• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

That one was interesting because that's totally something some of these posters would say....

Sometimes it's hard to tell when people are joking because we've seen posters say some crazy things when being completely serious.

This is all part of my comprehensuv plan. I will be at the advant garde of Lamar’s career decay. If only Lamar was more clairevoyant to not hang out with rappers. Mark my words these are all the tell tale signs of a player who will fail 60% of the time every time.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This is all part of my comprehensuv plan. I will be at the advant garde of Lamar’s career decay. If only Lamar was more clairevoyant to not hang out with rappers. Mark my words these are all the tell tale signs of a player who will fail 60% of the time every time.
If he fails its cause he is trash

If he fails its cause he is trash
No, because as you can see in my 100% serious definitely not a joke post...he will fail because he hangs out with rappers and makes completely innocuous TMZ headlines. Being trash will simply be an effect of these things.

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No, because as you can see in my 100% serious definitely not a joke post...he will fail because he hangs out with rappers and makes completely innocuous TMZ headlines. Being trash will simply be an effect of these things.
Ozzie sucked because he's old, when I saw him catching his breath mid sentence at the podium I knew he needed to retire.

Actual reasoning by rayray on the old boards ^^

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ozzie sucked because he's old, when I saw him catching his breath mid sentence at the podium I knew he needed to retire.

.... Even Forrest Gump would be offended if he had that thought process and you called it "reasoning"

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Not that it had anything to do with him needing to retire or being bad (besides 2015 the drafts have been nice) but his voice at the most recent press conference did remind me of Vader without his mask.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I think the only thing that makes me salty about Lamar is that I could have enjoyed the pre draft process WAY more if I knew we were scouting a first round qb. Instead Ozzie had me watching tape on fuckin guards when I could have been watching Lamar. Curses.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
As long as he isn't taking his phone charger I don't see a problem. Like joey Flex said earlier, Uzi doesn't scare me at all and it looks like Jackson is just having fun is obviously a stressful time, it's not like he is in camp, and the dude is 21 and just got millions. Do some people just want him to just go put it all into stocks and buy a fine wine lol. Yea if he was hanging out with people like XXX, 69, or even 50 I'd be more worried. Kids got to live, just as long as he focuses during the season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think the only thing that makes me salty about Lamar is that I could have enjoyed the pre draft process WAY more if I knew we were scouting a first round qb. Instead Ozzie had me watching tape on fuckin guards when I could have been watching Lamar. Curses.
its lamar jackson lol you shouldve been watching him anyway! hes a once in a generation talent at running the ball, a more elusive and explosive runner than any RB ive ever scouted and thats a position i watch a lot of every year. i always thought he was in the realm of reality for us, i didnt think we would ACTUALLY do something that ballsy and drastic, but just the possibility of it drew me to watch a ton of him.

if you havent yet, watch him in depth. a lot of what you may have heard pre-draft is just not true. he has occasional accuracy lapses and base issues and needs to learn to get down, but man he is a real qb, mentally he is THERE, his decision making is consistently good, his patience and willingness to let a play while develop and even having the anticipation to abandon his first read to go through progressions when needed, when scrambling hes looking to throw unless he sees the right lane, hes a real deal NFL QB and i hope like hell he stays healthy because if he does we have an exciting decade ahead of us.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
As long as he isn't taking his phone charger I don't see a problem. Like joey Flex said earlier, Uzi doesn't scare me at all and it looks like Jackson is just having fun is obviously a stressful time, it's not like he is in camp, and the dude is 21 and just got millions. Do some people just want him to just go put it all into stocks and buy a fine wine lol. Yea if he was hanging out with people like XXX, 69, or even 50 I'd be more worried. Kids got to live, just as long as he focuses during the season.
Young 50, maybe I'd have a problem with. He had it reaaal rough growin up. But I wouldn't have a problem with him hanging out with 50 today. Not much of a gangster anymore haha

