• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Will Roman and Mornhinweg Get Along?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Your numbers per game don't mesh up. We definitely have rushed 114 times on the season, but our per game is the following. The following numbers don't add up but these rushes don't reflect Joe Flacco.

They definitely could have run more last week keeping Flacco from passing the ball 50 times, but raging the ball 25 times while being blown out is not giving up on the run.

Game 1: 42
Game 2: 21
Game 3: 25
Game 4: 15
I get the Ravens were down by a million points. And I get that teams get pass happy when down a million points. But I really think it is stupid. If you are down 20-30 points with still a half of football left the only way you are going to climb back into the game is changing the momentum. Keep the opposing offense on the sideline for awhile. Keep your defense rested. I feel like you fall right into the opposing team's hands if you get pass happy. I remember like four years ago on Thanksgiving the Bears were getting pass happy being even down only 14 points. Forte was their best player and they did not give him the ball.

Collins is the best player on this offense right now through four games. He seems to be the only player outside of Watson who wants to be there. They will be losing other times this season and they cannot abandon the run. The way the team will climb out of the rut is running the ball and having the defense fresh.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get the Ravens were down by a million points. And I get that teams get pass happy when down a million points. But I really think it is stupid. If you are down 20-30 points with still a half of football left the only way you are going to climb back into the game is changing the momentum. Keep the opposing offense on the sideline for awhile. Keep your defense rested. I feel like you fall right into the opposing team's hands if you get pass happy. I remember like four years ago on Thanksgiving the Bears were getting pass happy being even down only 14 points. Forte was their best player and they did not give him the ball.

Collins is the best player on this offense right now through four games. He seems to be the only player outside of Watson who wants to be there. They will be losing other times this season and they cannot abandon the run. The way the team will climb out of the rut is running the ball and having the defense fresh.

Only TD we scored was brought to us by a monster run from Collins, I agree with you 100%. I kept yelling at the tv that our defense is going to get tired. I do not care how good your defense is, if you can not get them some rest they are going to get beat. My GF even said "the tackles they are making now is nowhere near as intense as before, they look tired and slower to get up"

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Only TD we scored was brought to us by a monster run from Collins, I agree with you 100%. I kept yelling at the tv that our defense is going to get tired. I do not care how good your defense is, if you can not get them some rest they are going to get beat. My GF even said "the tackles they are making now is nowhere near as intense as before, they look tired and slower to get up"

it feels weird to say this but the new england patriots currently have the same problem in reverse - their defence is so awful that it's forcing their offence to do too much and inevitably they cant do quite enough even with tom brady - so the pats dont have a fatigue problem but they have an issue where their offence is getting enough ball

both issues are hijacking both teams who have exceptional units on the other side of the ball

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
it feels weird to say this but the new england patriots currently have the same problem in reverse - their defence is so awful that it's forcing their offence to do too much and inevitably they cant do quite enough even with tom brady - so the pats dont have a fatigue problem but they have an issue where their offence is getting enough ball

both issues are hijacking both teams who have exceptional units on the other side of the ball

you are correct,

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Agree. Stick to the game plane and feed Collins the ball as much as possible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Think they will be better this week with Hightower back. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Give Collins the ball 30 times a game. He has proven well with them thus far. Even if he drops 2 on the turf. He is the only person consistently moving the ball.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Give Collins the ball 30 times a game. He has proven well with them thus far. Even if he drops 2 on the turf. He is the only person consistently moving the ball.
Fumbling can be solved, but the player needs to break a habit. When Tom Coughlin became head coach of the Giants he had Tiki Barber carry the ball with him wherever he went and make sure he carried the ball high against his chest. This solved Barbers fumbling issues and he was amongst the best in the game. Collins needs to do something like this, because he has a lot of talent.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Fumbling can be solved, but the player needs to break a habit. When Tom Coughlin became head coach of the Giants he had Tiki Barber carry the ball with him wherever he went and make sure he carried the ball high against his chest. This solved Barbers fumbling issues and he was amongst the best in the game. Collins needs to do something like this, because he has a lot of talent.
Reminds me of how John Stockton used to dribble the ball in his basement with objects everywhere in the room with the lights off to learn to control the ball and get a sense of his surroundings when he couldn't see.

I miss Leslie Frazier for that reason. He had a bunch of unique activities in practice that increased turnovers last season like the tennis ball. Need to inject some Disney magic into practice to make things interesting. If you are doing what everyone else is doing then you aren't going to be better than everyone else.