• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offensive Line Thread

Filmstudy had some interesting takes on Skura too, I had him or Broxton giving up multiple pressures but we were getting the ball out early so nobody else seemed to notice. Apparently it was Skura getting blown up because of his poor anchor, something weve seen plenty of since Birk retired.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Filmstudy had some interesting takes on Skura too, I had him or Broxton giving up multiple pressures but we were getting the ball out early so nobody else seemed to notice. Apparently it was Skura getting blown up because of his poor anchor, something weve seen plenty of since Birk retired.
and when we said we were going to a power-based scheme i did worry a little about skura just being too light and not big enough to anchor against defensive tackles - we'll see how he turns out but i think he's most definitely a backup piece

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought that Eluemunor had one of the more up-and-down performances between snaps among any of our players against Washington. There were several definitively positive blocks on display, and his performance was marginally more leveled out in the 3rd, but there were still significant lapses in his play throughout game. He was absolutely dusted by Nico Marley in the 3rd quarter for a sack (Link). He was largely responsible for the botched snap on the draw, his last play of the game (Link). He turned towards Josh Woodrum with seconds left on the play clock (The previous play having ended around 2:38), for which Woodrum repeatedly instructed him to face towards the play, the snap came, and Woodrum wasn't able to locate the ball in time. The latter is partly on Woodrum, but you have to assume that if Eluemunor didn't ask for assistance at the most inopportune of times, that the snap would've likely went off without a hitch. Granted that Eluemunor was able to occupy two defenders with the draw going to the opposite side, which is a plus, but he finished the play as a bystander as Taquan Mizzell reversed the field. As for the rest of the game, Jonathan Allen blew by him with ease in the 2nd (Link1, Link2). Technically he also notched a sack, but it was more of a pressure against Eluemunor that forced Mallet to step up, which allowed Allen to disengage and clean up underneath (Link). Although obviously the sizable asterisks is that it was Allen, a 1st rounder facing a 5th round, so it's almost to be expected. But it was disappointing to see the same issues lead to negative results, as he would attempt to lean into defenders at the point of contact, and fail to properly raise or extend his arms, which exposed him to either being swam over or having his hands chopped down. Now it wasn't all woeful as he did have several snaps where he looked like he could very well belong. However, there were also times when he outright looked lost and was simply looking for a defender to get his hands on. Overall, it wasn't the type of performance you'd hope for, even for a player at his stage of development who likely won't be forced into a starting role. That was my opinion.

yup. He doesn't have much in the way of awareness and his strength is overrated. He doesn't seem to have football IQ and his technique is an abomination. He made james hurst look like a pro bowler in contrast.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've said this before I'll say it again. Unless the FO gets us a quality LG this line will struggle. They need to stop being cute and thinking these reserves are going to play good-great. they'll be average to below average to bad.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You cant have quality at every position on the OLine especially when its been ravaged by injuries. If there is some mythical great LG waiting in the wings in the Ravens price range who can be easily acquired I am all ears as to who this person is.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
and of course we are now close to signing zuttah who is absolute shit . San Fran didn't even want him and they are hardly steller.
This FO SUCKS

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
They didnt want him as a starter. We want to use him as depth which considering the fact that the Ravens are down 3 of there interior OLine players they badly need it.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
he better just be ''depth''. The 49'rs dont even have a good line and got rid of him, which says a lot

The Raven

Veteran
We're close to a deal with Zuttah, per Preston. Mixed feelings but he has more starts than Jensen and Skura and Eluemunor combined so im not super mad

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We're close to a deal with Zuttah, per Preston. Mixed feelings but he has more starts than Jensen and Skura and Eluemunor combined so im not super mad

If he's starting, expect the pocket to collapse as usual. Maybe even worse as he's gotten worse.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'd imagine that it's as a reserve. I doubt he's a starter at this point. Jensen looked good. Signing him as depth makes a ton of depth. I hope we have something else in the horizons.

Let us remind you that the niners, aka the NFC's version of the Cleveland Browns essentially decided to swap sixth rounders with us for no reason basically.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd imagine that it's as a reserve. I doubt he's a starter at this point. Jensen looked good. Signing him as depth makes a ton of depth. I hope we have something else in the horizons.

Let us remind you that the niners, aka the NFC's version of the Cleveland Browns essentially decided to swap sixth rounders with us for no reason basically.

probably thought zuttah was okay enough, saw him in camp and where like, yeah we'll pass on this shit.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Basically the question is "Is he more NFL capable then Elum at the moment?" If so you sign him and probably 1 more piece so that you have actual depth.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Basically the question is "Is he more NFL capable then Elum at the moment?" If so you sign him and probably 1 more piece so that you have actual depth.
God I hope this isn't our only move. We need to go get a decent starter at LG or even at C. I wouldn't object to Austin Pasztor at this point either and putting Howard at LG.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
sigh, this is going to be a shitty season. Picking up scrap for an O line

yeah that always works out.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm fine with signing zuttah for depth if it's one of those year to year team option contract like Carr and Austin Howard's. I would hate to be stuck with him after this year

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You cant have quality at every position on the OLine especially when its been ravaged by injuries. If there is some mythical great LG waiting in the wings in the Ravens price range who can be easily acquired I am all ears as to who this person is.

quite frankly, if the FO could convince evan mathis to come out of retirement and if hes in shape I'd do it. He simply dominates .

jboy19

Pro Bowler
quite frankly, if the FO could convince evan mathis to come out of retirement and if hes in shape I'd do it. He simply dominates .

I'd be really surprised if they haven't already tried that. I remember they tried to sign him after Grubbs left.