• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
and my question to everyone is if RGIII is in are we still running lamar trick plays
and if lamar does get the start are we running RGIII out there as another playmaker like lamar...

coz if we are i want some quadruple option qb play lol - both threats to run and pass and run the RPO on any down lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
and my question to everyone is if RGIII is in are we still running lamar trick plays
and if lamar does get the start are we running RGIII out there as another playmaker like lamar...

coz if we are i want some quadruple option qb play lol - both threats to run and pass and run the RPO on any down lol
I seriously hope that Lamar is under centre if Joe can't play. But wild-cat, multiple options would definitely be interesting with those two on the field.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
look at this supercut of every 2017 lamar passing td
just watch how often the ball hits the receiver in stride or leads him so that he can get YAC

- ball placement
- reading high-low

that's a great pair of passing skills to be moving on with - especially with his improved motion and footwork

if lamar does get the start (and he should) i really want to see him sling it downfield just to see what the new mechanics have done to his deep ball

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Lamar and RG3 on the field at the same time running some RPO's and Wildcat plays would be INSANE! A defenses nightmare!

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want to see Lamar start but I wouldn’t mind RG3 starting and if he plays well maybe netting us a comp pick. Now that would be nice

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So I guess everyone here is going to go out and buy Lamar jerseys before the Bengals game now?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The one thing about Lamar is he likes to throw to the TE and I can see him growing a rappoport with Hurst and Andrews. Why Joe doesn't show more faith in them I don't understand. I hope Lamar starts next week. Time to move on and yes I have been a Flacco supporter.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Lamar starts then every first round rookie QB will start this year. Kinda cool in that aspect. I think Lamar will potentially make it easier on our OL although I guess it could also be harder since teams will sell out to stop the run.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Lamar starts then every first round rookie QB will start this year. Kinda cool in that aspect. I think Lamar will potentially make it easier on our OL although I guess it could also be harder since teams will sell out to stop the run.

Well if they wanna come up and stop the run Lamar got the best play action fake I've ever seen.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep and Lamar will burn them. He isn't as inaccurate as people seem to make out. He threw for 3500 yds his final season at Louisville. You can't do that if you are an inaccurate passer.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Starting with the proposition that it's a "Do or Die" year for Harball, he gets to the playoffs finally or is ousted, Lamar Jackson is not likely to see a Start until desperation time. Playing a rookie of Lamar's Wonderlic quality is not going to be a successful formula for winning. Guess Ozze drafted him as part of the three year plan. Ozze won't be here in 2019 and poisons DeCost's water with a non viable NFL QB. Harball is fired after 2018, Flacco is released and Decost has a scorched earth season in 2019. Bisciotti in a fit of disbelief and denial institutes a new five year business plan and rehires ozze as GM in 2020. That's the cunning ozze we know!!! He's Baaaack!!!

Really thought Ozze was already out. Sheez, he's not!!!! Not good. If that's the case he called his own "Trade Back and then Trade Up" for Lamar Jackson "Masterful". Really?....hey Ozze, you don't get to do that! You don't get to call your own Trade Ups for a guy that was still going to be there Masterful. Dang I thought ol' Shoe Leather was gone.
Wonderlic quality? Really? How much do you think one of the smartest football players to ever suit up (according to coaches) score on the wonderlic? I'm talking of Ray Lewis. Come on man stop putting the kid down with some stupid measure that has no bearing on the quality of quarter back play.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anyone know how Lamar has looked in practice over the last few months ? This would give us an idea on whether he starts
over RG III if Joe can’t go .