• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The 4th Quarter and Everyone's Blood Pressure

Nickravens85220

Practice Squad
Harbs top 3 HC ability shined through in this game to get that win
Harbs is not the problem it is greg roman, he was very helpful in lamars first 3 years as the qb but now that lamar has evolved past greg romans offense it is time for a fresh look on our offense. I think Tee Martin should be the new OC and continue his work he has put in with LJ

rossihunter2

Staff Member
For defensive snaps, I really like the distribution a lot more now. It's clear once you get a bit healthier, you can get fresher guys out there.

Campbell and JPP still probably playing a little more in terms of snap counts than I'd like (both were in the 60-70% range), but like Oweh was down closer to 55%, and they eased Houston back in with only 16 snaps. Pass rush unit clearly is fresher with a rotation, and that'll only help later in the year.
Once you get Bowser back, he can play a lot more pass-coverage snaps, and JPP will probably not play as much. If you can get a rotation where a lot of these guys are playing 50-60% range, they'll be a lot fresher later in the game and later in the season. Was pretty clear that benefited Houston a ton on Sunday.

Also, on the negative side, gotta say I'm quite a bit disappointed that we're not getting more out of Stephens. He played only 3 defensive snaps all game yesterday. He's clearly behind Pepe as the #3 Corner, and its also clear he's not in the Safety mix either, since Hamilton played a lot more than him and Stone was an every-down player.

benefitted houston for sure
and notable that i think that was probably oweh's best game of the year in terms of pure pass rush all season

im stunned by what's happened with stephens and i dont understand it, i thought he played well early in the year as CB3 and i thought last year he looked really promising in that safety role - how is he not getting on the field? it has to be injury related surely... he missed today's walkthrough with an oblique injury and im wondering if that's why maybe???

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
benefitted houston for sure
and notable that i think that was probably oweh's best game of the year in terms of pure pass rush all season

im stunned by what's happened with stephens and i dont understand it, i thought he played well early in the year as CB3 and i thought last year he looked really promising in that safety role - how is he not getting on the field? it has to be injury related surely... he missed today's walkthrough with an oblique injury and im wondering if that's why maybe???
I mean I saw a tweet either this past week or the week before where I believe Harbaugh said it was an "open competition" for the #3 CB spot, so maybe it is injury related, but at the very least, that indicates the team wasn't happy with his performance and he hadn't earned that role.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One thing I didn't anticipate when we drafted Bateman is that we'd get another guy that would just go down instead of trying to fight through tackles. He wasn't the most physically dominant WR I've ever seen but he should be fighting for extra yards a lot more than he has been.

i wonder if his ease of going down on sunday was related to just being barely able to go at all
he's maybe not the most physical YAC runner but he is notable for being a YAC threat and we've seen him create with the ball in his hands

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon has basically been a lock down Corner all year. Part of it is the coverages, but teams aren't even really throwing at him anymore. You go entire games without seeing him basically do anything, which is precisely what you want from a Corner.

Peters has been hit or miss. My concern with Peters (though its still early) is part of his "schtick" has always been that he'll take chances and get beat sometimes, but he offsets that with forced turnovers and big plays. We're not getting much of the latter to this point. But again, its early.
Yeah, Marlon has been great. Peters has been eh. You're right though in that he [Peters] has gambled and won those gambles but he hasn't been winning his gambles lately and it's been a bit of an issue. Not sure why, hopefully he corrects it. Maybe getting back Williams will help him. I feel like he was better when he first came back than now but that could also be just recency bias.
Somehow Stone had the top pff grade this week. He had 2 bad plays but maybe a whole bunch of excellent plays otherwise??

I'm very surprised Humphrey didn't score higher. He has been great. Him and Stanley really both having a good year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Marlon has been great. Peters has been eh. You're right though in that he [Peters] has gambled and won those gambles but he hasn't been winning his gambles lately and it's been a bit of an issue. Not sure why, hopefully he corrects it. Maybe getting back Williams will help him. I feel like he was better when he first came back than now but that could also be just recency bias.

I'm very surprised Humphrey didn't score higher. He has been great. Him and Stanley really both having a good year.
I think Peters is not yet at his best after the ACL. He'll get there.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
We’re experiencing the same issue as last year where we are dropping back 3 vs 7 coverage. Its going to significantly hinder our passing game. Heavy run game was the right approach and will be the approach going forward. Browns defense was lights out last game, we’re going to have to eventually destroy teams with the run game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Another play that was nearly a housecall

was a frustrating game for small things taking huge amounts of points off the board - we were like 2 blocks and 1 tipped pass from putting up well over 30 points without even playing that dominantly

The PR almost was a housecall as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Another play that was nearly a housecall

was a frustrating game for small things taking huge amounts of points off the board - we were like 2 blocks and 1 tipped pass from putting up well over 30 points without even playing that dominantly

Oh my godddd this play is really pissing me off right now lol. That would’ve been such an awesome highlight run

D1City55

Pro Bowler
1666745355696.png

Ugh, this is one of the balls at got tipped at LOS. Lamar saw him too...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 4113
Ugh, this is one of the balls at got tipped at LOS. Lamar saw him too...

i remember watching this live and assumed it was gonna be a big play because as soon as the play ended lamar was making frustrated motions and clearly really thought it was a missed opportunity - we can see why here lol

add that to the list of plays that fall on small changes of execution that could have made the game look very different score wise