• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Bye

marklar

Pro Bowler
Re: roster spots. Do we really need BOTH Welch and Phillips? As neither plays defense, one should be an easy cut when more people come off IR.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never thought that I'd be so happy to see a bye. This one comes at just the right time! This gives our boys nearly 2 weeks of resting and healing up. We should have a few more pieces back afterward to make a serious run. Hopefully, after the bye, the Ravens turn into a fearsome juggernaut that no team wants to see-period!

Simba

Staff Member
Re: roster spots. Do we really need BOTH Welch and Phillips? As neither plays defense, one should be an easy cut when more people come off IR.
Who are they preventing from a roster spot though? You have a lot of 1:1 changes that could be made easily.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This season's biggest disappointments have to be Nick Boyle and Tylan Wallace. Both are complete non factors in anyway whatsoever. And honestly the team was relying on them. Boyle for the run game and Wallace because we never addressed WR.

I know it costs money but at what point to do you give Kolar, Boyles spot?

im not that disappointed with wallace - everything about the offseason suggested he wasnt really in the discussion at WR and was more of a gunner

what was surprising to me was that he was deactivated over ben victor despite victor not factoring on special teams

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't see any way that EDC doesn't spend the entire week on the phone with OBJ. Bring him in, take him out. Let him talk to Lamar. Do whatever it takes. This is ultimately such a small investment that could lead you to a superbowl. Make sure you can pay him more than anyone else.

the problem is we cant pay more than anyone else if anyone else wants him
we'll know more in the next couple of weeks as he's supposedly getting close to being cleared

marklar

Pro Bowler
Who are they preventing from a roster spot though? You have a lot of 1:1 changes that could be made easily.
I referred to conversations earlier in the thread about how we coyld cut, and I don't think the Raven are ready to cut Boyle yet even though he looks done, and the above guys seem easier to cut loose

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You Raven fans are so kind compared to most fan bases. We’re getting our noses rubbed in it from others while Raven fans are just downright good people.
Ice! Good to see you! I need your Packers to drop those Cowboys. Please! I have a friend that is a fan of theirs and he always has something to say about my Ravens. Not last night though. He was mute. Lol!

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

You must’ve forgotten who’s our head coach.

Simba

Staff Member
I referred to conversations earlier in the thread about how we coyld cut, and I don't think the Raven are ready to cut Boyle yet even though he looks done, and the above guys seem easier to cut loose
But you ain't keeping 5 TEs plus a FB on this roster long term no matter what. Maybe in the short term when you still have some flexibility but it can't stay that way forever. What's the need to cut from ST in that case?