• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
NaiveIckyIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

Holy shit, the Falcons' defense is so bad. lol

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pretty sure that's not even slow motion.
It's not. Drew Brees can't run worth a damn normally and any move he does will be incredibly slow and telegraphed. I think that's why it worked. They over estimated his speed and thought he'd be further to that side before cutting back inside, as if he was a running back or WR. Instead they jumped by him as he slowly turned around.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/ravens/comments/b0gmeq/in_light_of_todays_stress_i_thought_i_wouldnt/
some footage of Lamar's workout

looks like a higher arm angle throwing motion

some observations on that short clip (and goddammit i hate the guy panning away before he threw the damn ball lol)

• The arm angle's higher and it looks like it's added a bit of zip to the ball through the air
  • The back leg is still coming off the ground slightly on those shorter throws and it doesn't need to
  • dude's out there working til 9pm on his throwing motion in march

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
some observations on that short clip (and goddammit i hate the guy panning away before he threw the damn ball lol)

• The arm angle's higher and it looks like it's added a bit of zip to the ball through the air
  • The back leg is still coming off the ground slightly on those shorter throws and it doesn't need to
  • dude's out there working til 9pm on his throwing motion in march
can't say he isn't a hard worker. looking forward to seeing him in the offseason.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Not so good. Lamar took a photo of him in the car going 110 mph without a seatbelt.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
i just want us to give him someone around him who can make a play - yes he's a threat on every snap but it's rough to be asking a 2nd year qb without a full season of starts to not just play well but carry a team without help

I know he's looking around the division at the other wr corps. He definitely feel a way about it. We're signing a 3rd TE and the Browns just paired OBJ with Landry.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know he's looking around the division at the other wr corps. He definitely feel a way about it. We're signing a 3rd TE and the Browns just paired OBJ with Landry.

Sam Darnold's looking at Lev Bell and Jamison Crowder
Baker's looking at OBJ, and Hunt
Allen's looking at John Brown and Cole Beasley

but Rosen's looking at potentially losing his job and Lamar's looking at Mark Ingram