• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar Jackson

Tank

Hall of Famer
Well this team has a top tier defense and some really quality receiving threats, the OL, run game, lack of pass rush, and above all things(aside from OL play) the qb play has hurt this team badly. Quality qb play could right the ship.

Am I saying lamar will bring qb play good enough to right the ship? Nope, I don’t think we make the playoffs with any qb, but we know bob isn’t good enough to delay the development of lamar

Well that’s why they call it an opinion, and opinions are just like a$$****$ everyone has one. lol

While not top tier it would seem QB play is way down the list of issues starting with game planning and lack of a run game, which arguably would improve QB play no matter who is under center. But that’s just my opinion.

Would putting LJ in that situation help his development or hinder it? I’m not sure. I want him to succeed just as badly as anyone because that means my team would succeed, but hanging those hopes on a series of plays during trash time of a bad loss hardly signals he is ready to start an NFL game. Putting him in a pressure situation at this point could spell failure and ruin his confidence. We’ll see how it shakes out but whatever happens I hope it’s for the best.

Tank

Hall of Famer
@Tank: If we're going to win, we might want a winning qb. RGIII does have some experience in that area.

@JoeyFlex5 : Well, if you consider failure experience.

@Tank : I consider experience, experience.

lol. He eventually did face failure, but also had some success prior to injuries and yes, that experience is of value.
Not sure which way they would go at this point, but my money would be on Rob.

All jokes aside, I still want to see Lamar get some playing time if Joe is out.

If Joe is out I’d like this as well, but only if and when we are eliminated from contention for a spot in the tournament.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He had one fluke season as a rookie and has been nothing short of a disaster otherwise and has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can not operate from a pocket nor can he scan the field in any way. Bad experience isn’t the experience you want when you have a future to worry about.

They’re gonna start joe and he’s gonna be a statue and force check downs to double covered options 10 yards shy of the first down and pass for 122 yards 0td and 2ints and Harbaughs gonna say “joes played well first of all, he’s got some things he’s gotta work through but he played a really good football game, and were gonna move forward with him”
I have watched RG3 more than anyone on this board and agree for the most part. However it was more than a fluke, it was his rookie season where defenses were still adjusting to rpo on the NFL level. This helped him out tremendously and having Morris as his back didn’t hurt. Let’s also not forget that Kyle Shanahan was his OC. Once he was injured in the Ravens game and tore his acl in the playoff game vs the Seahawks, that ended the threat of rpo offense for the most part. He also wasn’t fond of rpo because he wanted to be a pocket qb and with a bad offensive line like he had in Washington, it’s very difficult to do that.

That being said, I will give RG3 the benefit of the doubt. He is an accurate qb that had no designated qb coach as a Redskin, then landed with the Browns and last year was out of football and besides that he is healthy and has learned how to slide. I’m not saying he has starter ability, but as a temporary fill in, I think he would be fine. I could see that he had tremendous improvement from his days as the skins qb and even the Browns qb, even if it was against 2nd and 3rd teamers. I would however prefer to see LJ start over RG3, because he is our future.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have watched RG3 more than anyone on this board and agree for the most part. However it was more than a fluke, it was his rookie season where defenses were still adjusting to rpo on the NFL level. This helped him out tremendously and having Morris as his back didn’t hurt. Let’s also not forget that Kyle Shanahan was his OC. Once he was injured in the Ravens game and tore his acl in the playoff game vs the Seahawks, that ended the threat of rpo offense for the most part. He also wasn’t fond of rpo because he wanted to be a pocket qb and with a bad offensive line like he had in Washington, it’s very difficult to do that.

That being said, I will give RG3 the benefit of the doubt. He is an accurate qb that had no designated qb coach as a Redskin, then landed with the Browns and last year was out of football and besides that he is healthy and has learned how to slide. I’m not saying he has starter ability, but as a temporary fill in, I think he would be fine. I could see that he had tremendous improvement from his days as the skins qb and even the Browns qb, even if it was against 2nd and 3rd teamers. I would however prefer to see LJ start over RG3, because he is our future.

Alfred Morris is the RB that so many coaches try and get rid of and yet he produces well everywhere he's used
he's an afterthought who can take a heavy load of touches

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Alfred Morris is the RB that so many coaches try and get rid of and yet he produces well everywhere he's used
he's an afterthought who can take a heavy load of touches
This is correct, but as a skin he didn’t have the mileage. Morris was deserving of rookie of the year in 2012. Then again so was rg3, Luck and Wilson

O

OriolesMagicPlease

The one thing about Lamar is he likes to throw to the TE and I can see him growing a rappoport with Hurst and Andrews. Why Joe doesn't show more faith in them I don't understand. I hope Lamar starts next week. Time to move on and yes I have been a Flacco supporter.

You're joking, right?

How is Joe supposed to throw to them when the play calling has them blocking? Ridiculous to put that on Joe.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m mad as shit, in my money league I was gonna pick up lamar as a wild card, until I look for him and see a PATRIOTS FAN who goddamn HATES lamar and thinks he’s a guaranteed bust... picked him up last week.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m mad as shit, in my money league I was gonna pick up lamar as a wild card, until I look for him and see a PATRIOTS FAN who goddamn HATES lamar and thinks he’s a guaranteed bust... picked him up last week.

I picked him up in all 3 of my leagues. Ravens remaining schedule is pretty juicy. And 2 of my leagues gives 100+ rushing yard bonus. Lamar should be able to do that in his sleep

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah I hear ya loud and clear. I tend to pick qbs very late 9-12 round depending on league size. I’m in a 16 team league with Dalton and Flacco and am leading the league in an extremely competitive money league. I just picked Jackson up and will decide who to play between those three within an hour of the game.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I picked him up in all 3 of my leagues. Ravens remaining schedule is pretty juicy. And 2 of my leagues gives 100+ rushing yard bonus. Lamar should be able to do that in his sleep

Yeah I hear ya loud and clear. I tend to pick qbs very late 9-12 round depending on league size. I’m in a 16 team league with Dalton and Flacco and am leading the league in an extremely competitive money league. I just picked Jackson up and will decide who to play between those three within an hour of the game.

I win! Lamar was my pick in a dynasty league - he's mine forever (or until proven a bust).

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm also in a 16 team league, but I have to decide between Jackson and Brees. I'm currently in 2nd place, if he starts I'm willing to start Lamar instead of Brees just because of pure fandom

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm also in a 16 team league, but I have to decide between Jackson and Brees. I'm currently in 2nd place, if he starts I'm willing to start Lamar instead of Brees just because of pure fandom
Brees will be without Armstead 3-4 weeks

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd go Brees. Bench your fandom, even without Terron Armstead

redrum52

Hall of Famer
You idiot's really start ravens players when you have viable options? I'm forced into playing Crabtree and snead this week cause chubb and Gordon are on bye. Luckily I have Kamara, Thomas, Kelce and Connor to carry the slack. He better clear protocol...