• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar this year on 3rd down has been incredible - he's gone 39/59 (66% completion rate) for 496 yards (8.4 yards/attempt), 5tds, 1int, passer rating of 113.4

he has been somehow better on 3rd down than any other down as a passer (168/255 for 65.9% completions, for 2036 yards at 8 yards/attempt, 15 tds, 5 ints at 101.7)

this does not even take into account his rushing

3rd down stats came from https://twitter.com/Yoshi2052

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lamar this year on 3rd down has been incredible - he's gone 39/59 (66% completion rate) for 496 yards (8.4 yards/attempt), 5tds, 1int, passer rating of 113.4

he has been somehow better on 3rd down than any other down as a passer (168/255 for 65.9% completions, for 2036 yards at 8 yards/attempt, 15 tds, 5 ints at 101.7)

this does not even take into account his rushing

3rd down stats came from https://twitter.com/Yoshi2052
that last stat is his total on all downs......168/255 for 2036 yards.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Deshaun Watson is such an impressive QB in his own right. The Bears really f*cked that draft up.
The Bears drafted Mitch because he organized the dinner with them. I give Pace a pass for Mahomes, but why would you choose Mitch over Watson. Watson was a winner whereas Mitch only started his junior season because he couldn't beat out other scrubs. Well in the end we all probably know the reason...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The Bears drafted Mitch because he organized the dinner with them. I give Pace a pass for Mahomes, but why would you choose Mitch over Watson. Watson was a winner whereas Mitch only started his junior season because he couldn't beat out other scrubs. Well in the end we all probably know the reason...

"Prototype"

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not one to throw around the term generational talent, because I take the term literally, but we absolutely could have a generational talent on our hands.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm not one to throw around the term generational talent, because I take the term literally, but we absolutely could have a generational talent on our hands.
Oh yea most def. anymore improvement in his passing and shyt gonna get real. Imo i think the system that we are running wont last long. However, its perfect for lamar as he progresses

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh yea most def. anymore improvement in his passing and shyt gonna get real. Imo i think the system that we are running wont last long. However, its perfect for lamar as he progresses
We may be running a system that emphasis Lamar's athleticism, but l don't believe one bit that he is a system QB, not one bit.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We may be running a system that emphasis Lamar's athleticism, but l don't believe one bit that he is a system QB, not one bit.

Been trying to tell people this. The system is maximizing his talent while helping him grow. I think his passing game is really going to open up year 3.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Generational talent implies once in a generation which implies there was a better athlete in prior generations. In my view, it is entirely appropriate to call Lamar Jackson not just a generational talent but once in a lifetime talent. Not a whole lot different but sounds way cooler!