• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m now realizing something about lamar, he has some of the best touch on his passes ever, he’s got a great sense of how high the defender can get, and he puts just enough touch on it to be out of reach but low enough that he can put as much velocity on it as possible so it’s not getting there late.

It used to scare me because he did this last year too, and I often felt some of his passes were lucky that they weren’t tipped, like he didn’t see a defender right in front of him and lucked out that the ball couldn’t be tipped, but he’s done it so often and so consistently that I’m calling it a trait now.
The most impressive thing for me is how quickly he already reads defense(s). I thought it'll take much longer.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m now realizing something about lamar, he has some of the best touch on his passes ever, he’s got a great sense of how high the defender can get, and he puts just enough touch on it to be out of reach but low enough that he can put as much velocity on it as possible so it’s not getting there late.

It used to scare me because he did this last year too, and I often felt some of his passes were lucky that they weren’t tipped, like he didn’t see a defender right in front of him and lucked out that the ball couldn’t be tipped, but he’s done it so often and so consistently that I’m calling it a trait now.

i still find it outrageous how lamar and mahomes can create velocity on their throws even when they completely change their arm angle - so much upper body torque its unreal

that being said id rather lamar didnt throw a pass into ronnie stanley's helmet again lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Or Roman gets a deal similar to DeCosta and is willing to wait?
upload_2019-11-7_2-53-8.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i still find it outrageous how lamar and mahomes can create velocity on their throws even when they completely change their arm angle - so much upper body torque its unreal

that being said id rather lamar didnt throw a pass into ronnie stanley's helmet again lol
Yeah, that’s just easy bait for his haters lmao

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Lamar was named AFC offensive player of the week. Second time this season. (Apologies if this was posted already.)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
just went back and watched the inside ozzie's last draft with the calls to hayden and lamar and there's this moment while marty's talking to lamar that steve bisciotti comes over to ozzie and has this massive shit-eating furtive grin and you can tell he's pumped because he and ozzie both know they've just hood-winked the whole nfl

steve said we should take lamar at the 16th pick and Eric was the one who said be patient and we ended up with both lamar and hayden

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I realized that for some reason in certain passing situations, I have a built in sense of nervous dread almost about what might happen. I don't know if I have been somehow influenced by the naysayers subconsciously and have bought in to the notion that at any moment, the other shoe might drop. Or I am so used to having that same feeling watching the offense under Flacco over the recent past.

In any case I am done with that. Lamar has got it. he knows what he's seeing. He is learning all the time. he makes good decisions generally and man is he exciting.