• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Inconsistency and The Whatever Happened on those 2 4th Quarter Drives

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
7 weeks ago you wanted hamiltons bum ass off the field.

You wanna give the dot to either a rookie or a guy who’s been here 2 weeks. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I do feel you though, Clark’s an important player, but so limited athletically and it’s really showing. It’s felt like a steady decline since his 2019/20 seasons where he was really good.
last year he started off the game really good vs the Raiders, atleast in the first half, and finished very well but everything else was eh. He's a smart player, but as you said limited athletically and specifically in the Miami game, humphrey and peters weren't in when the rookies were playing and Miami was teeing off.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clark is a good backup and a great locker room guy, but shouldn't be a starter. A healthy Marcus Williams and Hamilton should be out there together whenever possible.

Also most of the year the defence has looked pretty disorganised, I am sure having a new DC calling plays plays a part but I am not sure Clark is doing a great job on that front anymore.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Also most of the year the defence has looked pretty disorganised, I am sure having a new DC calling plays plays a part but I am not sure Clark is doing a great job on that front anymore.
this along with a bunch of youth on the backend

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I meant more specifically the lining up, has just seemed a lot more chaotic, not putting those blown coverages earlier in the year on Clark.

maybe you can point me to an example that made you think something had gone wrong - im seeing lots of late adjustments at the snap for sure but i wouldnt call it chaotic (in the unorganised sense) - i think that's part of the design of macdonald's defence and wanting to present different looks pre and post-snap with late rotations... which was one of his stated aims in his introductory presser to do stuff like that and use sim pressure

lots of disguise and movement at the snap

maybe you can point me to an example that made you think something had gone wrong - im seeing lots of late adjustments at the snap for sure but i wouldnt call it chaotic (in the unorganised sense) - i think that's part of the design of macdonald's defence and wanting to present different looks pre and post-snap with late rotations... which was one of his stated aims in his introductory presser to do stuff like that and use sim pressure

lots of disguise and movement at the snap
Nothing specific from memory, seems to have improved more recently. I just recall just prior to the snap we were running around setting position, maybe that is by design. I just kept expecting to get destroyed on those plays.