• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The second half, the first half, and more injuries

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Glad we have won back to back games without completely melting down in the fourth quarter. It is just frustrating that these games do not have to be as close as they are. We are leaving too many opportunities on the field. We are missing too many INT opportunities, stalling in red zone, not converting on fourth downs, and drive killing penalties. It still feels we have a lot to clean up. It would be nice if we could have a some wins where we just kick a little ass every now and then.
If we get even 1 of the 3 interceptions we should have easily had, this game is not close. Peters,Humphrey and Clark need to get on the jugs machine.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Look at Linderbaum just absolutely controlling White lol

White was shutdown the whole game. Also a shout out to Zeitler and Moses who were consistently opening up holes. The line in general played well.

Also on a different note how bout all the "secondary targets" stepping up. The Porsche got his most snaps by far and made one hell of a fingertip catch. Nice quick throws to Robinson that reminded me of the old Flacco to Mason hooks. You can't say enough about Likely. In the end Lamar having to rely on the "secondary targets" will be beneficial for the long run imo.

The defense played ok. Some nice sacks but..............miseed interceptions. Then the soft shit called at the end by McDonald freaking was driving me up the wall. Death by a thousand cuts. If we wouldn't have recovered that onside kick.............................:mad:

Simba

Staff Member
An ugly game in the first half that turned to almost complete domination in the 2nd half. Not sure if I fully believe Harbaugh that this was the game plan, but there should be no more "Roman can't adjust at halftime" for a bit. He was masterful in the 2nd half. Kept everything on time and attacked the D where they were weakest.

Shoutout to DRob. I had been shit talking him all week and he stepped up when we needed him.

Likely was a revelation. Not saying he's a WR by any means, but the way he runs and approaches routes and looks for YAC is basically what we want to see out of our WRs, and the fact that we're getting that from a TE is great.

Still a little leaky on D but it's been getting better. They need to be a lot more mindful about their tackling. Wrapping whoever scored that last minute TD up instead of hitting him with a shoulder probably would have kept him from scoring - and it was 2 or 3 guys that all did it.

Linderbaum started off really ugly but damn did he settle in and dominate.

And lastly, glad to hear all of the injuries are more on the minor side. We have a long layoff until MNF in about a week and a half, and then onto the bye. Might be light on soldiers for the Saints but plenty of time to recover hopefully.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think this game really exposed us. I think it showed the following things.

1) If the other team has a very good pass rush, Lamar will often be running for his life.
2) Even against backup level players, we can't successfully pass the ball unless the run game has been established.
3) Lamar doesn't even look for anyone outside of Andrews. It's not surprising the Likely's biggest day comes during an Andrews injury.
4) Our pass rush is still just so spiky and inconsistent. Houston usually pops off 3 great rushes a game. One other player usually contributes one. The sack numbers are not bad, but it's sacks and then long bouts of not getting pressure.
5) Redzone offense is still painful to watch
6) MM has changed up his routine where now we give up points every first 2 drives and then in the 4th quarter again. Both the Cleveland and Tampa games were way too close for absolutely no reason. Both of those teams are trash.
7) Secondary has brick hands, loves to give up DPI, and big plays.
8) Young guys like Stone, Madabuike, Washington, and then adding JPP have been awesome to see play well.

Conclusion: We're not a good team. Any team that can limit our run game will put us in long 3rd down situations where we'll have drive stoppers. Lamar will get frustrated and take sacks and start throwing interceptions because he's staring down a triple covered Andrews. That's how you lose your playoff game this year. We'll go beat a bunch of scrub teams, but we have neither the offense or the defense to beat the elite teams in the league.

Reactions: cdp

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wanted to pull my beard hair off with the play calling in the first half. That and Lamar’s overall play and demeanor.

2nd half just made sense. Quick glance looked like they tried to get some layups for Lamar and run the ball more consistently. All of the sudden he looked like himself, actually throwing darts from the pocket. He wasn’t consistently back peddling.

Shout out to Justice Hill man, we gave him a hard time these last few years but outside of that fumble last week he has played very well and he’s running hard. Drake has been playing well too

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Also shout out to Hamilton to was all over the field yesterday. Saved a huge play in STs. Was in on a half sack I believe. Or would've been had another guy not been there. Made a huge goalie stop on their tight end. Made a big tackle on a big YAC play from the Bucs. Was generally all over the place and making plays.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also shout out to Hamilton to was all over the field yesterday. Saved a huge play in STs. Was in on a half sack I believe. Or would've been had another guy not been there. Made a huge goalie stop on their tight end. Made a big tackle on a big YAC play from the Bucs. Was generally all over the place and making plays.
and that pd was literally textbook against an athletic tight end.

Simba

Staff Member
Resetting him and taking away all of the different things and letting him rebuild confidence in smaller spurts has been a revelation. He's being put in positions to succeed now. All a part of the growth process.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

I was too harsh on him at the start of the season. He's really coming along. Just hated how piss poor he was playing when he was supposedly pro ready, a generational talent, yet he looked like trash.

Shade_Raven

Practice Squad
c7ixh046qjw91.jpg

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Resetting him and taking away all of the different things and letting him rebuild confidence in smaller spurts has been a revelation. He's being put in positions to succeed now. All a part of the growth process.
Absolutely. Hamilton will be great. What a luxury it's been to have Stone come in and play as he has.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I was too harsh on him at the start of the season. He's really coming along. Just hated how piss poor he was playing when he was supposedly pro ready, a generational talent, yet he looked like trash.
He definitely had a slow start. But we're only halfway through season one now and he's coming along. Wait for when he has a whole second offseason. He'll make another huge jump

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Fantasy Doctors thinks Mark Andrews had an ac sprain and it's important to note that he wasn't in a sling when he came back to the sideline.