• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Will Roman and Mornhinweg Get Along?

The Greek

Veteran
i have some concern with this. could be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. hopefully there is no need to fire marty 2-3 games into the season and replace him with roman. musical chairs with the off coord every season sucks for joe and the rest of the offense

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It would be nice to have some stability for Joe. Have these guys even worked together before?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think they do. Marty's playcalling was weird last season but otherwise he's known as a play action guy. Roman will probably bring more trust in our running game to settle the offense, and there is hope he can turn our TE into a strong unit. Don't know how Marty uses his TE though, but I see them as two guys with the same old school approach.

The Greek

Veteran
I think they do. Marty's playcalling was weird last season but otherwise he's known as a play action guy. Roman will probably bring more trust in our running game to settle the offense, and there is hope he can turn our TE into a strong unit. Don't know how Marty uses his TE though, but I see them as two guys with the same old school approach.
definitely need to get the te's going but they need to stay healthy for that to happen

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
definitely need to get the te's going but they need to stay healthy for that to happen
Yeah I'm really curious about Waller, I think this year he has a clear shot to be a RZ weapon for us. We did it a bit with him last year and I expect that to continue.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree, I think the influence Roman will have in the offense is huge. That and Marty going back to play action and not trestmans offense and I feel we could surprise many teams this year.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I agree, I think the influence Roman will have in the offense is huge. That and Marty going back to play action and not trestmans offense and I feel we could surprise many teams this year.
Exactly. And despite all the personnel losses I'm pretty confident because the influence of the run game will be that much bigger. We really had a good one last year, it just wasn't used enough. Now it's going to be even better with Roman's scheme and used a lot as well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think they're a good tandem who complement each other well. Marty likes to use the short pass to set up the deep pass and put us in situations to run the ball against a weak box, roman likes to set up the play action and use the TEs for blocking and receiving often, and both like to close out games with the run. The only issue I could see arising is Marty getting too committed to the short passing game and not running enough on early downs.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
is MM more of a 2 TE 3/4WR set guy?
im afraid if he likes the 2 TE more we wont see much of moore/campy/reynolds/etc

The Greek

Veteran
harbs already said no changes looming but another week of pathetic play and he may be firing 2 coordinators. sickening that losing 1 defensive player (b. williams) would make the defense play this poorly. whole offense needs to be rebuilt and ozzie is not the man for the job. his time has passed him by.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
harbs already said no changes looming but another week of pathetic play and he may be firing 2 coordinators. sickening that losing 1 defensive player (b. williams) would make the defense play this poorly. whole offense needs to be rebuilt and ozzie is not the man for the job. his time has passed him by.
I seriously disagree with this post and the last couple drafts should be a good reference for that. The offensive line needs some retooling, without question, along with another receiver or two, plus a qb could be on the horizon, but Ozzie is the man.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

It's things like that when we as fans plain as day can see changes need to be made while he is blind to them is what will cost him his job if we miss the playoffs. How can he say no changes are coming with the struggles of the offense? Something obviously needs to be changed on the offensive side of the ball. Marty needs to go, he is too loyal and if he keeps Marty then his blind loyalty will have finally caught up to him and cost him his job.

As for Ozzie, he isn't going anywhere unless there is some "early retirement" BS like what the Steelers did with LeBeau that happens but we are much better than that. Just Ozzie needs to start understanding a offensive focus is needed, and if we continue to be a run first team than focus on getting a good RB in the draft that can do what Gurley is doing for the Rams, and what Cook was doing in Minnesota before his injury.

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
I would not fire anyone quite yet. I think it is important to let Flacco get his feet fully after no preseason.

Like JO I really wonder what a stud RB would do for our O. I think we need one bad. I am usually completely opposed to drafting one in the first but I would for sure now. It is amazing what a quality true number one RB does in terms of providing stability to an O when there seems to be nothing else. Obviously Barkley would be a dream pick. Otherwise if we really did a shake-up right now I would want us to trade for Adrian peterson. Would cost nothing , he is not happy, we are not happy and would give us a true runner on the cheap...just my thoughts and would prefer that before firing yet again mid season

Sooky

Pro Bowler
If the Ravens offense struggles mightily again against the Raiders defense next week there will likely be some sort of coaching shift.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If the Ravens offense struggles mightily again against the Raiders defense next week there will likely be some sort of coaching shift.
not so sure about that. If he wasn't fired today, he probably will make it to atleast the bye week.