• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Inconsistency and The Whatever Happened on those 2 4th Quarter Drives

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What’s the issue with our 2 minute D? Just playing too soft?

I think wanting to keep the play and ball in front of them almost to a fault

Maybe partly getting caught in poor personnel when they went hurry up - was notable that as soon as they had to take a timeout and we could make subs that the drive got stopped right there

That wouldn’t explain the other times but feels reasonable for this one

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
yeah it didnt bother me but it's the one i wish he would have hit

but all-22 is going to be very telling about just how open our WRs were - Aikman called him out for missing open guys early and yet it seemed like on a bunch of completions that unless the saints busted, there was very little separation
I'll be curious to hear what others think, but I just can't discount how difficult the throws were.

Like, the Robinson crosser where Lamar evaded a free rusher. That's a hard thing to do as is, but then to throw a strike on a rollout going full speed? Not really easy to do when your throw is moving horizontally with you.

I just think these difficult throws get magnified because the Ravens throw like 20 times, so even if someone like Mahomes has twice as many, he still almost threw 70 times.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'll be curious to hear what others think, but I just can't discount how difficult the throws were.

Like, the Robinson crosser where Lamar evaded a free rusher. That's a hard thing to do as is, but then to throw a strike on a rollout going full speed? Not really easy to do when your throw is moving horizontally with you.

I just think these difficult throws get magnified because the Ravens throw like 20 times, so even if someone like Mahomes has twice as many, he still almost threw 70 times.

I’ll be clear - I think Lamar played well despite the box score - and I think this game was a positive sign toward him re-finding some form too

Just talking about those plays as ones he’d like back - I think you can tell from his reaction that he thought he should have hit the Robinson drag route and my guess is he probably thinks he should have located the ball better for the other Robinson miss and the Oliver miss

Not the end of the world for sure either - we’re talking about 3 throws over 60mins and as you say that’s magnified because we only threw it 20 times

I think wanting to keep the play and ball in front of them almost to a fault

Maybe partly getting caught in poor personnel when they went hurry up - was notable that as soon as they had to take a timeout and we could make subs that the drive got stopped right there

That wouldn’t explain the other times but feels reasonable for this one

That makes sense. They need to fix that though. Can’t stand giving those free points at the end of every half

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
this was there reasoning. Poor as fuck reasoning if you ask me

His EFF%, RTA% and FMCY% were the lowest out of everyone. Sacks and interceptions don’t mean a lot.
I have no idea what any of those mean but I definitely saw Saints O line blown up on multiple occasions and Dalton eating grass. Not to mention the INT.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have no idea what any of those mean but I definitely saw Saints O line blown up on multiple occasions and Dalton eating grass. Not to mention the INT.
I don't know what they mean either. It's a pathetic grade. Literally said sacks and interceptions don't mean much. REALLY??????

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Did anyone hear in the talk up to the game, I think it might have been on espn, refer to, "...the Ravens' OC, Greg Romanoff..." I was cracking up. :lol:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Even though i think he shouldve made that throw, it was harder to make because of the weird angle he was at.. i think if robinson route wouldve been a little more up the field, lamar wouldve made the throw. i think he just judged it wrong because he had to throw it at a downward angle..He threw it at him instead of leading to the pass a little bit more

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
dont think they actually got a 0 but it's weighted so that iirc the best grade gets 100 and the worst grade gets 0 and that's how they work out the scores in between
It wasn't easy to score that O line, either - how do you rate pass protection when they don't call pass plays?