• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

I'd hope so, that's pretty much why I was asking.. cause of the Donnell signing and because of Hurst

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Possibly. I still think we sign him even though we brought in Donnell. Ozzie has to know that starting Hurst is never a good idea under any circumstances right?
Okay to be fair, if he didn't even bother looking at Howard that makes me feel a bit confident. I know I will get a ton of hate for this, but I think we could do worse then Hurst. At the end of the season, he really wasn't that bad. You have to feel for the guy, he was an underrated rookie who was forced into playing left tackle in the playoffs. He was suppose to develop and learn for a few years but injuries forced this guy all over the place, especially at the hardest position for a lineman. I think he is a average player at right tackle, and it fits him best. If you watch the Christmas game, he did pretty decent at right tackle. I know it didn't count cuz our defense, but on Kyle J.'s td run, he opened up that entire hole to run. I think we give this guy a chance through the preseason and then if it doesn't work out, get someone else. I know he isn't your favorite, but he allowed 0 sacks at right tackle last season, allowed half the pressures of Wagner, and he did gain a lot of weight. We should be more concerned about the monster living in our turf hurting our players.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So, Urschel retires, Siragusa can't put any weight on his leg so he's likely out for the season, we have no depth anymore, Elumenor is rawer than ahi tuna....

Yup. We're fucked. So fucked.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I feel as good as I'm going to about all the starters, but depth is a huge problem with Siragusa looking like he is out for a while. Pretty much every team is going to have issues with at least one lineman going down, and the current depth guys (Skura, Eluemunor, Wesley/Nembot) are entirely unknowns. Ideally I wouldn't want to see any of them on the field in the regular season. There might not be a Ducasse on the wire this year to bail them out.

Lets just put cardboard cutouts out there

Also Goose wasnt going to start this year barring catastrophic injury, Mike Preston said he looked slow footed which is what you would expect from a mid round rookie... not that it matters anymore.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Lord have mercy! We better do everything we can to make a trade or sign a veteran o-lineman like Mangold, Howard, or Clady if any are healthy enough. I understand the latter two both had rotator cuff surgery, so they may not be healthy enough to start the season, but we need to be doing some serious inquiring.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lord have mercy! We better do everything we can to make a trade or sign a veteran o-lineman like Mangold, Howard, or Clady if any are healthy enough. I understand the latter two both had rotator cuff surgery, so they may not be healthy enough to start the season, but we need to be doing some serious inquiring.
Clady retired today

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Siragusa totally blew out his knee, ACL, MCL and PCL all torn. Oh happy day.