• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bye

Simba

Staff Member
This season's biggest disappointments have to be Nick Boyle and Tylan Wallace. Both are complete non factors in anyway whatsoever. And honestly the team was relying on them. Boyle for the run game and Wallace because we never addressed WR.

I know it costs money but at what point to do you give Kolar, Boyles spot?
Still have a little flexibility with the roster right now but it's getting tighter. Have one open roster spot right now that Kolar will likely occupy. Still have the PS callups to burn for the WRs for a couple of weeks. Gets complicated when guys like Williams, Dobbins, and maybe Ross start to get into their practice windows. Have some easy swaps (e.g. Dobbins for Davis, Ross for maybe Bynes) but can't hold 5 TEs forever so Boyle is probably on borrowed time if/when the spot is needed. He's got some wiggle room for now though.

This season's biggest disappointments have to be Nick Boyle and Tylan Wallace. Both are complete non factors in anyway whatsoever. And honestly the team was relying on them. Boyle for the run game and Wallace because we never addressed WR.

Congratulations on being 6-3!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

yet the run game has been very efficient, with 8 straight 150 yard run games. I think Wallace is the bigger disappointment, but Oliver has really come along as a blocker and pass catcher. Boyle is definitely a cap casualty at the end of the season.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Still have a little flexibility with the roster right now but it's getting tighter. Have one open roster spot right now that Kolar will likely occupy. Still have the PS callups to burn for the WRs for a couple of weeks. Gets complicated when guys like Williams, Dobbins, and maybe Ross start to get into their practice windows. Have some easy swaps (e.g. Dobbins for Davis, Ross for maybe Bynes) but can't hold 5 TEs forever so Boyle is probably on borrowed time if/when the spot is needed. He's got some wiggle room for now though.
Yeah Davis' days are numbered. Boyles days are numbered. I think they don't bring Ross back from IR.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
yet the run game has been very efficient, with 8 straight 150 yard run games. I think Wallace is the bigger disappointment, but Oliver has really come along as a blocker and pass catcher. Boyle is definitely a cap casualty at the end of the season.
Which is incredible. So give GRo some credit for being able to do what he has this year that he didn't do nearly as well last year. Realistically still no Boyle still no JK or Gus yet. But he's been able to get something out of Drake with Lamar and Pat.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah Davis' days are numbered. Boyles days are numbered. I think they don't bring Ross back from IR.
I really like Ross, especially since he played in Macdonalds system at Michigan. Seems like a smart player, but you are probably right.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which is incredible. So give GRo some credit for being able to do what he has this year that he didn't do nearly as well last year. Realistically still no Boyle still no JK or Gus yet. But he's been able to get something out of Drake with Lamar and Pat.
yes, he gets a ton of credit for the run game and he's had much more creativity lately. No one is knocking him for the running game.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I really like Ross, especially since he played in Macdonalds system at Michigan. Seems like a smart player, but you are probably right.
With Roquan here, this team is better benefited with a guy like Bynes who you really trust out there if you need him and brings real vet leadership and SB experience. Ross will have a depth role next year for sure!

Simba

Staff Member
I lean toward him sticking on IR as well but they could play it for the longer term as well. Bynes has been more meh this year and doesn't play ST so he's basically just iffy depth right now. If you want some iffy depth, might make more sense for a young guy that has room to grow. No certainties of course but Bynes being inactive last night says a lot.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With Roquan here, this team is better benefited with a guy like Bynes who you really trust out there if you need him and brings real vet leadership and SB experience. Ross will have a depth role next year for sure!
agree, especially if we can get him down to the PS or keep him on IR.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I lean toward him sticking on IR as well but they could play it for the longer term as well. Bynes has been more meh this year and doesn't play ST so he's basically just iffy depth right now. If you want some iffy depth, might make more sense for a young guy that has room to grow. No certainties of course but Bynes being inactive last night says a lot.
Don't disagree at all. I think the team will value his leadership and experience. And God forbid there's an injury late in the season or playoffs, I think they'd rather throw Bynes out there than Ross.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
one of the more encouraging things about yesterday was just how willing lamar was to take the checkdown and take it earlier in the play
with the lack of WRs, that's gonna be even more important moving forwards as the field condenses
Absolutely, that’s 6 straight Qtrs just taking what the defense was giving him and keeping the offense on schedule.