• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh “ you wanna go for it”
Lamar “ hell yea coach lets go for it... points at somebody.. you wanna go for it? Lets gooo”

Reactions: cdp

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar looked good out there. His WR's didn't do him any favors on that day but it did not matter. He took it upon himself. I appreciate that. I prefer them spreading the defense out and letting Lamar make a decision. Lamar has so much potential it is scary.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

On the broadcast film it looks even more epic but the moment Stanley realises Lamar’s only option is to run that lane he comes flying into frame to lead him downfield like a heat-seeking missile

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wasn't on the game thread in the first half, but where were the refs when Lamar took the late hit after giving his body up. That easily should have been an extra 15 yards for us. The radio announcer, not sure which one said it certainly would have been called if it was the Ravens hitting Wilson.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I wasn't on the game thread in the first half, but where were the refs when Lamar took the late hit after giving his body up. That easily should have been an extra 15 yards for us. The radio announcer, not sure which one said it certainly would have been called if it was the Ravens hitting Wilson.
Yeah, it was definitely unnecessary and blatant. It seemed he slipped down more than sliding, but he was on the ground long before he was hit. Hard to believe it wasn’t called.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, it was definitely unnecessary and blatant. It seemed he slipped down more than sliding, but he was on the ground long before he was hit. Hard to believe it wasn’t called.
he definitely slipped, but was on the ground and not attempting to get up. He could have just touched him.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
On the broadcast film it looks even more epic but the moment Stanley realises Lamar’s only option is to run that lane he comes flying into frame to lead him downfield like a heat-seeking missile
This is another example of the entire offense showing how much they're willing to go to war with this man. I LOVED this play by Stanley.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Just heard bobby wagner basically say every time they got caught in man cvg lamar took off.. i mentioned tbat the other day that we may force teams to play less man cvg because of lamar. That would actually make it better for us becuase our wrs can barley get open anyhow. Cant wait to see this game vs pats.. probably gonna be less running my him

Just heard bobby wagner basically say every time they got caught in man cvg lamar took off.. i mentioned tbat the other day that we may force teams to play less man cvg because of lamar. That would actually make it better for us becuase our wrs can barley get open anyhow. Cant wait to see this game vs pats.. probably gonna be less running my him

I honestly believe that they have restricted the playbook with the Pats game in mind, I think Lamar will pass a fair bit and I'm thinking it will be Hursts breakout game

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think most teams have already lost to the Pats before the game kicks off. Most coaches overthink and want to outsmart Belichick, this usually leads them to come up with ideas which aren't suitable for their team.
Belichick knows everything you’ve put on film. So do you want to do something he hasn't seen so far, but your team hasn't practiced as much or do you do stuff which your team is really good at, but is already on film?

I'm not sure what we're gonna do. I don't want to opt for a pass heavy attack and take away our running identity. But knowing BB and their defense he knows how to eliminate/mitigate Lamar's scrambles and designed runs.

I think we’re going to find out just how good that defense is. They given up a total of 48 points in 7 games. That’s about 7 per game. But if you look closer 6 of the 7 teams they have played are all ranked 24th or lower in total offense. The 7th team (Buffalo) is ranked 17th, and 3 of those wins are against the Jets and the Dolphins, ranked 31 and 32.

I think if we get Hollywood back, and a rested Andrews, we gonna expose that defense.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we’re going to find out just how good that defense is. They given up a total of 48 points in 7 games. That’s about 7 per game. But if you look closer 6 of the 7 teams they have played are all ranked 24th or lower in total offense. The 7th team (Buffalo) is ranked 17th, and 3 of those wins are against the Jets and the Dolphins, ranked 31 and 32.

I think if we get Hollywood back, and a rested Andrews, we gonna expose that defense.

hollywood would have had a month to get ready for this game. He should be fine. Jimmys had 2 months by the time we play.

btw we upgraded our D with clark over jefferson. Clark has higher football IQ than jefferson and it shows

I also would not change the ILB duo of Bynes and Fort even with peanuts return. Peanut isn't as smart as fort.

hollywood would have had a month to get ready for this game. He should be fine. Jimmys had 2 months by the time we play.

btw we upgraded our D with clark over jefferson. Clark has higher football IQ than jefferson and it shows

I also would not change the ILB duo of Bynes and Fort even with peanuts return. Peanut isn't as smart as fort.

Our D is really starting to look better. Bynes & Fort both seem to have a nose for the football, and Clark is > TJ. With the addition of Peters and Jimmy’s return we are a better team. If we could just add a legit pass rusher we would go from shit house to penthouse in pretty short order. Lol

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our D is really starting to look better. Bynes & Fort both seem to have a nose for the football, and Clark is > TJ. With the addition of Peters and Jimmy’s return we are a better team. If we could just add a legit pass rusher we would go from shit house to penthouse in pretty short order. Lol
We need 2. An interior D lineman that is stout and can provide push and a really good edge setting pass rushing LB. Damn Suggs!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
They're going to stack the box and see how Lamar does with that first. They'll keep changing up coverages to keep Lamar and the offense off balance. GRo has to call the game of his life and make constant adjustments. Keep them off their defensive game by changing up the offense so much that the Pats will be responding to our offense and not dictating our offense to adapt to them.