• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hate that I'm already having to speak on Lamars weaknesses. The ravens fan base is such a fucking cesspool. Simply point out that flacco looks better throwing the ball in the small snippets of OTAs stirs up a ravenous band of jackals to tell you how fast Lamar Jackson is and how flaccos time is done.

No... it's his team still. And before you sharpen your swords and spread your cheeks for Lamar Jackson, just know that I'm a fan and supporting him, but this isn't axis vs allies here, you don't have to take one side and burn the other...

Why are ravens fans like this?

exactly it should be clear from the whole organisation's stance as well as both Joe and Lamar that this is joe's team no question and that they are part of the same team

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We've never had the chance to groom a qb. Curious to see how that goes. Wouldn't have a problem with him sitting 2 years before really seeing the field. The best part is this is a win win. Flacco hopefully uses this to play better. If he does cool. Now have the option to trade or let it ride.

I only hope this isn't another 8-8 9-7 season. If we don't make playoffs I hope WE bomb.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I hate that I'm already having to speak on Lamars weaknesses. The ravens fan base is such a fucking cesspool. Simply point out that flacco looks better throwing the ball in the small snippets of OTAs stirs up a ravenous band of jackals to tell you how fast Lamar Jackson is and how flaccos time is done.

No... it's his team still. And before you sharpen your swords and spread your cheeks for Lamar Jackson, just know that I'm a fan and supporting him, but this isn't axis vs allies here, you don't have to take one side and burn the other...

Why are ravens fans like this?

Welcome to 2018, where no one can get along, nothing gets resolved without boycotts, and no one can view both sides, it has to be one way or another all-in. People need the fucking check themselves.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
People also need to get used to this being Joe's team unless he gets hurt. We're grooming Lamar for the long haul, and even if Joe is historically bad, it's more than likely due to other factors like poor line or under-performing WR corps. It's unlikely he's historically bad due to his own dopiness, albeit possible. If for no other reason, Harbaugh is loyal to a fault which is not the worst quality in the world, but sometimes frustrating.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless the Ravens utterly collapse during the season and we clean house, I really expect this to be Joe's team during at least the next two years. Might end up being like Rodgers and Favre, where the younger QB sits for three years being a super high end backup.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless the Ravens utterly collapse during the season and we clean house, I really expect this to be Joe's team during at least the next two years. Might end up being like Rodgers and Favre, where the younger QB sits for three years being a super high end backup.
That would be good for the Ravens but it really depends on how Joe does this year and then next if there is one. I am hoping that is the way it ends up being because that really is the best case scenario.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly I love joe but if he plays really good this year there’s like no reason not to trade him unless Lamar isnt ready. It’s when his value will be at its highest and if Lamar is ready we need to pull the trigger on a trade. Plus I don’t want Lamar to sit his entire rookie contract on the bench and lose out on those few years where we have lots of cap because we aren’t paying a QB.

Obviously this is weighted heavily by Lamar’s developement.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Welcome to 2018, where no one can get along, nothing gets resolved without boycotts, and no one can view both sides, it has to be one way or another all-in. People need the fucking check themselves.
In France we also have strikes.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I love joe but if he plays really good this year there’s like no reason not to trade him unless Lamar isnt ready. It’s when his value will be at its highest and if Lamar is ready we need to pull the trigger on a trade. Plus I don’t want Lamar to sit his entire rookie contract on the bench and lose out on those few years where we have lots of cap because we aren’t paying a QB.

Obviously this is weighted heavily by Lamar’s developement.

The reason to not trade him after this year would be that we could likely get similar compensation in 2 years time but he’ll also cost us less in dead cap

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
People also need to get used to this being Joe's team unless he gets hurt. We're grooming Lamar for the long haul, and even if Joe is historically bad, it's more than likely due to other factors like poor line or under-performing WR corps. It's unlikely he's historically bad due to his own dopiness, albeit possible. If for no other reason, Harbaugh is loyal to a fault which is not the worst quality in the world, but sometimes frustrating.
People really think this is lamar team now? ive yet to actually hear people say some dumb shyt like that

Tank

Hall of Famer
People really think this is lamar team now? ive yet to actually hear people say some dumb shyt like that
I think it depends upon who you call “people”. After Big Ben’s reaction some in the media have tried hard to stir the pot and said things inferring Lamar is in and Joe is out. Then you have the people that just hate Flacco and proclaimed Lamar king the moment he was drafted. Seems most of them are now recanting. lol

No one I know, including some people in Kentucky that are Louisville supporters think it’s Lamar’s team, or even that he’s a lock to eventually take over. Not that they think it can’t happen, but they know there’s a lot of work to do to get there.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Read this earlier and found it surprising that Lamar didn’t call out the plays in the huddle at Louisville. Maybe it’s common but I’ve never heard of that and wonder how each position group gets the plays. Signals I guess? Surely all didn’t have radio communication.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...-update-on-lamar-jackson-s-development-so-far

that's common in college because there's no mics or anything so all playcalls come from the sideline rather than the headsets

Tank

Hall of Famer
that's common in college because there's no mics or anything so all playcalls come from the sideline rather than the headsets
Gotcha. Thought it was still common for them to come to the QB from the sideline, then him calling the play in the huddle. Thinking about it I do recall seeing one team using large signs, kinda goofy. lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gotcha. Thought it was still common for them to come to the QB from the sideline, then him calling the play in the huddle. Thinking about it I do recall seeing one team using large signs, kinda goofy. lol

even then the qb isnt really calling the play because most of the team in the huddle already knows the play - especially when college teams dont run huddles which is quite often because of how overpowered it is systematically in college football

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Read this earlier and found it surprising that Lamar didn’t call out the plays in the huddle at Louisville. Maybe it’s common but I’ve never heard of that and wonder how each position group gets the plays. Signals I guess? Surely all didn’t have radio communication.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...-update-on-lamar-jackson-s-development-so-far

You never seen them walk up to the los and then step backward and look to the sideline (the whole team). Looks like a bunch of deer eating grass and then all of a sudden they hear a noise.

Tank

Hall of Famer
You never seen them walk up to the los and then step backward and look to the sideline (the whole team). Looks like a bunch of deer eating grass and then all of a sudden they hear a noise.
Now that you mention it, yes. Good analogy. :D

Tank

Hall of Famer
even then the qb isnt really calling the play because most of the team in the huddle already knows the play - especially when college teams dont run huddles which is quite often because of how overpowered it is systematically in college football
Just another challenge they now face moving to the NFL.