• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The second half, the first half, and more injuries

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hard fought team win on the road after a short week. There's a lot to unpack here, but ultimately we got the dub. Hopefully our guys aren't hurt too badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Look at Linderbaum just absolutely controlling White lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Okay so I was at the game as well as I went with a friend who's a diehard Bucs fan. There was no way that I WASN'T gonna sit in the visitors section. I was not disappointed. Ravens Flock showed THE FUCK OUT in the visitors section. It was a beautiful thing to see. I'll talk more about that after the game.

Alrighty......first half. Um, I basically had the Stephen A Smith face look of depression with what I envisioned the game day thread was faded in the background. THIRTY PASS ATTEMPTS IN THE FIRST HALF?!?! Madness. I legit was losing interest in this season with this kinda nonsense. Each pass attempt had me saying, "And we're still passing." Also, fuck you MARVIN for dropping that gimme INT. As predicted, Bucs would score because we ALWAYS give up a score after dropping an INT. Tonight was no different. Defense tightened up afterwards and lo and behold, we brought some pressure.

Second half. LMAO coaching staff realized a running game exists. Nice to see a change in playcall and OMG, we used Duvernay more than once. GASPS! Lamar started to settle in and start throwing dots all across. But it isn't a Ravens game without injuries. Injury to Andrews, Bateman, and Gus. Bro seriously, the football gods either enjoying torture us or they flat out hate us. When the game was 27-16, I told my friend we're giving up a TD. Guaranteed. The silver lining was that the Bucs eventually ran out of timeouts. Of course they give up a TD because why not. I told my friend it's either we recover the onside kick or we lose. Point blank stupid. When I tell you how fucking STRESSED out I was prior to the onside kick, I mean that shit. Once we recovered, I blew a HUGE sigh of relief.

By the time, the game was getting closer to being over, Ravens Flock was making noise, not that it mattered because our defense couldn't do shit with it. I was among the Ravens fans that were constantly cheering after the game near where the TNF crew was. All the Seven Nation Army chants, MVP chants, "we want Lamar" chants made it all worthwhile.

Luckily the injuries aren't too serious as we have a mini-bye coming up.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Roman still here ?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay so I was at the game as well as I went with a friend who's a diehard Bucs fan. There was no way that I WASN'T gonna sit in the visitors section. I was not disappointed. Ravens Flock showed THE FUCK OUT in the visitors section. It was a beautiful thing to see. I'll talk more about that after the game.

Alrighty......first half. Um, I basically had the Stephen A Smith face look of depression with what I envisioned the game day thread was faded in the background. THIRTY PASS ATTEMPTS IN THE FIRST HALF?!?! Madness. I legit was losing interest in this season with this kinda nonsense. Each pass attempt had me saying, "And we're still passing." Also, fuck you MARVIN for dropping that gimme INT. As predicted, Bucs would score because we ALWAYS give up a score after dropping an INT. Tonight was no different. Defense tightened up afterwards and lo and behold, we brought some pressure.

Second half. LMAO coaching staff realized a running game exists. Nice to see a change in playcall and OMG, we used Duvernay more than once. GASPS! Lamar started to settle in and start throwing dots all across. But it isn't a Ravens game without injuries. Injury to Andrews, Bateman, and Gus. Bro seriously, the football gods either enjoying torture us or they flat out hate us. When the game was 27-16, I told my friend we're giving up a TD. Guaranteed. The silver lining was that the Bucs eventually ran out of timeouts. Of course they give up a TD because why not. I told my friend it's either we recover the onside kick or we lose. Point blank stupid. When I tell you how fucking STRESSED out I was prior to the onside kick, I mean that shit. Once we recovered, I blew a HUGE sigh of relief.

By the time, the game was getting closer to being over, Ravens Flock was making noise, not that it mattered because our defense couldn't do shit with it. I was among the Ravens fans that were constantly cheering after the game near where the TNF crew was. All the Seven Nation Army chants, MVP chants, "we want Lamar" chants made it all worthwhile.

Luckily the injuries aren't too serious as we have a mini-bye coming up.
Tampa fans were super chill near me last night. That Carolina loss took the wind out of their sails, poor guys around me were absolutely expecting a loss lol

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Glad we have won back to back games without completely melting down in the fourth quarter. It is just frustrating that these games do not have to be as close as they are. We are leaving too many opportunities on the field. We are missing too many INT opportunities, stalling in red zone, not converting on fourth downs, and drive killing penalties. It still feels we have a lot to clean up. It would be nice if we could have a some wins where we just kick a little ass every now and then.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
- Another rough start to the game for the defense, but they quickly made adjustments and played a solid game after that. From the eye test, it seems like the defense has been communicating a lot better out there in recent weeks and are starting to come together. I am very intrigued to see this defense when we finally get Bowser back and add Ojabo into the pass-rushing mix. Secondary is still giving up too many big plays and every one of them is dropping easy picks, but I am hopeful that they'll figure it out as the season progresses.

- Likely finally showed out like he did in the pre-season. We've been desperately searching for help on offense and Likely could be that guy if he's finally turned a corner. Get the ball in Likely's hands and good things tend to happen.

- Lamar needs to play "pissed off" more often. His second half was stellar and I loved seeing the fire from him (was clearly upset when Ricard got that holding penalty on his big run). Also, I hope he starts to realize, if he doesn't already, that he needs to spread the ball around more. Andrews going out seemed to help him as he was no longer focusing on just Andrews and was able to scan the whole field.

Other than that, this team effectively plays one game over the next 3 weeks. Time to get healthy and hopefully get on a roll to start the second half of the season.