be gone and Stanley will be in a contract year, so then we’ll need to re up some more.

All the while our wr corps is a rental squad and that will need addressing, also jimmy and weddles future departures will mean big secondary needs, and then the defensive front needs to pan out and replace Suggs and we gotta get some real quality DTs.

Holy shit

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Were gonna need to pick an OL in day 1 or 2 for the next 3 fucking years to fix this, by the time a few draft picks can start to pan out, Yanda will be gone and Stanley will be in a contract year, so then we’ll need to re up some more.

All the while our wr corps is a rental squad and that will need addressing, also jimmy and weddles future departures will mean big secondary needs, and then the defensive front needs to pan out and replace Suggs and we gotta get some real quality DTs.

Holy shit
Things look this way for every NFL team a few years from now. Especially with the new CBA coming up. There's a reason we invested heavily in young talent on the edge and at CB(Though safety could be a concern). You're just getting caught up in the post-loss overreaction phase where people are going to claim that our season is over even though it's only week 2.....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Things look this way for every NFL team a few years from now. Especially with the new CBA coming up. There's a reason we invested heavily in young talent on the edge and at CB(Though safety could be a concern). You're just getting caught up in the post-loss overreaction phase where people are going to claim that our season is over even though it's only week 2.....
I’m aware. A loss like this with a 10 day absence has a grieving process involved.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fuck it. I'd trade a draft pick for Ali Marpet, he's a FA next year, and the buccs likely cannot afford to keep him. They'll have to pick between him and Kwon Alexander, and we're going to have more room. They took Jensen from us, we take Marpet from them. Put him at C. Then cut bad Hurst, and start Brown and the line will be fine this season and moving forward.
Matt Paradis and Ali Marpet are both FA's next season. Marpet is younger so he's my 1a option. Hurst only sticks around because of his work ethic, what more do they need to see to play Brown?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
two priotrities next year are simply

MArquee Defensive player in FA.
Build offensive line. If nothing else, make this the absolute strength of the team. Totally revamp it. Consider ronnie stanley expendable after next year too.

Everything else is just gravy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ALI Marpet would be a great get, but I have my doubts on whether we can sign him in fa or a trade. Yes we will have money next season, but other teams will have more and many will want to land Marpet. Also, I believe the Bucs will find a way to keep him as well. Although I didn’t check out spotrac, they probably could rework some contracts and keep him.
In regards to trading for him, we don’t have a 2nd round pick, so doubt this gets done.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
ALI Marpet would be a great get, but I have my doubts on whether we can sign him in fa or a trade. Yes we will have money next season, but other teams will have more and many will want to land Marpet. Also, I believe the Bucs will find a way to keep him as well. Although I didn’t check out spotrac, they probably could rework some contracts and keep him.
In regards to trading for him, we don’t have a 2nd round pick, so doubt this gets done.

I'd trade a 3rd and 5th with an agreed extension obviously in place.
Stanley, Lewis/Hurst, Marpet, Yanda, Brown Jr

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd trade a 3rd and 5th with an agreed extension obviously in place.
Stanley, Lewis/Hurst, Marpet, Yanda, Brown Jr
ALI Marpet is worth more than a 3rd and a 5th. If they took that it would be a steal. I don’t think TB will let Marpet go, they will rework contracts enough to fit him under the cap.