• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The second half, the first half, and more injuries

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean we pretty easily could be undefeated too, the mighty Bills didn’t handle us, the unstoppable bengals didn’t either. Miami got lucky , Giants we messed up

We've had double-digit leads against everybody except the Bucs last night, and we won that game, so yeah. We've definitely been competitive.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Glad we have won back to back games without completely melting down in the fourth quarter. It is just frustrating that these games do not have to be as close as they are. We are leaving too many opportunities on the field. We are missing too many INT opportunities, stalling in red zone, not converting on fourth downs, and drive killing penalties. It still feels we have a lot to clean up. It would be nice if we could have a some wins where we just kick a little ass every now and then.
Whenever the Ravens deviate from who they truly are; a running team (based upon their personnel) they struggle. Sure, I know there are times that the game plan may call for the Ravens to "pass" the rock more. I get that, I know football! However, I also know that when you stray away from your true DNA (based on your personnel) it is a recipe for disaster. Once the Ravens went back to doing what the Ravens do-pounding the rock; they kicked ass last night. Lol!

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Whenever the Ravens deviate from who they truly are; a running team (based upon their personnel) they struggle. Sure, I know there are times that the game plan may call for the Ravens to "pass" the rock more. I get that, I know football! However, I also know that when you stray away from your true DNA (based on your personnel) it is a recipe for disaster. Once the Ravens went back to doing what the Ravens do-pounding the rock; they kicked ass last night. Lol!
I can’t tell you how many times I screamed “RUN THE BALL” at the game last night. That first half was tough to watch. I can’t wait to watch the replay at 3pm

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I did not understand what the idea was last night.

If you wanted to pass more I was okay with that, I just did not understand where it was that we wanted to attack.

The short quick stuff worked like a charm in the second half. Not sure why we did not do it in the first. A few of us have been clamoring about getting the ball out quicker and FINALLY they did it. It felt like we worked on some of these plays to get guys open.

We haven't we done this with Bateman more often?

Kudos to Lamar for settling in and getting the ball out even when all his top targets were out. He has always been able to count on Mandrews but to do it without him says alot about Lamar.

Last edited:

marklar

Pro Bowler
Opted for sleep instead of the game, but I just watched it

What the fuck was that first half? "We have no pass catchers, and we have Gus back - let's throw the ball 100% of the time. In addition, let's play our worst pass protector in the backfield on most of those passes. Unstoppable". Glad they woke up in the 2nd half.

If there's any DB on this team that deserves the "trash" label, it has to be Stephens. Yuck.

Nice to see some pass catchers other than Andrews get targeted. Hope that Jackson realizes he can trust someone else from time to time.

Shoutout to Washington with the big fat paws!

Gus is the best RB on this team, even compared to a healthy Dobbins. When he doesn't run over people, he just reads the blocks brilliantly and turns losses into gains so often. I'm running the Gus fanclub from here on out.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I continuously vouched for Lindy leading up to the draft. Got some pushback here, but I'm glad to see him doing amazing through the first half of his rookie season. Wait until he gets more work in the NFL weight room and offseason programs next year.
I was high on him too. I believe Brother @JAAM had him as a #SIIE target. He has consistently been one of the bright spots on offense.

Idk, I thought this was a great win, Lamar adjusted and hopefully developed more trust with Robinson and Likely, also really loved the screen game. Lamar hitting Drake on a quick hitter to score was good to see as well. Hopefully Gus is ok, honestly wouldn’t mind EDC making a move to get another RB for us. Defense buckled down and easily could have had 2 interceptions. It was a solid road win on TNF which is hard to do, hopefully this is the start of a nice win streak.
Really should've been 3. Marvin dropped one. Peters had it, but I think Evans dislodged it at the last second. And I want to say it was either Clark or Hamilton that had it in the end zone too.

We've had double-digit leads against everybody except the Bucs last night, and we won that game, so yeah. We've definitely been competitive.
Oh we had a double-digit lead against TB last night when we were up 27-16.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Proche wasn't some animal last night but in his first actual opportunity, he didn't totally blow it. Which I guess is nice. We're gonna need people to step up with Bateman having nagging injuries and Andrews also in question

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was high on him too. I believe Brother @JAAM had him as a #SIIE target. He has consistently been one of the bright spots on offense.

Really should've been 3. Marvin dropped one. Peters had it, but I think Evans dislodged it at the last second. And I want to say it was either Clark or Hamilton that had it in the end zone too.

Oh we had a double-digit lead against TB last night when we were up 27-16.

I was asleep by the second half. Long day today and I didn't wanna watch the rest of the game with us looking so bad on offense.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We did have a double digit lead against the Bucs and on two occasions. 24-13 and 27-16

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have been starting to increase our zone run game the past two weeks. Usage from the first six weeks was between 2 and 6 and now it's about 10 zone run plays.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
To me this game perfectly described how I view Greg Roman. He comes up with some creative plays and has an insanely creative mind. What makes me mad is his situational play calling.

If Likely is really this good, why haven’t we been sending him on routes more often? Especially when Andrews plays a good chunk from the slot. Why did it take 2 and a half games to get back to scripting plays for Duv? Why do we still run screens for a loss of a play several times a game?

It’s almost like we need Roman to make the plays and formations and have someone else call the plays. It’s just weird how one dimensional we are at a time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Opted for sleep instead of the game, but I just watched it

What the fuck was that first half? "We have no pass catchers, and we have Gus back - let's throw the ball 100% of the time. In addition, let's play our worst pass protector in the backfield on most of those passes. Unstoppable". Glad they woke up in the 2nd half.

If there's any DB on this team that deserves the "trash" label, it has to be Stephens. Yuck.

Nice to see some pass catchers other than Andrews get targeted. Hope that Jackson realizes he can trust someone else from time to time.

Shoutout to Washington with the big fat paws!

Gus is the best RB on this team, even compared to a healthy Dobbins. When he doesn't run over people, he just reads the blocks brilliantly and turns losses into gains so often. I'm running the Gus fanclub from here on out.

Bucs secondary was in shambles - makes a ton of sense to try and attack them early and often