• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Waste of space players and other thoughts.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
What kind of stats are you expecting from a run defending 5tech?
I don't expect crazy numbers from a guy who only plays on early downs and in no pass rush packages. But he was labeled to be much more getting some late 1st round buzz. There was all this talk about having a chip on his shoulder etc. He was considered to be a dominant DT. You can pick up those run stuffing DT much later or even as a UDFA. Going into this season I don't see him making the final roster.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Baltimore Ravens 2015 NFL draft selections

Ozzie'' The batlimore ravens are a better football team''

Harbaugh '' our scouts are amazing, what a draft, god bless america etc''

That was a weak draft for us.

We do have a LOT of guys under 30, but a LOT of later round picks..and...A LOT of early round "misses".

Hey, the good news is I just read an article that states Lamar Jackson will be in the game by week 1! God I can't wait!!!!! Welcome to Baltimore Triple Option, with 95% QB Keep. This is gonna be so enjoyable to see!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That was a weak draft for us.

We do have a LOT of guys under 30, but a LOT of later round picks..and...A LOT of early round "misses".

Hey, the good news is I just read an article that states Lamar Jackson will be in the game by week 1! God I can't wait!!!!! Welcome to Baltimore Triple Option, with 95% QB Keep. This is gonna be so enjoyable to see!
well it's clear you haven't watched Lamar Jackson play at all

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson is the most athletically gifted QB i've ever seen. Having two v good tight ends in andrews and hurst will infuriate opposing D's

the problem is we have john harbaugh as coach who basically is loyal to flacco to a fault.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Flacco is still a qb, if Alex smith can net a first flacco should get a 2nd at worst. But I'm just asking for a 3rd.

And cbs are in such demand in this day and age that even cap figure and injuries can be brushed aside for a cb of jimmys caliber. Fans don't know jimmys name, nfl coaches and players know it very well, as evidenced by offenses avoiding him like the plague

And I ustilize that cap by signing high end players across the board for a well rounded squad. Keep the OL, pass rush, and secondary strong, don't break the bank for a superstar but never have a player on the field who isn't starting caliber

I certainly hope you are correct as I would like to see the Ravens get a second round pick for next year’s draft. Alex Smith has put up superior numbers to Joe’s but I recognize Alex Smith had a much better supporting cast.

I don’t question Jimmy’s ability just his availability.

It will be interesting to see how Eric will handle having money to spend on free agents.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Carl Davis

Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2017
Total tackles:
Sacks: 0.5
Forced fumbles: 0
Pass deflections: 2

since 2015.
seriously, those are the stats you are looking at. In your opinion, what make a good 5T

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Don’t forget about the awful picks of KC and Kaufusi in 2016. KC hurts the most. Could have had Myles Jack instead of trading down. Even after the trade down could have had Deion Jones. That pick was just awful.
I literally almost threw someone at my TV screen. I am sure my neighbors down the street heard me cursing. That pick had me quite upset.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
There are a myriad of scenario that could play out so far as someone giving up a first round pick for him. It will be predicated on solid play this year, of course.

A playoff team that suffers injury at QB, viewing itself as one piece away might part with a pick. Didn't Minnesota trade a one for Sam Bradford?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There are a myriad of scenario that could play out so far as someone giving up a first round pick for him. It will be predicated on solid play this year, of course.

A playoff team that suffers injury at QB, viewing itself as one piece away might part with a pick. Didn't Minnesota trade a one for Sam Bradford?
Skins gave a one for Alex smith.

Flacco was a super bowl MVP who went 11:0 in that run. None of these "all we need is a qb so here's a first round pick" guys have that resume.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Skins gave a one for Alex smith.

Flacco was a super bowl MVP who went 11:0 in that run. None of these "all we need is a qb so here's a first round pick" guys have that resume.

Its a matter of leverage though. If everyone knows they can wait the Ravens out, why offer anything?

RayRayRaven

Veteran
this is the same person who thinks our first round corner last year is a bust after a strong rookie season
c'ville i'm beginnin to think you put one of our "1st round" draft picks up as an avatar no matter who it is!
Please take that avatar down. It reminds us of your multi season matt elam avatar!!! Better yet, can you put the Matt Elam avatar back up with "lamar Jackson" printed under it? ^_^

I'm gonna rest on Lamars final college game where he caught a little pressure. (Something he'll never see in the NFL right?) and he tossed amazing throws in his best Jamis Winston impersonation. He had just thrown for a whopping percentage against Kentucky prior to that game, but he came back down to earth as quickly as DeCost is gonna reenter from his orbit. (DeCost I'm calling you out buddy for what you really are!!!!! you better start packing!) How dare you squander those second rounders like that. DeCost, you coulda drafted him in the 2nd round! And if he wasn't there so what.

Lamar's last collegiate game. Hey he did run well though. Hey, maybe Lamar can Read Option his way to the starting job!!!!

I love collegiate running QB's this is so much fun!!!! Though a really good running college QB can literally transform a college team into a BCS contender all by hisself!

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Its a matter of leverage though. If everyone knows they can wait the Ravens out, why offer anything?
Because they may have a SB roster and plenty of cap and either they have no starting qb or their starter went down and they wanna win...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In terms of wastes of space I’m interpreting it as guys who are taking snaps from younger guys by being just ok enough but still not great:

For me that’s ZDS and Levine

I don’t mean to say they are bad just that they might be holding young guys back

Think about the way it took an injury to Brent urban and then to Brandon Williams to get willie Henry in the rotation

I like pierce but Williams, Henry and urban should be taking the iron man snaps on this dline this year

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Um what? If that's the case why would the Skins trade for Smith. Or the Browns trade for Landry? Or literally any other trade like that. They happen all the time I don't know what the hell you're questioning. If you don't trade for the player it's no sure thing that they would even sign with you later.