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Young 50, maybe I'd have a problem with. He had it reaaal rough growin up. But I wouldn't have a problem with him hanging out with 50 today. Not much of a gangster anymore haha
havent followed him much eh? lol 50 detached himself from the streets as much as he could, but he is still stirring up shit like the worlds biggest troll. not to mention, someone who comes from that lifestyle and still operates the way he does, doesnt just drop it entirely. 50 goes back to the hood multiple times a year, no bodyguards or nothing, just to give handouts to kids and flex on everyone else, dude literally gives no fucks about anything, he is the LAST person id want lamar hanging out with lol.

i think 100% 50 still has his hands in on some dirt.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
havent followed him much eh? lol 50 detached himself from the streets as much as he could, but he is still stirring up shit like the worlds biggest troll. not to mention, someone who comes from that lifestyle and still operates the way he does, doesnt just drop it entirely. 50 goes back to the hood multiple times a year, no bodyguards or nothing, just to give handouts to kids and flex on everyone else, dude literally gives no fucks about anything, he is the LAST person id want lamar hanging out with lol.

i think 100% 50 still has his hands in on some dirt.
I do.

So because he goes back to his roots to give kids handouts means he's still into selling drugs and shit? Okay...

All of what you just said is entirely speculation. He's still a bad mf, he's 50 cent. But he's nothing like he used to be.

To say he's the very LAST person you'd want Lamar hanging with is honestly fucking hilarious. I could name so many guys before I'd get to 50.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
its lamar jackson lol you shouldve been watching him anyway! hes a once in a generation talent at running the ball, a more elusive and explosive runner than any RB ive ever scouted and thats a position i watch a lot of every year. i always thought he was in the realm of reality for us, i didnt think we would ACTUALLY do something that ballsy and drastic, but just the possibility of it drew me to watch a ton of him.

if you havent yet, watch him in depth. a lot of what you may have heard pre-draft is just not true. he has occasional accuracy lapses and base issues and needs to learn to get down, but man he is a real qb, mentally he is THERE, his decision making is consistently good, his patience and willingness to let a play while develop and even having the anticipation to abandon his first read to go through progressions when needed, when scrambling hes looking to throw unless he sees the right lane, hes a real deal NFL QB and i hope like hell he stays healthy because if he does we have an exciting decade ahead of us.
For sure I have to watch him more just waiting to get out of hell month (finals) first. I’m doing a ted talk this week on cte vs the benifits of the nfl basically and it has to be 10 minutes and memorized. I’m totally fucked but Atleast it’s a nice topic. This summer I’m going to study more on him.

I agree he is a once in a generation talent, but I pay way less attention to guys I don’t think we have a chance at as it only leads to heart break. (I still love you Anthony Miller) although I have gotten a lot of crap for it I do admit I prefer intelligent qbs but if his play can win us Games I’ll take that over a engineer who loses. I do think he is a quick learner which is obviously a positive I just hope all the information isn’t too much. I think people really underrate how tough the nfl mental game is. For ex Vick was a generational player who relied only on talent, and almost never studied film. Imagine if he was up to the mental side, could have Ben considered the goat. I love Lamar’s vision and ability to pick up a third down run more than anything. I think we can all agree one of the most annoying things about flacco is when it’s 3rd and two with open field and he chucks it deep for an inc.

He also has more passion which will be nice instead of joe laughing when we are down by 10 in a big game. (I love joe just pisses me off sometimes) also the underrated aspect of having him in madden will be dope.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I do.

So because he goes back to his roots to give kids handouts means he's still into selling drugs and shit? Okay...

All of what you just said is entirely speculation. He's still a bad mf, he's 50 cent. But he's nothing like he used to be.

To say he's the very LAST person you'd want Lamar hanging with is honestly fucking hilarious. I could name so many guys before I'd get to 50.
Lmao is joe flacco on that list?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I do.

Welp you like jumping to conclusions. I say he's still into dirt because he literally had goons record someone's mothers house and workplace and posted it online as a threat, it's the kind of person he is. I fuck with 50 cent heavy, I like his savagery, I'm saying that the game is still in him and he carries himself as such.

And pardon me, professor... last "rapper" I'd want him with