• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The second half, the first half, and more injuries

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this game really exposed us. I think it showed the following things.

1) If the other team has a very good pass rush, Lamar will often be running for his life.
The offensive line seemed to do a decent job, thought there were a lot of opportunities for Lamar to take off and get an easy 6-7 yards but he stayed in the pocket. The Oline definitely has issues, but Lamar has to take the yards when it’s presented and just be an athlete rather than try to prove something from the pocket.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I went to bed angry at halftime. That was some awful football. I think we are capable of playing one good half. Hopefully that will be enough the rest of the way. I woke up to good news. ^_^

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The offensive line seemed to do a decent job, thought there were a lot of opportunities for Lamar to take off and get an easy 6-7 yards but he stayed in the pocket. The Oline definitely has issues, but Lamar has to take the yards when it’s presented and just be an athlete rather than try to prove something from the pocket.
We've been saying this for awhile. Especially early in games. Lamar it's early, get the yards, establish yourself in the run game, keep the drive moving. The big plays will open up because of that.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Another shout out to Harrison, Kennard, and Klein who although did not play amazing, came in and took care of business in Bynes' absence. That was probably also hard for Queen who played a good game.

The injuries are mounting and again and it's frustrating because I want to see this defense as it was intended. Last night we were missing

Fuller
Pierce
Williams
Campbell
Bynes
Bowser
Ojabo

That's your CB3, NT1, S1, DE1, MLB1, OLB1/2 and your rookie second round pick.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see no reason at all why Likely can't be our next great TE. He even scored a 90 in blocking last night according to PFF

Well we knew he would be something when we first drafted him. He is the second TE drafted.

These are the rules set by our Forefathers of Ravens past.

Ye shall draft a second TE for HE SHALL LEAD YOU

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Looks like the injuries aren’t serious.

Schedule gets a lot easier from here and we have 1 game in a month span. Good news.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks like the injuries aren’t serious.

Schedule gets a lot easier from here and we have 1 game in a month span. Good news.

Huge month coming up with only one game to play basically.

Reinforcements are coming

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I continuously vouched for Lindy leading up to the draft. Got some pushback here, but I'm glad to see him doing amazing through the first half of his rookie season. Wait until he gets more work in the NFL weight room and offseason programs next year.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this game really exposed us. I think it showed the following things.

1) If the other team has a very good pass rush, Lamar will often be running for his life.
2) Even against backup level players, we can't successfully pass the ball unless the run game has been established.
3) Lamar doesn't even look for anyone outside of Andrews. It's not surprising the Likely's biggest day comes during an Andrews injury.
4) Our pass rush is still just so spiky and inconsistent. Houston usually pops off 3 great rushes a game. One other player usually contributes one. The sack numbers are not bad, but it's sacks and then long bouts of not getting pressure.
5) Redzone offense is still painful to watch
6) MM has changed up his routine where now we give up points every first 2 drives and then in the 4th quarter again. Both the Cleveland and Tampa games were way too close for absolutely no reason. Both of those teams are trash.
7) Secondary has brick hands, loves to give up DPI, and big plays.
8) Young guys like Stone, Madabuike, Washington, and then adding JPP have been awesome to see play well.

Conclusion: We're not a good team. Any team that can limit our run game will put us in long 3rd down situations where we'll have drive stoppers. Lamar will get frustrated and take sacks and start throwing interceptions because he's staring down a triple covered Andrews. That's how you lose your playoff game this year. We'll go beat a bunch of scrub teams, but we have neither the offense or the defense to beat the elite teams in the league.
I mean we pretty easily could be undefeated too, the mighty Bills didn’t handle us, the unstoppable bengals didn’t either. Miami got lucky , Giants we messed up

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk, I thought this was a great win, Lamar adjusted and hopefully developed more trust with Robinson and Likely, also really loved the screen game. Lamar hitting Drake on a quick hitter to score was good to see as well. Hopefully Gus is ok, honestly wouldn’t mind EDC making a move to get another RB for us. Defense buckled down and easily could have had 2 interceptions. It was a solid road win on TNF which is hard to do, hopefully this is the start of a nice win streak.