• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love your Jim Kelly (Enter the Dragon fame) avatar!

Hey @Ellicottraven. Thanks my brother! It fits my style and personality.

Plus, Enter the Dragon (along with the other 4 Bruce Lee films) is my favorite martial arts flick. Jim Kelly-the marital artist (who passed away in 2013) was a role model of mine for years growing up!

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
which is a pointless argument because in college they play 3 less games
Three less games but against far worse defenses. I do think Lamar is more accurate than given credit for, but college stats are useless. Plenty of backup and practice squad QBs that do nothing in the NFL ripped apart college defenses.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Three less games but against far worse defenses. I do think Lamar is more accurate than given credit for, but college stats are useless. Plenty of backup and practice squad QBs that do nothing in the NFL ripped apart college defenses.

but also worse surrounding talent and coaching...
and of course its true
its nothing arguments on both sides - the stats mean very little if anything at all

using flacco's stats to diminish jackson's college stats is ridiculous
using jackson's stats to make an argument about his future play means more but not more than watching his actual play

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm done and have been done with Flacco for years now! I already know who and what Flacco is. Been seeing that dude operate for 11 seasons now. I can't wait for the Ravens to FINALLY move on from that cat! Enough is enough for me.

Now, I'm not looking to Lamar to be some type of savior for the Ravens at this juncture but I just want to see what Lamar can do. He's younger, quicker, faster, more explosive and exciting. He seems to pose a greater threat to defenses than Flacco as well when he's on the field. Defenses have to account for him.

th

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Fuck him. "Coached" the Falcons and quit midseason. Nope.
Really? Damn.. didn’t know that. I just want an offensive genius to come in here and really ignite our offense into something we’ve never seen before.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really? Damn.. didn’t know that. I just want an offensive genius to come in here and really ignite our offense into something we’ve never seen before.
Mike Zimmer was part of that staff, and despises Petrino for it.
“When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people’s families and doesn’t have enough guts to finish out the year, I’m not a part of it,” Zimmer said. “And you can put that in the Arkansas News Gazette. I don’t really give a (bleep). He’s a coward, he ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of families, kids, because he didn’t have enough (guts) to stay there and finish the job. And that’s the truth. Most people in football have enough courage about him and enough fight to stick it out and not quit halfway through the year. It’s cowardly.”
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/30051/mike-zimmer-rips-bobby-petrino

redrum52

Hall of Famer
How long are we going to wait to get confirmation on Lamar starting against the Bengals?

My guess would be until game day. No reason to make any announcements on who the qb will be. For all we know, Flacco might start.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://www.12up.com/posts/6220348-...8DHICK0n54SrrtUnXUl1YtIPkuhNqeIO0fjmrEXuBLWng

I definitely agree with the following statement made in the article........

"As a lifelong Ravens fan and an admitted Joe Flacco stan, this is hard to admit, BUT THE TIME MIGHT HAVE COME TO CLOSE THE BOOK ON THE FLACCO ERA. As much as I'd love Joe to stay and form a two-headed monster with Jackson in 2019, his contract has been a major hindrance to this team since he signed it in 2013. And with the opportunity to cut or trade Flacco at a minimal loss after this season, it could be best of everyone to find Flacco a new home in 2019...maybe the Jets? Whatever happens with Joe after this season, one thing is clear: it's time to prepare ourselves for the Lamar Jackson era in Baltimore".

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
https://www.12up.com/posts/6220348-...8DHICK0n54SrrtUnXUl1YtIPkuhNqeIO0fjmrEXuBLWng

I definitely agree with the following statement made in the article........

"As a lifelong Ravens fan and an admitted Joe Flacco stan, this is hard to admit, BUT THE TIME MIGHT HAVE COME TO CLOSE THE BOOK ON THE FLACCO ERA. As much as I'd love Joe to stay and form a two-headed monster with Jackson in 2019, his contract has been a major hindrance to this team since he signed it in 2013. And with the opportunity to cut or trade Flacco at a minimal loss after this season, it could be best of everyone to find Flacco a new home in 2019...maybe the Jets? Whatever happens with Joe after this season, one thing is clear: it's time to prepare ourselves for the Lamar Jackson era in Baltimore".
flacco ass been done. Gave him way too much money from the get... tbh i wouldnt be surprised if he just retired after he leaves the ravens. Big family now, big bank account

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
flacco ass been done. Gave him way too much money from the get... tbh i wouldnt be surprised if he just retired after he leaves the ravens. Big family now, big bank account
He won’t retire, because he will want to prove us wrong. He will be traded this offseason along with some other players and most likely large roster turnover.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He won’t retire, because he will want to prove us wrong. He will be traded this offseason along with some other players and most likely large roster turnover.
Due to the connection with Kubiak, a lot of people are thinking Harbs ends up going there. If that's the case, I can see Kubiak and Harbough pushing for the Broncos to trade for Flacco.