• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting stuff - for the perspective on how unique and difficult is to do what Jackson is doing (starts at 3.00 mark). It's even better because they say it happened in only season and a half but the fact is - it's not even a full season (Lamar had a first start in week 11 last year):

[/QUOTE

They also conveniently forget that Lamar's passing stats were bad because of all the dropped passes. The receivers/TE didn't do Lamar any favors. I would like these guys to watch the full game before analyzing or dissecting the game. I doubt they do given all the games they need to analyze

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think we’re going to find out just how good that defense is. They given up a total of 48 points in 7 games. That’s about 7 per game. But if you look closer 6 of the 7 teams they have played are all ranked 24th or lower in total offense. The 7th team (Buffalo) is ranked 17th, and 3 of those wins are against the Jets and the Dolphins, ranked 31 and 32.

I think if we get Hollywood back, and a rested Andrews, we gonna expose that defense.
27 points they given up

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
They also conveniently forget that Lamar's passing stats were bad because of all the dropped passes. The receivers/TE didn't do Lamar any favors. I would like these guys to watch the full game before analyzing or dissecting the game. I doubt they do given all the games they need to analyze

If they think Lamars passing was bad, they should look at how Wilson did.

The weather was not ideal either.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think most teams have already lost to the Pats before the game kicks off. Most coaches overthink and want to outsmart Belichick, this usually leads them to come up with ideas which aren't suitable for their team.
Belichick knows everything you’ve put on film. So do you want to do something he hasn't seen so far, but your team hasn't practiced as much or do you do stuff which your team is really good at, but is already on film?

I'm not sure what we're gonna do. I don't want to opt for a pass heavy attack and take away our running identity. But knowing BB and their defense he knows how to eliminate/mitigate Lamar's scrambles and designed runs.

i think bill bellichick is going to go man on the outside because he trusts his corners and then load the box up - force our wrs to win 1v1 and force lamar to stay in the pocket - im not sure that's the best way to defend lamar but i think that's what he's going to do

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want Bill to force Lamar to make throws. That is what I want to see. I prefer when we run spread and let Lamar find the open man or make a play

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson has 2,226 total yards

That's more than the following 14 teams

Raiders
Broncos
Bucs
Bills
Titans
Bengals
Panthers
Brownies
Colts
Skins
Steelers
Bears
Dolphins
Jets

That is insane
That’s pretty cool he has more yards than all other teams in the AFC North

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Just heard bobby wagner basically say every time they got caught in man cvg lamar took off.. i mentioned tbat the other day that we may force teams to play less man cvg because of lamar. That would actually make it better for us becuase our wrs can barley get open anyhow. Cant wait to see this game vs pats.. probably gonna be less running my him
So now I'm hoping the likes of Boykin and Snead (to an extent) can find the open zone. I'm a bit weary but we'll see.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So now I'm hoping the likes of Boykin and Snead (to an extent) can find the open zone. I'm a bit weary but we'll see.
Hollywood is a proven lethal zone breaker. He splits cover 2, he splits cover 3, he dictates the deep coverage as he’s gaining leverage off the line, the safeties are adjusting to him before he even hits the 5 yard mark and he knows how to take advantage. He’s very crafty in zone and obviously has all the explosion and wiggle needed to use this skill set

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Hollywood is a proven lethal zone breaker. He splits cover 2, he splits cover 3, he dictates the deep coverage as he’s gaining leverage off the line, the safeties are adjusting to him before he even hits the 5 yard mark and he knows how to take advantage. He’s very crafty in zone and obviously has all the explosion and wiggle needed to use this skill set
I'm not necessarily worried about Hollywood....it's the others not named Andrews.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I'm not necessarily worried about Hollywood....it's the others not named Andrews.

Hollywood and Lamar need help next year.
Someone like Devonta Smith - both Smith and Hollywood can run all the routes, both real quick and both have top hands. Lamar, Andrews, Boykin, Smith, Hollywood and our running game would become death of the rest of the NFL.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This is insane:

upload_2019-10-23_17-54-23.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hollywood and Lamar need help next year.
Someone like Devonta Smith - both Smith and Hollywood can run all the routes, both real quick and both have top hands. Lamar, Andrews, Boykin, Smith, Hollywood and our running game would become death of the rest of the NFL.

I’ve been loving devonta Smith when I’ve been able to watch bama this year - but he’s probably playing himself to a postion where we’d have to draft him really high

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’ve been loving devonta Smith when I’ve been able to watch bama this year - but he’s probably playing himself to a postion where we’d have to draft him really high
I'd give 1st for him. Lot of other really good receivers in this class, sit tight and hope other teams like those guys better.