• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I think if Ryan Clady's rotator cuff is finally healed after his surgery last November he could be a decent RT. Not sure if he is too expensive for our cap space to work out.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I;d trade a first round pick for Lane Johnson. There I said it.
They'd probably ask for more than a 1st. He's coming off of a terrific season, is 27, and his dead cap almost equals his cap hit this season. It'll be at $6 million next season, and he's likely to switch to LT once Jason Peters is gone. There's not much incentive for them to ship him off.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The roid monkey can play...also, if we can get another roid monkey, evan mathis out of retirement i'll feel better to. No one is going to boss around a team with Mathis Yanda and Johnson in it.
He can't play if he's suspended for the year.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm at the beach right now and heard some raiders fans bitching about a tackle released. I knew it wasn't Gabe so I ran out to my phone to check it out. He's a huge right tackle for those who don't know AN was cut due to injuries. 6'7, and from what I know a very good player. All raiders fans seem upset.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Update: just saw this has been out for a few hours, but this is litteraly the most Ozzie thing I can think of.Hoping ko doesn't give us a bad rep if they are friends. This guy must just save Flacco's back.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone know anything about this guy? From what I've heard he's solid but is he a run block / pass guy or what's the breakdown (Howard)

The Raven

Veteran
Anyone know anything about this guy? From what I've heard he's solid but is he a run block / pass guy or what's the breakdown (Howard)
I went back to read college scouting reports, and they tend to give me the impression that he was a mobile and athletic but relatively weak tackle, best suited to the zone game.

However, from what I've seen and heard from Howard the pro, it is the absolute reverse: he's a strong-as-an-ox road grader with mobility issues. At one point, I believe, he was moved inside to guard because his pass blocking was an issue. He went back to RT after that, but my sense is that he's a run blocking RT that may need help in pass pro. He was well-liked by fans but injuries derailed his career in Oakland. Still, he managed to play through a labrum injury. Tough guy, and I really can't understate how big he is. 6'6, 330. That's the mold of what Ozzie wants right now, I think.

Also, to put it into perspective, Oakland gave him a 5 year $30 million deal. That was near the top RT money at the time, if I remember right.

@BloodRaven, does that sound right to you?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I went back to read college scouting reports, and they tend to give me the impression that he was a mobile and athletic but relatively weak tackle, best suited to the zone game.

However, from what I've seen and heard from Howard the pro, it is the absolute reverse: he's a strong-as-an-ox road grader with mobility issues. At one point, I believe, he was moved inside to guard because his pass blocking was an issue. He went back to RT after that, but my sense is that he's a run blocking RT that may need help in pass pro. He was well-liked by fans but injuries derailed his career in Oakland. Still, he managed to play through a labrum injury. Tough guy, and I really can't understate how big he is. 6'6, 330. That's the mold of what Ozzie wants right now, I think.

Also, to put it into perspective, Oakland gave him a 5 year $30 million deal. That was near the top RT money at the time, if I remember right.

@BloodRaven, does that sound right to you?
It is correct that 3 yrs ago he signed a 5yr 30m dollar contract

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Per Mike Preston. It looks as though we are taking a look at Austin Howard
https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2...more-ravens-taking-a-look-at-ot-austin-howard
87FO2U.gif

At least it's not Jason La Canfora reporting.