• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And all of this is going on while teams aren't necessarily threatened by his passing. Now of course, we need to build the trenches. If Lamar ever develops to be an adequate passer...........................

.....lord have mercy.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Not even just people uneducated on football - Merriman basically said all you’ve gotta do is put a LB in there to spy Lamar and that will make him one dimensional. No, you fuckin dumbass, what do you think no one has thought to spy him yet? That won’t stop him. Really hate when people talk out of their ass.
He gets a little break, he's a linebacker

redrum52

Hall of Famer
And all of this is going on while teams aren't necessarily threatened by his passing. Now of course, we need to build the trenches. If Lamar ever develops to be an adequate passer...........................

.....lord have mercy.

I think we see a huge leap next year.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If it turns out to be a huge leap, that's going to be straight up scary.

He'll be getting starter reps with not just the running, but passing game tailored to him. I fully believe the FO will try to surround him with talent from the cap we gain. Urban is a good coach and the OL should be better. People will expect the same looks from sets, but I see obviously see us throwing more. He also seems to have a drive to be great.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Regardless of how this team finishes, can we just all acknowledge how exciting it is to be a ravens fan right now...

Lamar was being asked to play wr, he refused, he is a talent who clearly should’ve went top 20 despite looking like he needed 1 or 2 years to develop, he tumbled and of every team we were the ones with the balls make the move for him, and it’s PAYING OFF, he is everything we hoped for, and is just getting started.

The ravens are taking the league by storm right now, lamar Jackson is the center of nfl headlines with his exciting play, every analyst says that we are the team everyone is scared of, it’s just insane.

The ravens have literally never seen something like this, just such a strange thing for this franchise, for an offensive risk in the draft to be paying off this much and to have such a hype machine. God damn I love it.
he is far and away worth more than the picks we gave up for him already. We can only dream what his ceiling is going to end up being, but his floor is winning the AFC North as a rookie.

Win or Lose, i agree, this has been an exciting season. anything else is just gravy. .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He'll be getting starter reps with not just the running, but passing game tailored to him. I fully believe the FO will try to surround him with talent from the cap we gain. Urban is a good coach and the OL should be better. People will expect the same looks from sets, but I see obviously see us throwing more. He also seems to have a drive to be great.
and a worth ethic to succeed.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep - aside all the help he might get, the fact that Lamar has a great attitude, work habits and ability to pick up stuff quickly plus the full offseason and the camp of reps with ones is what's the most encouraging to me.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watched this earlier and I love it, he mentions something nobody realizes, the blocking, and the huge mismatches all over the box. People who obviously uneducated on football all say the same thing, “oh what happens when they stack the box? What happens when they spy him?” Dumbasses, every defense we’ve faced has stacked the box and spied him, we are plowing through 8 and 9 man fronts, lamar is leaving spies in the dust, and schlereth broke down why it’s working and how it can’t be schemed against, the ravens turn a 9 man front into a 6-7 man front and then break that front in half and give themselves 2 options based on the mismatch and leverage, you can scheme against a kaepernick or Rg3, you can’t scheme against lamar Jackson, because AFTER all those mismatches, even if you execute perfectly at the line of scrimmage, you still need to hope that a top 5 skilled runner in the league and top 5 fastest starter in the league won’t break one, and that’s hard as shit to do when he touches the ball every single snap.
Merriman is an idiot clearly. The only sensible guy was Schlereth on that show. But Merriman's idiocy befuddled me when he said he wanted a LBer to spy on Lamar! Really? And he's going to catch him? The only guy that can possibly spy on Lamar with some success in my view is Derwin James but even that isn't going to be easy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not even just people uneducated on football - Merriman basically said all you’ve gotta do is put a LB in there to spy Lamar and that will make him one dimensional. No, you fuckin dumbass, what do you think no one has thought to spy him yet? That won’t stop him. Really hate when people talk out of their ass.

Literally everyone on that panel gave him a look like “eh?” when he started to talk about spying Lamar

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tbf to Merriman, he was never football smart, that’s why he was on roids his whole productive career and fell off a cliff out of nowhere

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Hey, anybody worried that with our offensive style of play that Lamar Jackson could get hurt? Look what happened to RG3 with the Redskins.

Jackson has already gotten a scare against Kansas City this year. ...Does anyone have the same sentiment, that we have to save our QB from a brutal NFL by continuing to develop his passing skills?

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey, anybody worried that with our offensive style of play that Lamar Jackson could get hurt? Look what happened to RG3 with the Redskins.

Jackson has already gotten a scare against Kansas City this year. ...Does anyone have the same sentiment, that we have to save our QB from a brutal NFL by continuing to develop his passing skills.
I’m not really worried tbh. He doesn’t take enough hits for me to worry. He’s just as likely to get hurt in the pocket.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Jackson has already gotten a scare against Kansas City this year. ...Does anyone have the same sentiment, that we have to save our QB from a brutal NFL by continuing to develop his passing skills.
Rg3 was never hurt on a designed run. Only scrambling or in th playoffs it was a rolllout when he reinjured his lcl in the 1st qtr. he was sacked in the 4th qtr when he tore his acl.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Joe got his ACL and the hip this year while in the pocket.
If they're going to get injured, they'd get injured. Don't need any contact either.