• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Inconsistency and The Whatever Happened on those 2 4th Quarter Drives

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Hold up... DeSean really caught one ball then had a hamstring injury that kept him out? Jeez.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Our offense played well considering we left some plays on the field. I was worried about our run game without Gus, but I was impressed. We had a few really good time consuming drives, even though IMHO the offensive line struggled a little at times.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
s3Etyzp.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Clark played perfect technique to get called for a bullshit flag and rob Kyle of that int and great field position.

carried him like you're supposed to
i would have disagreed with it but i could see a holding call because of how physical both were at the line - but DPI is just insane... he wasnt restricting the receiver's ability to play the ball at all and he didnt get there early

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought overall Lamar played well but if we want to defeat teams like the Bills and Chiefs in the playoffs he cannot miss those throws to Oliver and Robinson that probably lead to TD’s . The margin of error is much smaller against teams with great QB’s

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I thought overall Lamar played well but if we want to defeat teams like the Bills and Chiefs in the playoffs he cannot miss those throws to Oliver and Robinson that probably lead to TD’s . The margin of error is much smaller against teams with great QB’s

the one to oliver was fine
the two to robinson were disappointing - the one where he didnt drive the ball but lofted it slightly to the back of the endzone was frustrating... i do understand the other one on the drag route because he had a free untouched blitzer straight up the middle that ruined his timing and he couldnt set his feet... but let's be honest - we normally would expect lamar to make that kind of ridiculous play because he has done throughout his career

the one id have really liked him to hit was the over route to isaiah likely that he slightly over-threw because of what that would mean moving forwards

It was a good win. Smith and Queen are gonna be a very good tandem. Houston was in beast mode. Our front 7 is looking Pretty good with more help on the way with OJabo and others hopefully returning soon.

On offense, of course the WR position is THE a big concern going forward. Didn’t need much of a passing game last night with Drake leading the way running the ball with 93 yards. Lamar added 82 more. It looks like it’s going to be a Ravens heavy run, strong D, efficient passing game, finish to the season. Hopefully we get Gus back after the break.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What a fun game from start to finish. Great to see the red rifle struggling vs. a team he tormented far too often. I love watching Lamar get hyped up and yell at his teammates. He was pissed, wanted accountability, and then squashed it like an adult on the sideline. Passive leadership is destined to fail, and Lamar said fuck that.

This feels like 2018 all over again, and I'm okay with that. Run the ball, and play great defense. Lamar is such a fantastic athlete, but absolutely average throwing the football. Continuing to have these up-and-down games throwing the football will get us in trouble vs. quality teams. At this point in his career, he has to be better. I'd like to know if EDC attempts to extend him over the bye. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a couple more shots at it. Six years, 235 Mil guaranteed, and move on with life.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Most QB's have hit their ceiling by the 5th year and I believe QB's like Mahomes and Allen are at their peak . That being said
I do not believe Lamar has hit his ceiling in his 5 th year. I think even Peyton mentioned this in his broadcast last night.

This is a big positive for us.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Most QB's have hit their ceiling by the 5th year and I believe QB's like Mahomes and Allen are at their peak . That being said
I do not believe Lamar has hit his ceiling in his 5 th year. I think even Peyton mentioned this in his broadcast last night.

This is a big positive for us.
Hate to break it to you but Lamar's not changing at this point. Good news: he has all the tools to be one of the best QBs in the league. Bad news: he is inconsistent, and regressed slightly, throwing the football.

Its not coaching or play calling , its just Lamar focusing and doing the right things. We've seen him when he puts it all together, electrifying stuff. Great player, often inconsistent, capable of winning it all, pay the man, ride it out for 4-5 years until the athleticism is gone and move on.