• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
KO was right. this FO doesn't value the O-line. We did not need a 1 dimensional run stuffer for that amount of money. We could have resigned Wagner, got Zeitler and even dontari POE!

but no..the great brandon williams ( note..he aint) is worth more than those 3.

fuck off ozzie.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
oh and signing 30 year old releases who were never even that great in their prime isn't gonig to solve anything.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We could use the talent, but do we really want another roid monkey on the team? Third strike is probably an indefinite suspension

The roid monkey can play...also, if we can get another roid monkey, evan mathis out of retirement i'll feel better to. No one is going to boss around a team with Mathis Yanda and Johnson in it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We could use the talent, but do we really want another roid monkey on the team? Third strike is probably an indefinite suspension
Yeah no thanks to Lane.
Howard should be the way to go. He won't meet Sami's standards as he's not a bonafide all pro, but he was an above average player for the majority of his career at RT. It'd give us three olinemen I'm confident with going into next season and I'd feel a lot better. I do think Lewis at guard is still a mistake and that Goose should be there(then I'd say we should be fine).

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The roid monkey can play...also, if we can get another roid monkey, evan mathis out of retirement i'll feel better to. No one is going to boss around a team with Mathis Yanda and Johnson in it.
Until both get suspended and then we are back to square one. See the problem?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Until both get suspended and then we are back to square one. See the problem?

Mathis has survived. Johnson will be fine. This team just needs to fix its O line. If the O line can add 2 really good players it will change the season ...unless the team continues to get a season ending injury every day.

The Raven

Veteran
Yeah no thanks to Lane.
Howard should be the way to go. He won't meet Sami's standards as he's not a bonafide all pro, but he was an above average player for the majority of his career at RT. It'd give us three olinemen I'm confident with going into next season and I'd feel a lot better. I do think Lewis at guard is still a mistake and that Goose should be there(then I'd say we should be fine).
My concern about Howard is that he's not all that reliable in pass protection and that he's not all that mobile. But dammit he can move people.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
oh and signing 30 year old releases who were never even that great in their prime isn't gonig to solve anything.

Before Howard went down on December 19th of 2015 he was rated as the 9th best right tackle by pro football focus. He was 28 that year and his 2015 season may have been his best but from what I read he was a solid right tackle for the Jets in 2012-13. I don't think The Ravens need a elite right tackle but atleast a solid one. If Howard is fully healthy then he could be the solid right tackle The Ravens are looking for.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Before Howard went down on December 19th of 2015 he was rated as the 9th best right tackle by pro football focus. He was 28 that year and his 2015 season may have been his best but from what I read he was a solid right tackle for the Jets in 2012-13. I don't think The Ravens need a elite right tackle but atleast a solid one. If Howard is fully healthy then he could be the solid right tackle The Ravens are looking for.

clearly, oakland dont think he's good enough anymore.