• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who else has been checking for Lamar Jackson videos lately? All the haters have banded together in common cause. This is one last heave ho of hate they're piling on Lamar Jackson. What is it? The comical comparisons between a really good player in Watson and the once in a lifetime talent in Lamar Jackson. Save very few, all the perpetual haters like TitCock, Uncle Stephen, and several other original haters that didn't want to believe in Lamar are all going with Watson if nothing else just to spite us! Well so be it morons I say, Lamar will keep proving all your doubters wrong. In fact I want them to continue to hate and doubt Lamar because that is exactly what he thrives on. That hate and envy are his tonics.

Tank

Hall of Famer
but i think that's undervaluing the importance of building an offence around your qb - in a sense every qb is a system quarterback because if you're building an offence right then you should be building it around the strengths of the player who touches the ball on every snap - we are running a scheme here that's never been run in the nfl before with a playbook that's enormous (per yanda) and an incredibly diverse running game that's pretty complex - if roman goes those things all leave - normally there's multiple coordinators in the league for each system but there's no one else in the league who runs an offence that looks or feels anything like what we run here - now maybe that's not the case in a year's time but there's no one outside of the building who can run the offensive system we have in place - so if we get someone new from outside the system changes or the OC has to adapt to a new system
lol.....I'm not undervaluing anything and completely understand the importance of building a system and offense around the QB. You need only look at the post SB Ravens to see the result of not building the offense around your franchise QB and not giving him the best chance to succeed. Obviously they’ve learned the hard lessons from those mistakes. But it can’t be stressed enough how important James Urban has been, and will be to Lamar’s development and continuing improvement.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Who else has been checking for Lamar Jackson videos lately? All the haters have banded together in common cause. This is one last heave ho of hate they're piling on Lamar Jackson. What is it? The comical comparisons between a really good player in Watson and the once in a lifetime talent in Lamar Jackson. Save very few, all the perpetual haters like TitCock, Uncle Stephen, and several other original haters that didn't want to believe in Lamar are all going with Watson if nothing else just to spite us! Well so be it morons I say, Lamar will keep proving all your doubters wrong. In fact I want them to continue to hate and doubt Lamar because that is exactly what he thrives on. That hate and envy are his tonics.
you know what. I hope they keep disbelieving, because it will keep showing how stupid they are...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lol.....I'm not undervaluing anything and completely understand the importance of building a system and offense around the QB. You need only look at the post SB Ravens to see the result of not building the offense around your franchise QB and giving him the best chance to succeed. Obviously they’ve learned the hard lesson from those mistakes. But it can’t be stressed enough how important James Urban has been, and will be to Lamar’s development and continuing improvement.
I have no doubts in being able to keep him around. David Culley has also been a QB coach and having both in the building is fantastic, even though he is currently the Passing Game Coordinator and Asst. Coach.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Very Nice Breakdown of Lamar Jackson operating in the quick game, per Football Outsiders

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2019/film-room-lamar-jackson

There is no "figuring out" what Jackson is, at least not to any different degree from any other NFL quarterback. Jackson is every bit as meticulous and nuanced as he is exciting and daring. It's only a matter of time before Jackson is cemented into the upper echelon of NFL quarterbacks.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The most incredible thing about that play is not the juke that makes Geno miss but it’s the move he makes before.

Lamar sees Geno coming so he actually slides left into his way to make Atkins commit to that angle then slides back to where he was originally standing to make him miss.

Lamar is processing the physical aspect of the game in year 2 better than most players ever will.
Indeed. You don't teach those instincts and football IQ. And like Baldy pointed out, you could see the look of disgust on Geno's face after he saw that completed pass.

you know what. I hope they keep disbelieving, because it will keep showing how stupid they are...
Damn straight. The way I see it? They missed their chance to hop on the bandwagon a long time ago. Now be gone and stay gone. We don't need you and we damn sure don't want you.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was that a miss or was it blocked? I swear when I saw it I thought I heard a block, but people keep saying it was a miss and it makes me think I am crazy.

He missed it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can you imagine that dirty bastard Myles Garrett doing the same thing to Lamar after he was taken down viciously? Beating a QB with a helmet right on the head? This guy is going to be singled out by the league. He better watch out because they're going to kick his shit in every chance they get. I think Pouncey got him on the ground and somebody kicked the MFer in his head repeatedly! Good for the Steeler who did that.

Look I have no love for the Steelers but this shit by Garrett and this isn't his first time playing dirty too... he's going to be suspended for the year absolutely.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Can you imagine that dirty [profanity deleted] Myles Garrett doing the same thing to Lamar after he was taken down viciously? Beating a QB with a helmet right on the head? This guy is going to be singled out by the league. He better watch out because they're going to kick his shit in every chance they get. I think Pouncey got him on the ground and somebody kicked the MFer in his head repeatedly! Good for the Steeler who did that.
It was all Pouncey - he did what he's supposed to do.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ryan Jensen still makes pouncey look soft, few punches to the helmet while your boy holds him down, nice, Jensen rode solo and ripped Alonso’s helmet off and smashed his head into the turf, and for way less.

Ravens are superior again.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Ryan Jensen still makes pouncey look soft, few punches to the helmet while your boy holds him down, nice, Jensen rode solo and ripped Alonso’s helmet off and smashed his head into the turf, and for way less.

Ravens are superior again.
I miss Red.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Lamar took that hit, first of all, I’m gonna take a guess that Lamar has SCRAPS, that dude is Jon Jones twitchy and strong af, and he’s quick witted, without a thought Garrett would’ve gotten a throat punch from Lamar in the blink of an eye, we don’t punch helmets out here. Then yanda and Stanley would’ve taken their helmets off and beaten Garrett’s ribs with it, and Zeus would finish with a people’s elbow.

Sorry, my mind wanders sometimes...

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
If Lamar took that hit, first of all, I’m gonna take a guess that Lamar has SCRAPS, that dude is Jon Jones twitchy and strong af, and he’s quick witted, without a thought Garrett would’ve gotten a throat punch from Lamar in the blink of an eye, we don’t punch helmets out here. Then yanda and Stanley would’ve taken their helmets off and beaten Garrett’s ribs with it, and Zeus would finish with a people’s elbow.

Sorry, my mind wanders sometimes...
If they tried that shit with Lamar the stadium would jump on their asses

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Lamar wouldn't have done what Mason did.

Excited to see how he plays this week. You know he still remembers the college game and wants to get even as a pro. For the most part, he's stepped up for big games and expect more of the same.