• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
agreed - i mean jeudy is a freak but i think devonta smith is my favourite of the bama receivers so far as a craftsman at his position - but jeudy is gifted
Yeah, they are both great in their own way. Everybody's working hard on opening stuff for other guys, blocking, all of it...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
we also wouldnt be able to run our offence as it looks currently because we wouldnt have the pieces at tight end - hayden hurst hasnt played like a first round pick but that doesnt make his role in our offence any less crucial - hes an incredibly important part of our pistol diamond formation among many other things as a blocker and a pass catcher
I know, I do like hurst and love what he does for this offense, but a first round tight end shouldn’t even be a question of “has he played like a first rounder”. And even if hurst was being used and he was playing great, there are still players that I would rather have that we could’ve gotten had we just taken Lamar at 25

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now that all these bums (analysts and other GM's, coaches and fanbases etc.) are so-called; "Lovin' Lamar" after he leads the Ravens to victories over the Seahawks and the Patriots on Primetime....I feel that this is his new theme music:

"BACK THEN THEY DIDN'T WANT ME......NOW I'M HOT.....THEY ALL ON ME!"

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Now that all these bums (analysts and other GM's, coaches and fanbases etc.) are so-called; "Lovin' Lamar" after he leads the Ravens to victories over the Seahawks and the Patriots on Primetime....I feel that this is his new theme music:

"BACK THEN THEY DIDN'T WANT ME......NOW I'M HOT.....THEY ALL ON ME!"

Who?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Watch sports networks! Lamar has been the talk of the town all week since Sunday night's victory over the Patriots and many of them (analysts and various media personalities etc.) that are praising him now weren't onboard a few weeks back.
I'm extremely disappointed in you. You should've known the "Who?" reference IMMEDIATELY. Disgusted!

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
To this day I still have nightmares about the Polamalu blitz that Joe did nothing about pre-snap. That play was telegraphed a mile away and the man just let Troy posterize him. Ugh.

I imagine that play with Lamar and that’s probably a hot read first down to Andrews. It’s a new day in Baltimore.
Lamar's field awareness and pocket presence is miles ahead of Joe's.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm extremely disappointed in you. You should've known the "Who?" reference IMMEDIATELY. Disgusted!

Well, Lamar Jackson is the answer but I didn't think of it immediately cause I don't focus on THAT part of the song! My focus is on the hook....

"BACK THEN YOU DIDN'T WANT ME (LAMAR).....NOW I'M HOT.....YOU ALL ON ME!"

:06: :06: :06:

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar's field awareness and pocket presence is miles ahead of Joe's.

He has such great command of the offense and he's only in his first full year. One thing that I haven't seen anyone mention is how quickly he relays the playcall and gets everyone lined up. Consider this: we've had only two Delay of Game penalties all season (one of them being the infamous Skura play which had Lamar visibly frustrated). TWO! With all the motion we like to run pre-snap, that's very impressive.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
All Lamar Jackson fans, if you haven't already read this article from the Ringer please read it to appreciate who Lamar Jackson really is according to people who've coached him early on. I'm still reading it but thought you guys and gals would enjoy it just the same. So here is the link. Tell me what you think afterwards!

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/...son-baltimore-ravens-nfl-starting-quarterback

Great piece! Here are my favorite parts of the article:

It’s rare that a young, black quarterback is given the keys to a franchise and set up to succeed so early in his career. “He has it, there’s no question, that desire to be great,” said James Urban, the Ravens’ quarterback coach. “I think as much as anything with Lamar, I would say that "HE WANTS TO PROVE [THE RAVENS' FRONT OFFICE] RIGHT, RATHER THAN PROVE EVERYBODY ELSE WRONG!"