• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

purp

Practice Squad
it's so odd to have a team go from a number 1 defence which was also our calling card to the number 1 offence which is what we rely on now

My favorite thing is that even though it’s a great offense it’s still Ravens football. It’s still smash mouth, blood and guts football but it’s more Muhammad Ali than George Forman. I love it.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
My favorite thing is that even though it’s a great offense it’s still Ravens football. It’s still smash mouth, blood and guts football but it’s more Muhammad Ali than George Forman. I love it.
I guess yesterday was the Rumble in the Jungle! Lamar Bomaye!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I love it....

"Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee"

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
has that ever happened before, in the history of the NFL

If I recall correctly, 2006 Chargers had that. Number 1 seed, lost to the Patriots in the divisional round because, of course they did.
That same season, the Ravens were one of two teams that beat the Chargers in the regular season. Got the number 2 seed in the playoffs and lost to the Colts in the divisional round because what the Ravens' offense was for over a decade.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If I recall correctly, 2006 Chargers had that. Number 1 seed, lost to the Patriots in the divisional round because, of course they did.
That same season, the Ravens were one of two teams that beat the Chargers in the regular season. Got the number 2 seed in the playoffs and lost to the Colts in the divisional round because what the Ravens' offense was for over a decade.
that was the year the Chargers were leading and intercepted a pass near the end of the game. Instead of just going down, he ran and fumbled the ball and the Pats got the ball back, giving Tom Brady another chance and you don't give TB two chances to win a game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not gonna lie, lamar ball placement is still kinda iffy sometimes
you can't be perfect all the time. As a matter of fact, I keep looking at the Marquise Brown 49 yarder to start the game and that should have been a touchdown, but Hollywood tripped.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
2018 QB Comparison ---

IMG_2859.jpg

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Love Lamar. I can't put him ahead of Russell. That team would probably be a bottom 6 or 7(bottom 4 any other year) team if not for him. We're not perfect, but a much better situation than Russ is in. If it wasn't for him, I'd definitely say Lamar is running away with it.