• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Inconsistency and The Whatever Happened on those 2 4th Quarter Drives

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Some ecstatic highs especially on defence. The pass rush finally came to play and Houston's extraordinary stretch of play is wild.

DL was pretty dominating.
EDGE was borderline unstoppable.
LB group was exciting and Queen and Smith fit well together beautifully and Roquan doesn't even have the full defence yet.
DB group was generally pretty good too. Marlon was exceptional as always but a few lapses from MP and Clark stained an otherwise great performance by the group.

Offence was encouraging in many ways despite the lack of WR or receiving production generally. The ability to run the game despite everyone knowing you're running it is such an advantage. Went back to ball control and running clock to take the sting out of this game.

That 2 drive sequence (with the turnover and TD in the middle) with the offensive delay of game issues and then the bizarre play to give up the TD was crazy. We'll treat it as an aberration.

Great win to take it into the bye. Lots of things to work on but lots of encouragement to take from this. Defence might be about to start peaking. Still got Ojabo and Williams to come back in too.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Overall that was a great performance by the D. Not happy about the 2 minute drill or the drive where they gave up the TD but it was much better than in the past.
Offensively this game was really weird to me because our passing game was clicking in the first half and then it just died but then our running game came alive so I don't know whatvthe he'll happened. This team needs to figure out how to get the play off sooner though that stretch of plays was ridiculous

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Houston is playing like he's in his prime. To have 2 sacks (almost 3) and an interception is insane. Too bad he missed 3 1/2 games as he has been dominant.

Although there were a couple lapses, this was a dominant performance by the Ravens defense and the offense was clicking as well without Andrews our top 2 RBs and Bateman. Have to give Roman a lot of credit for this game plan.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
This was a defensive show of force that is going to continue after the bye as the team gets even healthier. Entire defense looked great and it was a complete showing all around.

Offense was actually better than expected. Run game looked great despite no Edwards/Dobbins. Receivers were getting open and with some more practice that will likely translate to more connections.

Overall though I am not even stressed a little about the little mistakes on offense because for the first time all year we saw a defense that unquestionably looked like a Ravens defense. That will continue after the bye as they begin piling up wins and hope to compete for that 1 seed and the bye.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Same same. Thought for sure it was for LJ.

Thank you saints

I feel bad for Davenport as well because he is a GREAT player. It is just unfortunate that he is stuck with that comparison because I think any team would take having a Davenport as their 1st round pick.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Game was really strange. Defense probably played it best game of the year. Houston had a HOF type game. Roquan looks great. Gotta cut the 2 minute drive collapses and the stupid shit out on D.

Offense overachieved in spite of missing pieces imo. The WR room is better with DJax in it. Once Andrews, Dobbins, and Gus are back the offense should be able to play at its peak. Gotta cut the dumbshit out on offense too.

Stout simply must be better.

Really encouraging game, time to get healthy.